Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

jamiesamui's Profile Photo

Still Enjoyable

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 23, 2012

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino is a place I try to stay everytime I visit Cebu City.

I love the atmosphere of the foyer,the breakfast in Cafe Uno and the pool.

However the standard rooms are badly in need of refurbisment.The Rattan room fittings are outdated,the TV`s are small and old (still being CTV)You would just say the whole room was showing it`s age.Hopefully in the near future the rooms will be refurbished.

The WiFi is free, signal is strong in the foyer,in the rooms so so at times

Now don`t get me wrong that criticism aside the rooms are clean and ok but for me disappointing for a hotel with the reputation and stature of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

Unique Quality: As I said above I just love the atmosphere,decor of the foyer also the location being close to a multitude of restaurants and also close to Ayala Mall

iclee's Profile Photo

Competitive Accomodation

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 11, 2008

My husband attended a conference in Waterfront Hotel-city side and I followed him. On his first night, he dined in the lobby court and ordered a pasta dish. Upon following up order after 30 minutes, he learned order was not placed and dish is not available. He went ballistic and threatened to pull out booking from hotel. Hotel made up for boo-boo by giving complimentary stay nights and hotel limo pick-up for me. They also delivered a bottle of wine, two dozens of roses and a box of chocolate cake upon my arrival.

All restaurant outlets were at par or even better than Manila hotels. I'll describe later in the restaurants section of this travel file.

Amenities were new and working. The Duty Free outlets inside hotel were adequate.

I am just bothered by constant influx of people because of the Bingo in the casino.

Unique Quality: Food taste very good and truly affordable if not cheap. Resto facilities are world class

Directions: At the center of the Queen City of the South is Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino, located 30 minutes from Mactan international Airport, and a stone's throw away from the city's financial district.

drunkenmaster4's Profile Photo

Second Best

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 23, 2007

Waterfront Lahug is my second best if you are staying in Cebu City. Not sure nowadays as there are new hotel sprouting.

As most business offices are located at Asia IT Town Park, you may better off staying in Waterfront Lahug if you have business meeting there. Since The Village, one of the premier night spot in Cebu is currently closed and being renovated (?), activities near Waterfront maybe limited.

But the hotel has its own attraction- PAGCOR Casino.

Unique Quality: Casino inside the hotel and near Asia IT Town Park.

litekimchi's Profile Photo

Wait for it to complete its renovation

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 24, 2006

For a hotel that claims to be a five star, this was a huge letdown. We were lucky to have been assigned a 16th floor twin room. It had the basics: twin beds, a TV (an old one), a working desk, a sitting area, a minibar, a closet and a decent bathroom. It was decent, but it wasn't five star quality.

For a hotel that claims to be a business hotel, it surprisingly lacked an iron and an ironing board. We reserved for a twin sharing room, but we were only provided with one bathrobe. The towels were old, and we were only provided with 2 bath towels, a hand towel and a floor towel. At my four-star hotel in Singapore, I was provided with at least 7 towels---if I remember correctly. They also didn't replenish their toiletries daily, like they do in most hotels.

They couldn't even clean the bathrooms thoroughly!

Breakfast is served at the Cafe Uno daily. It was fare. They served a good variety of fruits, cereals, bread and pastries. As I normally don't eat anything heavy in the morning, I can't say much about the relatively heavier fare. I must say, though, that the food they served during our workshops was good.

The convention center needs some renovation, too, especially the restrooms. It's old, it stinks (the air freshener is too overpowering) and needs thorough cleaning. They seriously need to change the hand dryer.

Unique Quality: On the plus side, they do provide free wireless internet access at the hotel lobby and function rooms. However, the in-room wired internet access can be very expensive.

I checked out the gym, the Citigym, and I'm impressed. But then again I'm easily impressed as I only use the treadmill. ;) They have a lot of cardio machines on hand, that's always a plus. I didn't get to check out the pool, though.

The hotel also houses a small shopping arcade, Duty Free Philippines, the Casino Filipino and a restaurant row.

The staff are friendly and helpful. We had difficulty getting the shower started (I know! I know! I stay in a lot of hotels, but this one stumped me. It's soooo embarrasing!). We had to call the front desk for assistance, and they sent up somebody to help us out. All this in less than 5 minutes. Now that's service.

As they are renovating, the hotel promised larger rooms with better amenities. I suggest you wait for that as they will be changing everything from the layout to the beds.

Nearby Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

• Waterfront Hotel Cebu City
  • Waterfront Cebu City Hotel And Casino
  • Waterfront Cebu City Hotel Cebu City

Address: Salinas Drive, Lahug, (formerly Waterfront Cebu City Hotel), Cebu City, 6000, Philippines

2 Photos of Waterfront Cebu City Hotel & Casino

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Cebu City Travel Forum

Need advice about Cebu City, Philippines? Visit the Travel Forum for Cebu City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cebu City hotel reviews

Colon Street
Kawasan Falls
Olango Island, Cebu, Philippines
Things to Do
Basilica Santa Nino, Cebu, Philippines ...
The Urdaneta's Route
Heritage of Cebu Monument
Things to Do
Visit the heritage sites at Boljoon
Hike Osmena Peak
Taoist Temple, Cebu, Philippines
Things to Do
Lapu Lapu Shrine in Mactan Cebu ...
Crocolandia, Cebu, Philippines
Bread Talk
Restaurants
TGI FRidays, Cebu, Philippines
Restaurants
Papa Kit's Marina and Fishing Lagoon, Cebu, Phlps
Beach at Plantation Bay Resort
Things to Do
Swimming at Plantation Bay and Resort (2)
Things to Do
Swimming at Plantation Bay and Resort (1)
Day Tripper at Plantation Bay and Resort
Tha Main Basilica
The Pilgrim Center
Cebu City Hall
Things to Do
A superb sculpture, carving out history
Awesome zip-wire - Crown Regency Hotel
22nd Street Comedy Bar - Funny in any language
The Cross Planted By The Conquistadors
The Taoist Temple of Cebu City
Things to Do
Tops Mountain Lookout (night view)
Tops Mountain Lookout