San Remigio Beach Club Hotel

Good For No Data

More about Cebu Island

Mactan ShrineMactan Shrine

Plantation Bay ResortPlantation Bay Resort

Peace, Harmony, Serenity.Peace, Harmony, Serenity.

Patron SaintPatron Saint

Cebu Question

by huggy93

Hello everybody, I am thinking of going to Cebu either end of July or maybe the 1st 2 weeks of August 2010. I am told that during this time it will be in the rainy season. Is the rainy season heavy heavy HEAVY rain, or is it light rain perhaps everyday?

Is there anybody who was there July/August 2010? If so how was the weather?
Can anybody recommend any other islands in Phillipines which are worth a visit?

Thanks for your time

by kilnamona

hi ,,Is there anybody who was there July/August 2010? unfortunately it hasnt arrived yet so i presume u mean 2009,rainy season usually means some hrs of heavy rain .i have friend in cebu and also some family there ,so can give more specific details when i chat with them.Bohol is a very nice place close to cebu -can fly or take ferry ,also near bohol is the island of camiguin,there are also some islands around cebu -can go island hopping ,my friend in cebu can give u the details http://thejunglerestaurant.weebly.com/ Philip Patrick – (American – Owner) 09327224975

Florence Patrick – (Filipina – Manager) 09158249690

Email - thejunglecebu@yahoo.com

by sibbick1

I just answered a weather question for another poster.

I used to live in Cebu City.

This is what I replied.

Last August I spent my time in Leyte, Cebu and Bohol. it hardly rained at all. We went days without rain while it wouldn't stop in Manila. But a couple of times when it did rain, it poured down. However, my experience in the Visayas from many Augusts is, the usual weather pattern is that it will rain for a short time each day and be fine for the rest of the day.

Places in the Visayas you may be interested in are
- Bohol, including Panglao Island
- Cebu, including Malapascua Island
- Boracay.

The previous poster mentioned Camiguin. I would also be happy to suggest you go there and also consider Siquijor.

Regards: Jim Sibbick

by kilnamona

http://planetphilippines.com/category/travel/ island paradise in the pacific

by Malakawon

Cebu is a very hot place so if it rains, its a good thing. Rainy season is usually light rain only for this part of the country. Not enough to ruin your trip unless there is a typhoon. But typhoon is actually rare in Cebu.

What might be affected if it rains very hard and there are big waves? Your trip to Bantayan Island and Camotes Island.

But you are just planning to go around Cebu City, Mactan Island, Alegre, Badian, Moalboal, Kawasan Falls, Sumilon Island, Mantalongon. You will be just fine.

Have fun!

by PinoyTraveler

true. rain is not so much of a bother in these parts that many even long for it! other islands I can recommend would be limasawa, bohol, siquijor, negros, camiguin, samal and generally the whole of mindanao. you may also want to check that both the longest and tallest bridges in this country are on leyte island.

by yagao

Weather Forecast

Travel Tips for Cebu Island

Turquois Waterfalls

by XiaoRay

Kawasat Falls is one of the most beautiful experiences that I have ever had. In the mountains outside Cebu, my stepmother and I had a tourguide who would lead us to this remote but beautiful location.
The falls themselves are clear and fall into a icy pond of aqua marine. There was a grill there and we feasted on Chicken, Pork, Fish, and crab cooked only in soy sauce and Kalamansi fruit. You have to hike for about thirty minutes to get here but you feel like you are lost to society during your visit. It is the most peaceful feeling.

Basilica de Sto Nino

by barbskie

Cebu's cathedral is located in the heart of the city. One of the famous pilgrimage in the Philippines. The facade of the church is a blending of Muslim, Romanesque, and Neo-Classical features. I'ved been here many times before but took some photos only this recent visit . As you may see my pictures, the outside looks like it is an old church commonly seen somewhereelse. The church is considered as the first established one in the country. The interior of the cathedral is a must to see.

Poro Church

by limledi

The Church of Poro, the oldest in Camotes Islands, is dedicated to the Sto. Niño. The town was founded in 1701 and the parish was established in 1849. The church’s original belfry was destroyed and a new one was built in the 60s.

Cebu - Loved It!

by Whitenite

"Welcome to Cebu"

When I arrived in Cebu from Australia I was initially culture shocked! As time passed i came to fall in love with the people and the City of Cebu.

I have never in my life been welcomed with so much friendliness and joy and warmth by the local people as well as the Staff of Alta Cebu Garden Resort in Cordova on Mactan Island. Yes, the resort may have been about 20 minutes from the City of Cebu but the treatment I received made that all worthwile. Nothing was a problem for them and they dropped whatever they were doing to make sure that my stay and trip to Cebu was memorable. I am hoping to get back there as soon as I can for a much closer look at the City and outlying areas and hope to have a better grasp at some of the language so that I can make it more interesting. I had some challenges emotionally dealing with the kids and some adults that begged me to buy something and took me a little while to get used to them not giving up asking me to buy and hanging onto me begging. There is much to see and do in Cebu if you have the right guide and the appropiate time to get out and about. Dont be afraid to mingle with the Locals as you will find most are accomodating and willing to help with whatever you you require.

Comments