Province of Ilocos Norte Hotels

• LadyWithShades profile photo LadyWithShades
  • Reviews: 1

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Tiffany: Hotel Tiffany Review

Hotel Tiffany was located in the heart of Laoag City so it was easy to go around the area and it was near the airport. Room rate is okay, very affordable. Room was clean and with cable TV. There was a hot/cold shower, however, the water was too hot. There was a no elevator so it was a big hassle for us since we're location at the 3rd floor.

The concept was retro so, we find it very cool.

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Road Trip, Family Travel
  • Written January 22, 2013

• nixca316 profile photo nixca316
  • Reviews: 277

Fort Ilocandia Resort Hotel: Luxury, history and lots and lots of fun

Fort Ilocandia Resort Hotel is a very luxurious place and yet very, very welcoming. The minute you enter the premises you will feel light and probably giddy.

I took a lot of pictures, but the laptop crashed and I wasn't able to back them up.

Inside the hotel there were people murmuring...Artista yan...(She's an actress!) and some were brave to ask for my autograph. I said, "I'm not _____."

"We know you're not...may we ask for your autograph?"

"You must be mistaken..." then smiled then walked away. Silly me, I forgot to ask who they thought I was. Tsk, tsk!

Anyways, this is a place perfect for honeymoons, family and company outings. You would love going around the place and would have a very unforgettable vacation. :)

Area information :

The preferred airport for Fort Ilocandia Resort Hotel is Laoag (LAO) - 3.3 km / 2.1 mi.

Distances are calculated in a straight line from the property's location to the point of interest or airport and may not reflect actual travel distance.

Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometre.

Food and Beverage :

Fort Ilocandia Resort Hotel has a restaurant on site. Room service is available.

Important information :

Recreational amenities at the resort include an outdoor pool.

24-hour front desk
Air conditioning
Airport transportation (surcharge)
Business center
Check-in time starts at (2 PM)
Check-out time is (noon)
Coffee/tea maker
Free breakfast
Free parking
Hair dryer

Internet access - wireless
Minibar
Number of buildings/towers - (2)
Number of floors - (290)
Refrigerator
Restaurant(s) in hotel
Room service
Swimming pool - outdoor
Television

These are general hotel policies. As they may vary per room type; please also check the room description.

Cancellation policy: You must present a photo ID when checking in. Your credit card is charged at the time you book. Bed type and smoking preferences are not guaranteed.Your reservation is prepaid and is guaranteed for late arrival. The total charge includes all room charges and taxes, as well as fees for access and booking. Any incidental charges such as parking, phone calls, and room service will be handled directly between you and the property.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Food and Dining, Luxury Travel, Family Travel
  • Written July 16, 2012
Tip Photo

• timothy-patrick profile photo timothy-patrick
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rlyn's Homestay: Rlyn's Homestay

beware of Rlyn's homestay. we were treated badly when we were there. You can find many homestays even in Blue Lagoon when you get there though the contact numbers are not available in the internet.tour guide: lee lozano helped us get around ilocandia. very patient and hospitable tour guide.

not accommodating but intimidating

• Related to: Road Trip, Photography, Family Travel
  • Written May 16, 2012

• wabufamy profile photo wabufamy
  • Reviews: 26

TEXICANO HOTEL: Laoag Hotel

Based on the hotel design and the tiles used, the hotel was probably built in the 50's or 60's. One of the advantages is that the rooms and bathrooms are big, but on the other hand, it looks outdated. It has seen better days, I would presume. But, since cleanliness and affordability is our priority, we think the hotel's more than ok. The room we got was their suite which cost us P2,400. It was too big for the 4 of us, and it had a living room area which we never used. It could actually fit in 8-10 persons. Considering the size of the room, the TV (with cable) was only 14". But we had a refrigerator inside the room, and it was perfect for the drinks which we brought for our trip to the other towns. Aircon was working fine and they had a restaurant downstairs.

