Cardinal Rosales Avenue, Cebu City, Cebu, 6000, Philippines

Cebu City Marriott Hotel
Booking.com Expedia.com Agoda.com

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• suroyista's Profile Photo

Marriott Hotel Cebu - Fabulously Safe!

We checked in at Marriott hotel for our 2 nights accommodation. As expected, the quality of services, the standard of facilities & amenities are way beyond my expectations.

The hotel is relatively small, compared to other Marriott branches, but the interior was strategically designed in such a way that it will look spacious. It has a minimalist and modern look, but doesn't feel cold at all.

Our room was a Double deluxe that overlooked the hotel pool, the Ayala Terraces and the City view. It's spacious, very clean and complete with luxurious amenities.

I sooo love the bed and the pillows... it's not too soft, not too hard... just right! ;o)

I was also impressed by the hotel's effort of showcasing Local Products that are made using local materials. There's this mirror frame that was made out of seashells, and the wall treatment above the headboard was actually made from coconut shells. Even some accent pieces found in the lobby and in the elevator. Isn't that great?

My hubby, particulary, loved the rainfall shower head.

The staff were very professional and very knowledgeable about the city's tourist spots.

Unique Quality: When we arrived in the hotel, the first thing that really impressed me was their "SECURITY SYSTEM". They have this Xray Security Screening System, just like those in the airports, that all guests and luggages should pass through. Others find the system stiff and unfriendly, but for me it's simply outstanding.

The FRONT DESK is one of the most beautiful Front Desks I have every seen, so far. Unlike the common Front Desk in most hotels that look so intimidating and unfriendly, theirs is really cute and has a welcoming feel. A perfect complement for the beautiful and handsome receptionists.

"AT YOUR SERVICE, ..." - Their telephone phraseology is very unique. Really makes every guest feels special.

Guests' EXCLUSIVE ACCESS to the Ayala Terraces. It's very convenient!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Marriott, convenient location, efficient staff

Unique Quality:
    We enjoyed our stay here at the Marriott in Cebu.

As with most Filipino hotels, the staff proved to be English-speaking, friendly and accomodating. The hospitality is just amazing...

The hotel is conveniently located nest to the shopping complex called Ayala Center, and is just a few minutes from downtown. The rooms are adequately sized, cleaned promptly, andyour requests attended to immediately. There is a pool and nobody was there so we just enjoyed it on our own....it was clean and well-maintained.

At night, there is the Palm Lounge which offers live entertainment.

• drunkenmaster4's Profile Photo

The only one...

Years ago, the Marriot is 1 of the only 2, 3 star hotel in Cebu City (the other is Waterfront) so its very difficult to book a room here. Between Marriot and Waterfront, Marriot is better and fresher than Waterfront. The other better hotels are not in Cebu City, like Shangri-la in Mactan. But nowadays, there are other options coming in as business is booming in Cebu especially at the advent of the BPOs and Call Centers like the Marco Polo Hotel.

As mentioned, Marriot has better facilities than Waterfront. They also have a better breakfast buffet selection. They also offer a happy hour drinking spree on Friday nights.

Unique Quality: Beside Ayala Mall.

• DJ_Rolo's Profile Photo

A Regular Marriot Hotel

This Hotel was just like any other Marriot Hotel, which i guess is a good thing. Everything was up to par including service, security, restaurant, and the pool but for the price you pay, in the PI i think you should get something more. Basically you are paying for the name. The rooms were clean and average size, but if i compare it to other hotels in the PI they should lower their rate. I believe i paid $90 US a night. Then again i didnt look around for other hotels in Cebu so i cant really complain..

Unique Quality: There was nothing outstanding here, it was just like any other Marriot Hotel. The Lobby and the Rooms are clean and service is good. Then again so are all Marriots, right? OK thing that i liked was the location. It is right next to the Ayala Center Mall. So if you dont have a car you can just walk next door to shop or eat.

More about Marriott

Enjoyable stay at the Marriott Cebu

by TripAdvisor Member Sypin

This is our second stay at the Marriott Cebu. Since my husband is a Platinum Reward Member we were upgraded to a Junior Suite-no extra charge.The service is excellent and the employees remembered us from a year ago.What's amazing is that the cleaning personnels have 4 year college degrees and are very professional.Our rooms are always kept clean and tidied.There's a nice buffet downstairs but costs a lot for ordinary folks but since we're Marriott Members we get to eat at the Executive level at the 12th floor for free.The hotel is also close to Ayala Mall where you can do your shopping,watch a movie,enjoy nightlife or just walk in the park.Be aware that to use the telephone for local call cost P20.00 (pesos)/call.It's better to use calling cards. Transportation is convenient and easy. The rooms are nice and comfortable.That's why Marriott is the place for us when we are in Cebu!!!

