Golden Peak Hotel Suites Cebu

Agoda.com Expedia.com Asiatravel.com

Satisfaction Poor

• BarryBraund's Profile Photo

Convenient hotel for Cebu City

Having read some reviews, I think I stayed in a different hotel. I found the staff efficient and friendly. When we were looking to travel somewhere for the day, the reception staff spent time showing us maps and help with places to visit.

At 1500 Pesos, you are not going to find the best hotel, but the rooms were clean with a good en-suite shower room.

Food in the hotel was good, from the buffet breakfast to the BBQ on the roof each Saturday. The hotel does lack atmosphere, but if you are simply looking for somewhere to stay, that is near Mango Square, it serves the purpose.

On Saturday nights there is a Karaoke on the roof, where they cook fresh BBQ squid, pork chicken and more and bring your drinks orders to your table. The views across the city from the roof are terrific.

Wi-fi is an issue. You can pick it up in reception, but I struggled to find it in the room.

You never feel that safety or security is an issue here. There are safety deposit boxes at reception and security on the hotel door.

The rooms have Air-Con, Sat-TV and an empty fridge?

Overall, the Golden Peak may have had it's peak a little while ago, but I feel is good value for money and no significant complaints.

Unique Quality: The rooftop BBQ/Karaoke on Saturday night is worth a visit.

• freddie18's Profile Photo

Good Location

My stay with this hotel was comfortable and pleasant, facilities is above-average, amenities is unquestionable. This hotel is in good location, situated in the centre of financial district and walking distance to the major business and shopping areas.

There is an excellent selection of bread and pastries, fresh fruits and juices. Fresh brewed coffee is available readily during our breakfast schedule.

I can recommend this hotel as it is in good location; close to SM shopping mall, banks, and restaurants. Hotel staff are courteous and attentive.

• Great place to stay

Stayed here in July 2006. Front desk staff were very helpful, although check-in was a bit slow. I had reserved online for a set price and it seemed like it caused them a bit of a headache. Other than that, service was great. The hallways could use a little work, but the rooms were very clean, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom was very nice and clean. The retaurant served tasty food, but the menu is a little limited. It is a short taxi ride to SM and the Piers, whish was great for us as we were going to Leyte on Fast Ferry.

One morning at breakfast we met the manager, who was very friendly, asking us lots of questions as I was there with my Filipino fiance (now wife). When I mentioned that on our last day we needed a later checkout, she basically offered to let us stay an extra night for free. I had a great stay at the Golden Peak.

• mikoykoy's Profile Photo

One of Cebu's Finest

We stayed overnight in this hotel. We got 1 superior and 1 de luxe room for our stay. Although the hotel is high-rise, the hotel floors starts only at 10th floor because the lower floors were used as office by other tenants. The coffee shop/restaurant is located at 2nd floor. Included in the room rate is buffet breakfast for two persons already. Choices of food during breakfast is few, however the taste is good.

Rooms are clean, airconditioning is good.

The front desk staff are also helpful. They have first-aid medicines available when I was looking for the nearest drugstore where I can get relief for stomach disorder.

My negative review is the condition of the bathrooms. Tiles are broken and faucet are not fixed.

Overall, I will still recommend this hotel to others because of staff courteousness and cleanliness of the room.

Unique Quality: a) Overlooking the Lahug and Nivel Hills.
    b) Near Ayala Center
    c) Security Guards and Bellboys are very courteous and helpful. They immediately attend to your needs (getting taxi for you and assisting in carrying your handheld baggage)

• kilroy238's Profile Photo

Golden Peak. Expensive but nice.

I stayed at the Golden Peak for almost 2 months. The staff was always very friendly. The resturant had a nice breakfast buffet. The cheese on the burgers sucks though..;) They are in a good spot very central to Cebu. A quick 10 min walk or a 6 piso 3 min jeepney ride and you are at Aylaya Mall. Smaller than SM but not a bad place. I would stay there again if my budget allowed not extremely expensive but if your on a tight budget cheaper places can be found in the area.

They used to offer a good discount for 1 months stay but they realized they were offering a good deal to people so they got rid of it...lol

Unique Quality: Good View of the city... Mountain view on one side sea view on the other... Or you can get one of the deluxe rooms with the mega windows and see it all.

If the roof is unlocked check it out one of the best views in cebu. They mostly use it for storage but the staff goes up there to smoke.

What a waste.

More about Golden Peak Hotel Suites Cebu

Affordable Accomodation

by yen_2 about Golden Peak hotel

It's located in the public street where the local PUJ's will pass by so, it's convenient to any places in the city. The rooms looks good and the bed is very comfy...The room has a built in pantry but the owner forgot to put refrigerator! The room rental is with an american buffet breakfast in the 2nd floor lounge. My room was located in the 19th floor and has a pretty view in the city. Great sunrise!

Street with Golden Peak Hotel on the BackgroundStreet with Golden Peak Hotel on the Background

Golden Peak Hotel

by freddie18

Considering a 2-night stay at the Golden Peak Hotel in May. I will be with my family of 4 adults. Need help on the following:
(1) Is it convenient location considering that we are going to Bohol after Cebu using Fast Ferry Boat (e.g. Supercat or Ocean Jet or Weesam Express). How close is the hotel to the Port?
(2) Superior Room + Extra Bed + Airport Pickup cost us Php6150 for 2 nights, is there any other suggestions like Bed and Breakfast Guest House?
Whatever help will be greatly appreciated.

RE: Golden Peak Hotel

by mikoykoy

(1) Golden Peak is strategically located. The hotel is close to the port (roughly 15~20 minutes drive if there is no traffic). If you also have spare time, the hotel is 5 minutes drive from Ayala Center Cebu and Metro Gaisano where you can go shopping and take your meal
(2) I think the package you get for the hotel is good however the room might be too small considering you are 4 in the family. You may also consider getting two adjacent superior room. I think the cost per room per night is 1800 (breakfast for two is inclusive). That means P7,200 which is an extra cost of P950 out of your pocket. That is just a suggestion. However, if you prefer to be close to one another one superior room is not bad.

I am sure you will have a wonderful vacation in the Philippines.

RE: RE: Golden Peak Hotel

by PhilippineTourist

Is there a good room in Golden Peaks for about 1,000 pesos a day for two people? Would it have its own bath, TV, air-conditioning?

RE: Golden Peak Hotel

by josephus01

Actually all of the transportation options are all good.If your destination is tagbilaran then there are many hotels that are near the port. If its Tubigon there are motels you can sleep to but i doubt you will like the quality.

RE: RE: Golden Peak Hotel