Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

Salinas Drive, Lahug, (formerly Waterfront Cebu City Hotel), Cebu City, 6000, Philippines

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Agoda.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• jamiesamui's Profile Photo

Still Enjoyable

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino is a place I try to stay everytime I visit Cebu City.

I love the atmosphere of the foyer,the breakfast in Cafe Uno and the pool.

However the standard rooms are badly in need of refurbisment.The Rattan room fittings are outdated,the TV`s are small and old (still being CTV)You would just say the whole room was showing it`s age.Hopefully in the near future the rooms will be refurbished.

The WiFi is free, signal is strong in the foyer,in the rooms so so at times

Now don`t get me wrong that criticism aside the rooms are clean and ok but for me disappointing for a hotel with the reputation and stature of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

Unique Quality: As I said above I just love the atmosphere,decor of the foyer also the location being close to a multitude of restaurants and also close to Ayala Mall

• iclee's Profile Photo

Competitive Accomodation

My husband attended a conference in Waterfront Hotel-city side and I followed him. On his first night, he dined in the lobby court and ordered a pasta dish. Upon following up order after 30 minutes, he learned order was not placed and dish is not available. He went ballistic and threatened to pull out booking from hotel. Hotel made up for boo-boo by giving complimentary stay nights and hotel limo pick-up for me. They also delivered a bottle of wine, two dozens of roses and a box of chocolate cake upon my arrival.

All restaurant outlets were at par or even better than Manila hotels. I'll describe later in the restaurants section of this travel file.

Amenities were new and working. The Duty Free outlets inside hotel were adequate.

I am just bothered by constant influx of people because of the Bingo in the casino.

Unique Quality: Food taste very good and truly affordable if not cheap. Resto facilities are world class

Directions: At the center of the Queen City of the South is Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino, located 30 minutes from Mactan international Airport, and a stone's throw away from the city's financial district.

• drunkenmaster4's Profile Photo

Second Best

Waterfront Lahug is my second best if you are staying in Cebu City. Not sure nowadays as there are new hotel sprouting.

As most business offices are located at Asia IT Town Park, you may better off staying in Waterfront Lahug if you have business meeting there. Since The Village, one of the premier night spot in Cebu is currently closed and being renovated (?), activities near Waterfront maybe limited.

But the hotel has its own attraction- PAGCOR Casino.

Unique Quality: Casino inside the hotel and near Asia IT Town Park.

• litekimchi's Profile Photo

Wait for it to complete its renovation

For a hotel that claims to be a five star, this was a huge letdown. We were lucky to have been assigned a 16th floor twin room. It had the basics: twin beds, a TV (an old one), a working desk, a sitting area, a minibar, a closet and a decent bathroom. It was decent, but it wasn't five star quality.

For a hotel that claims to be a business hotel, it surprisingly lacked an iron and an ironing board. We reserved for a twin sharing room, but we were only provided with one bathrobe. The towels were old, and we were only provided with 2 bath towels, a hand towel and a floor towel. At my four-star hotel in Singapore, I was provided with at least 7 towels---if I remember correctly. They also didn't replenish their toiletries daily, like they do in most hotels.

They couldn't even clean the bathrooms thoroughly!

Breakfast is served at the Cafe Uno daily. It was fare. They served a good variety of fruits, cereals, bread and pastries. As I normally don't eat anything heavy in the morning, I can't say much about the relatively heavier fare. I must say, though, that the food they served during our workshops was good.

The convention center needs some renovation, too, especially the restrooms. It's old, it stinks (the air freshener is too overpowering) and needs thorough cleaning. They seriously need to change the hand dryer.

Unique Quality: On the plus side, they do provide free wireless internet access at the hotel lobby and function rooms. However, the in-room wired internet access can be very expensive.

I checked out the gym, the Citigym, and I'm impressed. But then again I'm easily impressed as I only use the treadmill. ;) They have a lot of cardio machines on hand, that's always a plus. I didn't get to check out the pool, though.

The hotel also houses a small shopping arcade, Duty Free Philippines, the Casino Filipino and a restaurant row.

The staff are friendly and helpful. We had difficulty getting the shower started (I know! I know! I stay in a lot of hotels, but this one stumped me. It's soooo embarrasing!). We had to call the front desk for assistance, and they sent up somebody to help us out. All this in less than 5 minutes. Now that's service.

As they are renovating, the hotel promised larger rooms with better amenities. I suggest you wait for that as they will be changing everything from the layout to the beds.

More about Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

Cebu Waterfront Hotel

by syllybabe about Waterfront Cebu

Rooms are not expensive considering the facilities and quality of accommodations. Close to shopping at the Ayala Center and other restaurants if you don't want to eat at the hotel.

Hotel-Casino and Convention Center

by yellowbell about Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino

I attended a 3-day conference in this hotel but wasn't billeted here. I had a good look of the spacious rooms though. It has a casino, a large convention center, a business center that lets you receive your faxed messages at no charge and swimming pools. Food is good and staff is friendly.

If shopping is your deal in Cebu, this is not the hotel for you as the shopping malls are some 15 mins. away from the hotel.

Waterfront CebuWaterfront Cebu

Cebu

by levi19

I will be coming to the Philippines for the first time in about 10 days. Im looking for a site where I can find information on what to do in Cebu and where to stay.

I am into snorkeling and nightlife. Shopping is not of interest to me.

I would like to find accomadation that is close to the ocean, standard, and cheap. Approximately, how much would this be?

Also, I have been thinking about Boracay. This island receives so much praise that I want to see it. Should I try to go there from Cebu considering I only have 6 nights?

Thanks for the input and feedback it is much appreciated.

Re: Cebu

by arni_ph075

Hi there,

In Cebu, if you are looking for a beach accommodation, Mactan area would be the place, , unfortunately though most accommodations there are high end, as it caters mostly to Korean and Japanese tourists. It could range from $60-$250 per night.

Nightlife in Cebu is on city center, or near Lahug area, and its far from Mactan, 45minutes away..
Ratsky got live bands nightly and located in Ayala Entertainment Center..
You may also check the bars in Waterfront Cebu City, it got a great chill out place.

Snorkeling in Mactan is mediocre, why dont you hop off to Bohol, diving and snorkeling are its forte and got cheap accommodations by the beach.. If you like diving , check out Malapascua page of vt member jemm, great diving tips... but there is no nightlife there.

Go to Boracay, I think its really more of the place that you are looking for :-) great beach, nightlife and also got areas for snorkeling..

Stay longer in Boracay than Cebu.. :-)

Hope it helps.

Re: Re: Cebu

by mrjemm

Thanks Arni for the credit! ;-)

There is some life there down at Maldito's and Sunsplash, but I wasn't really a fan of it. More into the season I am sure it will pick up. But it will never be like a bar-strip (row of, I don't mean strip-bars!) or exactly "lively", but there are "discos" in the night.

Fantastic diving and good snorkelling.

Moalboal may be more convenient and have more nightlife. But I've not been there.

Jem

Re: Cebu

by jltan

I will join these guys and suggest that you stay longer in Boracay..

Comments