Jasmine Street, Capitol Site, Cebu City, 6000, Philippines
Asiatravel.com Agoda.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Cebu City

the water is so clearthe water is so clear

View from my room, Teo-Fel Pension HouseView from my room, Teo-Fel Pension House

Plantation Bay Resort Mactan islandPlantation Bay Resort Mactan island

try kalesatry kalesa

I need help and suggestions about CEBU !

by prettyreese

Help me, its my first time to go to CEBU!

Im going to Cebu with my friends on November 12-15. PEro mag Bohol pa kmi. Can someone help me kung saan magandang places to visit sa Cebu? accommodation and van for hire?

GUsto ko sana puntahan yung Bantayan and Malapascua . Kahit hindi na kmi mag Historical tour. Help me! Kung pano puntahan yung place n yun, san kmi mag sleep? 1 day sa Bantayan and 1 day sa Malapascua?

Baka NOvember 12- 13 Cebu then
November 14-15 kami mag Bohol.

Thank you sana reply kayo.;)

by npamo

i doubt you can see and enjoy all of the places you mentioned in your 4 days 3 nights in Cebu/Bohol. The trip to Bantayan alone will take you about half day and another half-day going back to Cebu City.

Check out my blog about Bantayan at http://npamo.multiply.com/journal/item/27/Bantayan_Island_-_a_slice_of_paradise and also check http://wowbantayan.com/wowhome/

We did a Cebu Bohol trip before but we took the plane going to Cebu via Mactan and returned to Manila via Tagbilaran to save time in the ferry crossing. We spent our first day in Bohol on the beach in Panglao and the second day doing the standard bohol tour visting the baclayon church, man-made mahogany forest, blood compact, cholocate hills, tarsier sanctuary, loboc river, etc. for less than 2000 for the rent of a car.

by gina550

Hi! Suggest you concentrate on Bohol for the beaches & Cebu City for a city tour, if you have time on your return trip. Bantayan & Malapascua are 3-4 hrs 1way & you will only tire yourself with the trip. From Cebu airport, go straight to the Supercat terminal & have fun in Bohol. Get an early trip to Cebu on your way back & tour the city by taxi. Don't go to the beaches anymore...do it in another trip. Enjoy!

by judayandryan

agree with that...
just stictk to cebu bohol trip.

by kemisteryoso

3 hours travel ng Bus to Hagnaya port then another 1 hr ferry ride so 4 hours na yun.

Visit these islands separately. I spent 2 days and 2 nights at Bantayan Island then yung 3rd day ay Cebu city tour bago flight pabalik Manila sa gabi.

by PTCebu

Travel both Malapasacua and Bantayan for two days is not realistic but possible only you like just smeeling the place:) From Cebu City to Malapascua will take more or less 5 hours inlcuding a boat. Going to Bantayan island from Malapascua will probably take around 2 hours.
If you wanted to enjoy the beautry of this beaches, you stay few more days not just one days you travel longer. From Malapascua there is another nice beach in the island of Carnaza, Cebu.

by mchfun

Hi My name is Charles Harman I'm an American now living in the Philippines, I have a website/blog all about making that first trip to the Philippines: http://retiringphilippines.org not just for retirees but anyone thinking about traveling to the Philippines. Let me know if It was helpful.

Charles Harman

Travel Tips for Cebu City

Food Treats

by risse73

Here are some famous food treats from Cebu and where to get them:

1.) Buy danggit sold in Carbon Market.
2.) Buy the famous Chorizo de Cebu in Carbon market or other local markets.
3.) Cebu's famous lechon is ubiquitously found in the city. Try any of the vendors around Mango Avenue or Fuente OsmeƱa.
4.) For the best Otap, we almost always bought from Shamrocks. Others buy theirs at Titay's.
5.) Try the "pochero" (pork stew) from local restaurants especially the ones around F. Ramos Street.
6.) Find a local vendor specializing in "calderetang kanding" (goat stew). We got ours from some off-the-beaten path location somewhere in the city. Alternatively, you can find it at some of Cebu's finest restaurants serving local cuisine (e.g., Chika-an, etc.).
7.) Try some "barquillos," "rosquillos," "ampao," etc.
8.) Buy the world-famous Cebu dried mangoes from Guadalupe OR try the regular mangoes sold everywhere in the city. They are truly the sweetest in the world!