The hotel is walking distance from all the places you will need to go in the town - church, convenience store, public market, the Sinking Bell Tower and restaurants.
Owners of the hotel also have interesting pets which guests can interact with - an albino phyton, an iguana, and a monkey.
Ample parking area is available to guests.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written April 21, 2012
Tip Photo

• thereese profile photo thereese
  • Reviews: 7

Cathy's Homestay: Cheapest Beachfront hotel in Pagudpud

I've read a lot of blogs regarding Cathy's Homestay.. Never thought that Ate Cathy was a real deal... She's really kind and very accommodating.. Compared with the other beach resorts located in Pagudpud,.. Cathy's homestay is like a home. You'll never have to worry about extra charges.. We booked for 3 rooms good for 19 persons. She gave us extra beds, sheets and pillows to keep us comfortable at no extra cost. You can also bring in drinks with no corkage fee and cook food.. But of course we gave her an extra for helping us and making our stay delightful.

I prefer to stay in Cathy's homestay again because of practical reasons and I'm not really after chic beds and fancy lobbies... They have rooms with 1 queen size and 1 double size bed good for 4-5 pax for only Php 1,000.00 per night.. yes per night not per person/night..

Book your rooms ahead of time and enjoy your stay in Cathy's Homestay! and if you're looking for a van to rent ate Cathy referred Kuya Lee molina. He's our tour guide for 2 days from Vigan-Laoag-Pagudpud..

Cathy's Homestay- 0919-571-6680

Lee Molina Van/Tricycle- 0912-616-4127 or 0929-813-8352

You may:
-cook food
-bring in alcoholic beverages

The cost of their rooms are very affordable.
Beachfront homestay.
Very accomodating staff.
Very clean rooms and restrooms.
1 restroom per room.
1 dining table per room.
1 kitchen/cooking area per room.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written April 15, 2012

Beach front...

• nyxzane profile photo nyxzane
  • Reviews: 4

ATE DOLOR: ACCOMODATION IN PAGUDPUD

If you're not a choosy traveller and is on a tight budget but is very close to nature, then this recommendation is perfect for you. We stayed at Ate Dolor's place (09218525973). We never had hard time locating the place since our tour Guide, Kuya Eddie, is her brother. It just so happened that I contacted the siblings, I never knew they were ralated at first. Anyway, the house or rather the room is located along the main road of Barangay Saud going to the beach. The room is spacious for 2 people. It has its own comfort room and only electric fan. Thank God we have no aircon because it's freezing when it's night. The rate is P 500 per day, a very reasonable price indeed. But most of all, the location was perfect, it was very near the Saud beach, one of the best beaches in town. We stayed in the place for 2 nights, we actually love the place. If you're travelling by group, she also has a house with 4 rooms and own confort rooms on each rooms for only P3,000.

No unique qualities nor facilities. The room was just plain and simple yet very comfortable. You'll feel like a real traveller. We'll deifinitely stay here the next time.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 24, 2009

• cyndymc profile photo cyndymc
  • Reviews: 1536

La Elliana Hotel: Where We Stayed Overnight In Laoag

Since we were included in a tour group in 2008, we didn't have a say in room assignments, but we were lucky to get a room on the 5th floor near the fire exit where we had a good view of the sinking tower of St. William's Cathedral.

I would recommend others to book there, but be sure to inspect the room first to make sure your aircon, TV, shower head & heater are working. Check also if a shower curtain is installed. Our room didn't have one; we had to ask for it, otherwise our tissue paper and towels would have been all wet. If you're a finicky sleeper, inspect the linens and pillows. I didn't like the pillows (too flat; I had to ask for extra) and blanket (actually a sheet).

The hotel's location is good, with a restaurant (La Preciosa) that serves good food just across the street.

Nice view at night if you get a room with window overlooking the city.

• Related to: Study Abroad, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 8, 2008

La Elliana Hotel

• Orange_traveller profile photo Orange_traveller
  • Reviews: 48

Palazzo de Laoag: Palazzo de Laoag

The rooms and bathrooms are very clean which is very important however the rooms are small. If you will be going in and out of the hotel and be spending most of your time outside, then this hotel will serve it's purpose. The staff are very nice and very helpful however, the restaurant service is a bit slow considering that there were not a lot of people around. The food is great so if you are not in a hurry and your pace is leisurely, its good to stay here. It's about 5-8 minutes by car to the cathedral and sinking bell tower and a good 10 minutes to Fort Ilocandia. They have hot water shower, two inviting swimming pools that is well maintained, and they have wifi internet access. The hotel rates are inclusive of breakfast for two and I believe price per night is very good for budget travel. They offer a tour around laoag and neighboring areas such as pagudpud and vigan for about 600 pesos per person (please check rates).