Great Stay at the Marriott Cebu CIty

by TripAdvisor Member smartsaver98

My family spent a wonderful 2 weeks in Cebu staying at the Marriott. First of all, it's a Marriott. The staff seems to set the standard in Cebu. The service plus the Marriott's central location endeared it my wife as met up with all her friends and former classmates.
The rooms were air conditioned, cozy and well appointed. The staff was extremely polite and attentive especially as security heightened for the ASEAN summit where the delegation from India was housed at the Marriott.
We were there for a wedding. The reception was at the Marriott plus we also booked a deluxe and business suite for the groom and the bridal entourage. There were absolutely no complaints.
We'll be back again.

Grand Sinulog Festival Week @ the Cebu Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member AsianGeekette

I stayed in the Cebu Marriott Hotel on the final week of the Sinulog Festival. I checked-in on the 17th of January 2006 for work-related reasons. I extended til the Sunday (21st of January) so I can watch the Grand Sinulog parade.

When I checked-in, I realized that the hotel security was very tight. They even had this equipment that is inserted into the luggage to check air sample (instead of having a bomb-sniffing dog check the luggage). Quite a fancy security equipment. Then the guards take note of the plate numbers of all the vehicles that goes in. They ask the guest which room they're staying in. I was told later by one of the cab drivers that if one is staying in Marriott Hotel and take a cab, the cab drivers would be afraid of cheating you since the Marriott security guards write down their license plate numbers. If you complained against the cab driver (using the plate number on record), the cab driver would be banned from entering the Cebu Business Park. Hence, losing out on lucrative business in that side of the city.

Since I specified in my Marriott Club Rewards program that I wanted extra pillows, they did put extra pillows on my bed. It was a comfortable and clean bed. Bottled drinking water was replenished every day. On the day of the Sinulog Grand Parade, they left a big bottle of mineral water, knowing that it's going to be much needed.

The location is quite good. It's walking distance to the Ayala Mall where there's a good food court (grilled squid and seafood were so fresh and cheap!). However, the location was a double-edged sword since there were a lot of concerts and events happening around the mall during the Sinulog week. Hence it was a bit noisy. I had to make sure that the heavy curtains were drawn to soften the noise.

There's a gym in the hotel and it's quite well-equipped. There's a pool which has hedges around it to protect it from the public eyes. But a lot of people use the pathway besides the hedges to get to the mall. So don't expect too much privacy in the pool. Anyway, one shouldn't sunbathe topless in the area (there are kids on the pool!)

For the price that I paid, there was no breakfast included which was a bit of a downer. But I did try the the lunch buffet which offered a lot of options -- Mediterranean, Japanese, Filipino and American food choices. There's even a pasta bar where they'd cook the sauce right in front of you.

I'd probably stay in Marriott Cebu City Hotel the next time I'm in Cebu (because of the safety and security factor).

2nd time - still a great stay

by TripAdvisor Member oceanventurer

This was my second stay at the Cebu Marriott and several of the staff remembered me. The facility and the staff are some of the best. I could not believe how many times I was told "we are here to serve you". Everything was meticulous, I was also impressed with the attentiveness to us at breakfast and dinner and how clean and appealing they kept the buffet. We particularly enjoyed the seafood buffet that allowed us to mix between the variety inside and the grilled food outside. The value here is excellent. The rooms are very nice and a great location next to Ayala for shopping, dining and entertainment. They even log the taxi you arrive in and any you leave in. Housekeeping was great. My stay here was particularly welcomed after a terrible stay at Costabella Resort. I will be staying at the Marriott again and you have my recommendation.

Decent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member gman71

First of all I want to say that "Trip Advisor" is great. I always read the reviews from the travelers who write comments on this web site before I book a hotel. In the past I have booked hotels through various online agencies only to find that they had not reviewed the hotel and it is not what I expected. So TripAdvisor is something that I reccomend to all of my friends.

I stayed a a couple of Hotels in Cebu, but I will have to say that the Marriott is a very decent place to stay. great security, friendly staff. The rooms were exactly as they were on all of the advertized pictures. Bathrooms were nice, in room safe and no hassels for bringing in outside food.

I will give the marriott an above average rating and reccommend it to everyone.

Gill

Below average at best..

by TripAdvisor Member paydayray

The rooms were okay and so was the breakfast buffet. The only problem I had with this hotel was the front desk staff. They were outright RUDE, like they were there just to pass some time. They need to be re-trained, that's for sure. No way will I recommend this to my friends.. Rey from L.A.

It is a nice Marriott hotel, the best hotel in the city centre

by TripAdvisor Member pandaanan

We checked in in the evening, and they gave us the room that we wanted: one with a high altitude and a good view of the city. The room's size is adequate, with two large queen sized bed. The interior
design is warm and cozy, those that you get from a decent Marriott hotel. The bathroom is comfortable as well. The room service is reasonably priced and the food is okay. Do not order coffee there however, for they all look like instant coffee. The seafood buffet at
night is cheap and delicious, with a wide range of dessert and most importantly, unlimited white (Chardonnay) and red wine ( Merlot) from Chile (2005). The pool is okay, and the gym is well equipped. The security of the hotel is excellent, with a lot of security officers. I will give it an above average rating based on the low price and relatively high quality of the hotel.

Restaurant at Cebu City Marriott, Cebu PhilippinesRestaurant at Cebu City Marriott, Cebu Philippines

Comments