Midtown

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• realmercy's Profile Photo

Your first night in Cebu City

Yes I would just get your accomodations when you arrive in Cebu City, unless of course you are arriving during major holiday. On my first visit to Cebu City I had the name of one hotel Midtown Hotel in the Fuente section. My flight arrived in Manila from the USA, so while waiting for my next flight going to Cebu City I asked the other American travelers where was a good place to stay. I decided to spend the first night at the Midtown. The taxi fare was about 200pesos ($4.60 current exchange rate) I checked it and the hotel was about 3000p for the night including breakfast buffet. The next day I checked out to a very nice Pention House (Fuente Pention) for 1100pesos. I should mention on my first visit there were several people at the airport exit with signs from hotels asking me to try them..... so on my second visit I did, I stayed at the Europa Inn (www.europamansionetteinn.com) which was just like a small Holiday Inn. my room was a deluxe at 1200p and just outside of the city of Cebu but very close to everything with a free ride from the airport and a free american style breakfast, the free breakfast was not that great, but every thing else was , plus they exchanged USA money for very good rate, a nice surprise.
    One other thing I would like to mention there is a medium priced hotel right in the center of the city, its called The Cebu Business Hotel, I think they have a website, I have stayed there,and it was close to all of the 'nightlife' no reservations are nessary. Well I hope this helps,but becare always not to flash cash and leave your bling bling at home.
    Joseph

Unique Quality: Midtown had a very nice breakfast buffet and a nice view of the city from my 10th floor view. Europa was smaller but friendlier with the owner there every day, Internet connection and computer to use, nice small restaurant. very good secruity and very clean and cool rooms. Cebu Business hotel, good location, but I did have to buy a can of Raid bug spray for the roaches that checked in also I guess. :)

• cyan501's Profile Photo

Cebu Midtown

The hotel is located at the heart of the city. Beside the Robinsons mall. Its near casino, a lot lot of restaurants, fast food, salons and bars.

The room is cozy. I like the warm colors. The bathroom has a big bathtub.

They serve free buffet breakfast: Bacon, bread, omellete, fruit juice, etc.

Its just a jeepney away from SM Cebu.

Directions: Beside the Robinsons mall

• Midtown hotel

Good location right in the centre of Cebu. The rooms are a bit on the small side. Breakfast is OK. Doesn't seem to be any internet access, although Robinson's Plaza is in the same building and has an internet cafe which is very cheap. I paid $56 per night. No problem taking guests to the room. I'd stay here again if I'm in Cebu.

More about Midtown

In the center of things

by monina_c about Cebu Midtown Hotel

This is a very convenient hotel located in the area surrounding the Fuente Osmeña Circle. The breakfast spread is good and they provide a lot of local fruits in the buffet. The rooms are clean but the access to parking is a little too hairy (very steep street access). It has Robinson's Place Cebu downstairs so shopping is easily accessible.

Cebu Midtown Hotel

by Iluv2surf2 about Cebu Midtown Hotel

During my first trip to the Philippines Evelyn and I knew where our relationship was going both short and long term. The wheels were greased and I knew what I was to do and what the response would be.

I had asked her father and mother for their permission to marry their daughter and for their blessing. This was a little unusual, not that I would ask their permission because it is the respectful thing to do but because I am older by a year than her father.

I think Evelyn really held my feet to the fire and wanted to test my sincerity. One of the requirements she had to meet was that she was required to attend a seminar in Cebu for women seeking K1 visas. How serious was I about marrying her? I had her get us tickets for the next day to fly over to Cebu so she could attend this seminar and she could get her certificate and be one step closer to spending her life with me!

The part of Cebu I saw was wonderful. I could live there. We stayed in the Cebu Midtown Hotel. It is a beautiful facility inside with some OK views of the city outside.

The rooms were clean but basic. I felt they could have been nicer since it was a little pricey for these basic accommodations. The hotel staff was extremely polite and professional. I would definately stay there again. One of the nicer features of the hotel was not the hotel but it's proximity to shopping and restaurants.

View of Cebu Midtown Hotel LobbyView of Cebu Midtown Hotel Lobby

View From Cebu Midtown Hotel Room of PlazaView From Cebu Midtown Hotel Room of Plaza

Which is better?

b. Montebello Hotel

In Mactan:
a. Cebu White Sands
b.Cebu Beach Club

your comments and suggestions please

by PinoyTraveler

You may have to consider "centrality" and/or "urbanity" to decide as Midtown is right in the heart of the business district while Montebello is almost suburb. Both are spitting distance of shopping malls though. Midtown's lobby is the 4th floor of the building cuz 3rd floor to basement is the Robinsons Mall. This is a tall building. On the other hand, right beside(behind) Gaisano Country Mall is the sprawling Montebello.

On the Mactan dilemma, I would go for Cebu Beach Club as it caters better to transient tourists with other beach front sister-entities like the Tambuli and Bohol Beach Club. White Sands is also a fine choice but they're more in the market for those who want to own properties inside the resort.

by joysweet

agree with Cebu Beach Club as you can use the facilities of the other Tambuli Resorts.

by monina_c

Cebu Midtown is right across the Fuente Osmeña Circle and near the stores where you can shop for gifts and pasalubongs...

Comments