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written May 14, 2008
Tip Photo

• aveon profile photo aveon
  • Reviews: 6

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Fort Ilocandia: Not Exactly 5-Star Accomodations

The ads and websites describe Fort Ilocandia as a five-star and first class hotel. So when I booked my accommodations from Manila, I drove up to Ilocos Norte with high expectations.

As I walked up to the main entrance of Fort Ilocandia, I was glad to see a red-brick facade with lush landscaping. As I entered the lobby, I was struck by the photographs of VIPs hanging in the walls; but after a 12-hour drive from Manila, I just wanted to get my room keys and take a shower. At the reception desk, my reservation was confirmed and I was immediately handed my room keys after completing the usual registration procedures.

I was directed to Hotel Building B which housed my room. In Building B, hotel management was thorough enough to set-up a mini-reception desk to cater to the guest housed in this building.

When I reached my room, I swiped my magnetic key and ... my door wouldn't open. I tried my partner's room key, and also, it wouldn't work. Fortunately, our room was close to the mini-reception. I walked over to seek assistance but then nobody was manning the reception desk. I had to go behind the desk and use their phone to seek help from the front desk.

While waiting for housekeeping to open my room door, I had time to look around the hallway and so I noticed that the ceiling had water marks. Oh no, there goes my high expectations!

When our room door was finally opened, the room smelled stuffy. As I surveyed the room I immediately saw that the hotel was not very particular about cleanliness. The wooden wall lights were dusty. The electric switches were stained with dirt. The cord of the hairdryer in the toilet was very, very dusty. Even the shower curtain was stained. Oh well, at least the bed linens seem fresh.

And before I forget, their television carries mostly local and Chinese channels. Fortunately, it also has CNN and 2 english movie channels.

The room comes with the following amenities:

2 robes, 2 slippers, 2 shoe polishing cloths with shoe polish, 2 toothbrushes, toothpaste, a comb, shampoo, body lotion, and a hairdryer.

Daily, housekeeping provides 2 bottles of distilled water.

The hotel comes with a lot of recreational activities including a casino. The swimming pool was a best-seller when I was there and there is a clean beach just waiting for guests to enjoy. From the hotel we were wondering why the beach was empty. When we arrived at the beach, we then realized why. There were only 2 lounge chairs under a tent but there were no towels available for the use of hotel guests.

The hotel also has all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) which they rent our to their guests. It also has a golf course, a driving range and putting green.

Two tennis courts are located near the parking lot.

• Related to: Casino and Gambling, Historical Travel, Road Trip
  • Written May 3, 2008

• gypsysoul73 profile photo gypsysoul73
  • Reviews: 329

Sitio Remedios: Mi sitio es tu sitio

After seeing my friends’ photos of Sitio, I didn’t even bother checking out other resorts or hotels. I had to stay there. From that first call to the Raymund, the resort manager, until the end of our stay, there I felt from them a palpable desire to please. But never overwhelmingly so.

Sitio Remedios is not your typical resort by the sea. Dr. Joven Cuanang, the resort owner, built an idyllic replica heritage village complete with a Paoay church-inspired chapel and plaza shaded by old tamarind trees at its heart and turn-of-the-century balays (houses) built around it. Though all are constructed using pieces which the Doc collected from abandoned heritage homes, no two balays are the same. There are those made of stone and brick, those made of wood; there are bungalows, there are also two-story houses which can be rented as a whole or per floor; but each one as charming as its neighbor.

We were greeted by Dr. Cuanang himself at the steps of the Iglesia de San Miguel chapel, looking right at home in his element, dressed in white shorts, white tee, flip-flops and a big smile. We gratefully took the peppermint scented cold towels and dalandan juice the staff brought out for us, as we chatted with the Doc. He seemed so carefree and jolly, it was hard to imagine him as a top neurologist and medical director of St. Lukes Medical Center.