Good Luck & Enjoy Beautiful Cebu!

Mactan Cebu International Airport

by thescene

The Mactan Cebu International Airport the second biggest airport in the Philippines in terms of passengers served. It serves a number of domestic airlines and is also connected to destinations in Korea, Hong Kong and the Middle East. The terminal seems a little old though there are plans to renovate and expand the terminal as the passenger numbers increase. Outside the terminal there are taxi cabs that can take you to the provincial capital of Cebu City which is located in the adjacent island.

Best Barbecue in Cebu!!

by fudguy about JunJun & Malou Karaoke & Grill

I was saddened to hear that Mandaues first BBQ closed in the beginning of the year. JunJun & Malou Karaoke & grill. All the other bbq's on A.S. Fortuna tried to imitate but could not duplicate. They had the juciest BBQ chicken and pork BBQ anywhere! Happy to say I ran into an old employee from there. They now have a new location at the capitol Site near NBI. just off of Escario St. They have free Karaoke. I sang, and they didn't ask me to leave! I'm not a good singer. They were very hospitable. The sound system is pretty good to. YOU HAVE TO GO! Great food, very enjoyable. Great food to pick up and take to the beach. very reasonable I went there and just like the other place it was too late for the Balbacua. That is the best in Cebu! Unfortunately alot of people know it and it sells out every day early. The chicken bbq is juicey and very good. They make their own bbq sauce that they should sell to the public. Pork bbq nice and tasty. But I tried sizzling pusit. They have alot of different things at this location compared to the other in Mandaue. The sizzling Squid was excellent it had a mild curry sauce with diced mixed vegetables stuffed inside the squid. I had to have the decades old bbq chicken that made them so famous. Honestly, it is even better then before or maybe I just wanted it so bad it tasted better. The squid was great with an ice cold beer.

Hunting for dried fish

by iclee

Tabo-an market: We literally went snorkelling for dried fish and squid in this market. If you're a fish fanatic then you'll go gaga over the variety of dried fish they offer here. I can imagine Gordon Elliot, Jaime Oliver or even Wolfgang Puck coming here to sample the endless fish finds they can use for their gourmet dishes.

Is was not hard to find. Just get a cab and say Tabo-an. It was about 15-20 minutes away from Waterfront hotel.

Wear something regular and you do not mind bringing to the cleaners for extra wash. The fish odor sticks to everything you wear so do not wear silks or linens.

During rainy season, the market is somewhat muddy so wear rubber shoes or flipflops that are easy to clean.

This is home to the world famous "Danggit" fish. Best served fried in oil and with fresh tomato salsa as condiment. Chowtime!

Blacklight Mini Glof - Zoomers

by AlphaKano

What was that? Yeah you read it correctly. Cebu has an indoor black-light miniature golf course. Before I describe it, I will say that we caught this place on it's Grand Openning weekend (March 28th, 2009, and we had an awesome time.

This mini golf course has nine holes and we were thinking that it should be eighteen, but we were not disapointed. This indoor course has a twist...it is also a HAUNTED HOUSE!!!

As you play, you are taken through three different "Themes".

1) The first three holes are in an "underwater" theme. Meaning to say that when you first enter the course it is "virtually" under water in the ocean. There are whales, dolphins, sea turtles, jellyfish, and a very friendly and micheveous OCTOPUS. Be careful of this guy as he will startle you.

2) Next is a theme set in an ancient Egyptian Mummy's Tomb (see photos). The artwork in this place is very impressive. Well done.

3) The third and final "theme" is similar to a "Pirates of the Carribean", but the designer has cleverly included some local history as there is a replica of Cebu's Fort San Pedro. The fort is equipped with two functional cannons, and they actually fire at the pitateship adjacent to in the simulated pirate attack on the fort.

There are more "Haunted House" effects that I left out so I wouldnt spoil your experienc, but rest assured you will be scared...at least I was.

We saw both kids (like young kids. 4 years old), and adults playing.

The manager comunicated that their kitchen would be open soon to serve food and drinks as the atmosphere was comfortable, and we wanted to stay to watch other players get "scared" by the animatronic animations.

Enjoy!