Sarrosa International Hotel & Residential Suites

F. Cabahug st. Cor. Pres. Quirino, Ayala Access road, Mabolo, Cebu, 6000, Philippines
Sarrosa International Hotel and Residential Suites
Asiatravel.com Agoda.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Sarrosa International Hotel & Residential Suites

Cebu Hotel

by divesmashgolf about Sarrosa INternational Hotel

Spend a night at standard(?) room, my impression is that the room, amenities, etc. are quite old and needs a face lift. Wish i check into another "Newer" hotel.

Ice CastleIce Castle

Plantation Bay ResortPlantation Bay Resort

Museum shopMuseum shop

Kota Beach ResortKota Beach Resort

Furnished Apartment

by hmolofsky295

Sir,

I have a friend who has rented a furnished aprartment from Sarrosa International Hotel etc. I can't seem to bring them up on the internet.

Basically, I'm looking for a furnished apt...studio or 1 bedroom.. for approx 2 1/2 months...from March 21st to June 10th ...

I was told the hotel/apt was by the Ayala Mall which is what I need.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Re: Furnished Apartment

by Beye

Hi,

Not sure about Sarrosa, but you may want to check out Sophia Suites. Nice private place. Stayed there for a few months since my company was renting the place. They have a website www.sophiasuites.com.

Hope this helps. Cebu is a pretty neat place. Lots of relatively cheap places to go to. Also, its a good jump off point if you want to travel within the Visayas region. :)

Beye

Re: Furnished Apartment

by sibbick1

Sarrosa is about 1.5 kilometres (about 1 mile) from Ayala mall.

Their website stopped working about 6 months ago.

Here is some info from another site:

Regards: Jim

Fuente or Mactan Accomodation

by melay0512

Hi,

Im planning to spend Christmas in Cebu with my family. Can anyone advice where is the best place to stay? Im considering Crown Regency but I do not know whether Fuente or Mactan. Its our first time to visit Cebu and planning to go Bohol, probably on third day of our 4-day trip. Appreciate your tips.. Thank you.

by drjlim

I would probably suggest the one in fuente because it is more accessible to other areas. However, it will depend on where you want to go and where your relatives are located. If you prefer to go to the beach, better stay in a beach resort then such as shangrila, plantation bay or white sands or tambuli. The problem with the Mactan branch is that traffic can be really bad especially durign peak hours to and from the old mactan bridge..

by PinoyTraveler

i would go for the towers (Fuente) which is in the city. or even the residences (V Rama) just off the hectic city life if your thing is roaming around the city.

but if its the beaches you are after, dig the suites - which is still a few clicks to the beaches anyway btw!

your bohol trip would probably be in the early morning so the towers or the residences would be nearer. then again, if you are early risers, it does not matter if you were in mactan :)

i still love the towers

by sibbick1

Is it a young family or a grown up family?

Fuente Osmena in my opinion is the busiest bit of road in the whole of Cebu. It is also a place of beggars, there are prostitutes hanging around at night and it is nearby to a number of girly bars.

It would not be my first choice for a young family.

I also would not waste my time on Mactan island. It is a place of factories, industry and the airport. It just also happens to have some expensive resorts on the best bits which gives some people the impression it is a resort island like Boracay when it is the opposite.

For a young family, I would choose one of the following, depending on budget. They all have swimming pools except for Parklane and are away from any red light district:
Sarrosa Hotel but it's website isn't working. Google for info

Metro Park would best if you are on a budget and if you have a few dollars to throw around, I believe you would be very happy at the Waterfront Hotel. Otherwise, Parklane is a new hotel with a good reputation, just accross the road from Ayala Mall where you will find restaurants, night clubs, cinemas, children's entertainment and usual mall shopping

I hope this helps!

Regards: Jim

Travel Tips for Cebu Island

Panagsama Beach, Moalboal

by limledi

The small town of Moalboal is located on Badian Bay in the south-west of Cebu, about 90 km by road from Cebu City. Most tourist activity involves the neighbouring, flat Copton Peninsula, mainly on Panagsama Beach in the barangay of Basdiot, about three km from Moalboal. Many of the guests are divers attracted there by the excellent facilities: loads of dive shops, low prices and over 20 places to dive, including a beautiful house reef and, as a highlight, the teeming underwater world of the Pescador Island Marine Park just offshore.

San Francisco Church

by limledi

San Francisco Church is a modest church of wood and tabique built on a meter high foundation of rubble, nipa roof, and a wooden floor in 1886. The convento was similarly constructed. The colonial church underwent many repairs so that the present church is practically of modern construction.

Scuba Diving in Moalboal > Cebu > Philippines

by Thai-Guy

"Travel to Moalboal"

Went to Moalboal for some scuba diving. Didn't know how to get there so I asked the guy at the info counter @ Cebu airport. He offered a car rental, taxi, or taxi to the bus station and a bus to Moalboal. I opted for the taxi to the "South Bus Station". It's about 15 - 20 minutes and I agreed on a flat rate before getting in the cab (bad idea). The guy at the info counter said he could get me there for 375 Peso or about $9 US, and the taxi offered 275 and I figured that would be a good deal. The taxi driver ended up shorting me 100 Peso and it cost me 375 when it was said and done. The taxi guy didn't have change for a 500 Peso bill. He only had 125 as opposed to the 225 I should have rec'd.

On my way back to the airport I took a taxi from the "South Bus Station" to Cebu airport and this time it cost me much less. I think it was in the 150 peso range. Definitely USE the METER.

Back to the travels. From the south bus station to Moalboal is a 2.5 hour bus ride. It cost me 89 Peso or just over $2 US to get down to Moalboal (southwest side of Cebu). My return trip was only 49 Peso or just over $1 US.

The currency exchange was 43.27 Peso to the US Dollar, however, many shops will take US currency but give you 40 Peso to the dollar.

The trick is to get plenty of currency (smaller bills are better as most people don't have change for 500 Peso or larger. The nearest ATM from Moalboal is a 1+ hour bus ride north in the city of Carcar. The bank is just around the corner of the major intersection (and there is only 1 major intersection).

"Diving in Moalboal"

Moalboal is a small village about 2.5 hours by bus from Cebu City. Scuba diving is the main reason Moalboal exists. If not for scuba divers, this village wouldn't have a purpose. In other words, when scuba diving is over for the day, you better have brought some of your own entertainment or you will get bored.

My trip was almost a week long and only a few hours of sunshine. The first couple days were downpours. The remainder of the days had some rain but not long and not too hard. Even though it rained daily, the conditions were still pretty good.

My highlights were a seasnake, a white tip shark, and we saw a huge turtle feasting on an extremely large jellyfish. Something I didn't know.... Turtles love Jellyfis

Moalboal is comprised of a reef that is maybe a couple miles long. Go offshore about 150 - 200 meters and it's only 3-5 meters deep then it drops straight down to 40 - 60 meters. The visibility was superb the first few days and it got a little cloudy by the end of the week. Oh, I might add that there is a whaleshark(s) nearby. Many people saw the whaleshark, however, I was left without a photo (bummer).

Comments