He led us to our home on the 2nd floor of the Balay nga Puraw described in the brochure as “A two-storey, two-bedroom structure inspired by the arrival of the Americans, the cement and iron grillwork, finished in a dazzling white, hence the name Puraw (Ilocano for ‘white’). The second floor features a spacious balcony, over-looking the Chapel and Plaza Manzanilla.”. Our room was modestly-furnished with 2 king-sized canopy beds adorned with inabel (local cotton woven from natural fibers) sheets. Because the Doc strongly believes in “reviving the lost art of conversation”, there are no TV’s in any of the rooms, an amenity we did not even miss.

Breakfast in Sitio Remedios was always such a treat. We were each greeted with fragrant verbena from the Hawaiian-shirt clad Dr. Cuanang. He grows them in the premises. The buffet was spread out in the same open-air dining area where you can enjoy your morning coffee and fortify yourself with an Ilocano breakfast as you look out into the open sea. On both mornings, we feasted on delicious Vigan longganisa, daing (fried dried fish), tomato salad, champorado, tropical fruits, pan de sal and soft biscocho, coffee and hot chocolate.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written April 3, 2008

• driftwood_1974 profile photo driftwood_1974
  • Reviews: 11

Triple: Apo Idon

Service--- well since we had the place all to ourselves, the hotel staff were all very accommodating. However, you have to give the instructions in details--like what you really want or how you want it done.

Facilities--- a nice cute pool. quite a small venue for meetings and conferences. ideal only for a group of 15-25 people. Theres little to do on the beach yet. Just snorkling and diving.

Very cozy. Ideal get away from all the noise of urban living.

• Written March 18, 2008

• Yla profile photo Yla
  • Reviews: 193

Terra Rika: Nothing beats a meal by the beach

We only stayed at Terra Rika for a few hours to rest and have lunch before we set off to the next Ilocos destination. However, we felt instant welcome as Charmaine, the front desk officer, readily greeted us from the gate, and narrated a litany of things we can do while we wait for lunch to be prepared. I scouted their facilities, of course.

Unfortunately, lunch was too long to be prepared and not as plentiful as expected.

Terra Rika is located immediately by the gold sand beach of Saud. The beach rooms are clean but somewhat too dimly lighted. They have dive equipment and services, too

• Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written October 3, 2007

main hall

• bochi168 profile photo bochi168
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kapuluan Vista Resort: Ilocos Norte's Best Beach and resort...

My stay in Kapuluan Vista Resort is definitely an experience to remember forever... with it's semi-outdoor pool where in you can relax... its Zen type rooms with all the relaxing areas to cath a breeze and enjoy the beach.

Kapuluan Vista Resort is owned by the couple Mike and Alma. The staff are very friendly. Since this is a small resort, the staff tend to be become more approachable for the guests. The rooms are spacious, they will teach you how to surf, they have pools, and all the basic amenities. The unique thing about being in Kapuluan, it's far from civilization... definitely a place to escape the busy life... seclusion at it's finest.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Surfing
  • Written May 17, 2007

• vincenzooo profile photo vincenzooo
  • Reviews: 15

Fort Ilocandia Resort and Casino: Fort Ilocandia

First of all, we never stayed here. We just toured it since we couldn't afford it. :)

Did you know that Fort Ilocandia was built just to make room for the visitors of the wedding reception of Pres. Marcos' daughter Irene Araneta during the height of the Marcos dictatorship?

Impeccably polished and well-manicured. The hotel has designer boutiques, a golf course, an olympic sized swimming pool, a wide beach, sand dunes, a mini zoo, and an area where you can ride and run horses (son't know what it's called :) ). In short, you could do almost everything you desire in Fort Ilocandia - if you have the budget!

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Luxury Travel, Casino and Gambling
  • Written April 19, 2007
Tip Photo

Just a pic but never as official hotel guests :)

• vincenzooo profile photo vincenzooo
  • Reviews: 15

Pannzian Beach and Mountain Resort: For Campers and Bacpackers

The tents are decent and spacious - without being exceptional. For campers, the resort provides the tent, pillows, and the blankets - though you don't really need blankets at all!

A common bathroom is assigned fr campers, and the joy that one discovers in Pannzian is its laid-back atmospphere which is very suitable for walking tours, picture taking, or just lying lazily on a hammock. Sleep, eat, sleep!

The beach is wide and the gray sand is very fine. The food is also better compared to Polaris. albeit more expensive.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Camping