Bangui Hotels

Our Members Say

• joiwatani profile photo joiwatani
  • Reviews: 1820

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pagudpud Resorts: Hotel accommodation is next town of Pagudpud!

If you are heading to the Bangui Windmills, you might as well check out the Pagudpud resorts first before heading to the windmills. Why? There are no hotels in Bangui windmills! When you go there, make sure to go there early so you will still have time to get back to the town and to Pagudpud if you didn't have your own transportation. If you are just taking the bus, or jeep make sure to head down and check in first then head to Bangui. That way, you are already sure that you have a place to stay for the night.

There are many resorts in Pagudpud so make sure to scout around for whatever is affordable for you.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 6, 2010
Tip Photo

• edwink profile photo edwink
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pagtarusan Lodge - Bangui, Ilocos Norte: A nice family-owned Bed & Breakfast/Lodge

After "googling" around, I found the contact/cellular numbers of Pagtarusan Lodge. Rtd. Major Flores responded to my message. After a couple of SMS, my reservation for 1 night was booked.

Intention was to stay 1 night at Bangui, do the tour, then next day go to Pagudpud, do the tour and stay overnight.

While in the bus (in about our 10th hour, yeah, bus takes 12 hours from Manila), I received message from Major Flores, asking about our whereabouts. He even offered to arrange a tricycle that will tour us around Bangui. After 2 hours, we arrived Pagtarusan and we were welcomed by this very nice man wearing a big smile. Major Flores showed us our room, which was pretty decent and clean. He said that we should "feel at home". We were lucky, us we were the only guests at the time. So we have the entire lodge for ourselves. The common bathroom was no biggie because of this. Unfortunately (but fortunate for us!), the cook was out for the weekend, so no food to be served that night. Why say fortunate for us? For my intention was to cook our own dinner/breakfast as I have brought with me my portable camping stove and cookset. They did however charge PhP 80.00 as corkage, which was okay for me.

After our day tour, tired and drained, we went back to the lodge. Major Flores was worried it was about 6PM and restaurants outside closes by that time. I can see his thoughtfulness and I personally appreciate the concern.

During the night, he allowed is to use one of the huts outside. I ordered a couple of beer, which were a little warmer than cold. It would have been nice if the beer were served iced cold, but it was okay, I just needed my booze shot before I sleep.

Next morning, we used the hut to cook our breakfast. The cook came that morning as there were guests who arrived late night before. We cleaned the table we used in the hut after we cooked/ate (it's just a mountaineer practice). We settled our bill, and left.

Major Flores wore still that smile as we left and bid our goodbyes. Such a very good man.

We walked across the street and found a waiting shed, where we waited for a ride to Pagudpud. Luckily, my favorite pink bus "Florida" passed by that morning (9-930AM). We rode to Pagudpud (30 mins away), and did not pay a cent. (will write a separate entry for Florida).

Outstanding wood finishings on the interior. Loved it. The "old-school" photos on the wall added to the theme. Some may say a little creepy to sleep in a "old" house, but to me it was a nice experience. The airconditioning in our room was new, quiet and cold.

The double bed was huge, occupying most of the room. Had small problems moving around with lots of our things lying everywhere, but aside from that, the room was nice.

The common bathroom was clean, though for some big built folks, may find not too spacious. The garden outside was nice, but was too crowdy for me, with trees and plants everywhere. The small fishpond was nice to look at too.

The lodge is few minute walk from the market. I heard it was possible to do your own grocery and ask the cook to prepare your meals (for a corkage fee of course).

Unique place. Very accomodating host. Strategic location. I highly recommended this place.

• Opinion of Price: about average