Evangeline Beach Resort

Burayoc Point, Pagudpud, Philippines

• leahdominguiano's Profile Photo

Affordable and cozy family vacation resort

Guesthouse Location
    I'm very happy to share that this resort is very near Saud Beach, just a few steps away in fact. Although this resort is close to the edge of Saud Beach near Pagudpud Rinnovati, you'll still have a lot of cream sand to play with. But when you want to swim, you'll have to walk towards or in front of Apo Idon Resort since they have the best view/location. Be careful of swimming in Saud Beach as the waves as stronger here than in Palawan or Boracay.

Resort's Restaurant
    The restaurant is right in front of the beach so you'll have a very nice view while dining.
    The food they served were very tasty - genuine local food. And this is the only restaurant with bar and good ambiance within Saud Beach.

Rooms
    We stayed at Villa Ana, a two-storey guesthouse of Evangeline Beach Resort. We booked 2 double bed for my beau and my parents. It's a big room with a big bathroom with tiles. I felt fidgety at first since you'll have to walk up a few steps to reach the bathtub shower as it's elevated. The fact that we were travelling with 2 senior citizens was enough for me to be anxious whenever they use the bathroom. I'm just saying that you need to be cautious not to slip. It has basic facilities of tv with local channels, as what you can expect for most mid-range resorts in the Philippines, fridge, aircon, and provision for daily bottled water and bathroom essentials ie. soap, tissue, toothpaste but no towels. We brought our own towels, and I have my OC personality to thank for that.

Ambiance and Service
    It was a homey experience for all us. The setting was very simple and just like typical guesthouses in the Philippines but not looking cheap. Although we only stayed there for a night, since we still had to visit Laoag and Vigan for our Northern getaway, I can definitely say that the place is well-kept.

As for the service, both the owner Analiza Kuan - whom I've liaised with for our booking, and the staff especially the "manang" (auntie) who maintained the guesthouse were very accommodating and helpful.

Downside
    The only major downside that I've experienced was during the reservation. They require 50% downpayment upon confirmation. And since they do not have online payment facility, I remitted my payment and sent the owner the remittance slip as proof of our downpayment. If you don't mind this, then you can just go ahead and read my summarized evaluation about this resort.

In a nutshell, if you're not looking for a fancy place to stay and just looking for a mid-range resort that allows you to have a good time with your family or friends without worrying about your things or the condition of your bed, Evangeline Beach Resort is a good place to stay in and it's reasonably-priced.

• ybangyadan's Profile Photo

Family friendly

Found this online as I was surfing for a place to stay while vacationing in the vicinity. What attracted me most is the Emoh Ruo cottage of the hotel since it has two bedrooms ( 1 w/ a twin-size bed and the other w/ a bunkbed) and 2 bathrooms (the room w/ the bunkbed has an ensuite bathroom) and a KITCHEN which comes fully furnished. Located on the side of the cottage is a "kubo-kubo" which is a perfect place to lounge around when it is too hot inside (the rooms have air-conditioning but we prefered the cool fresh air). Plus, you can do some grilling outside since they have a little charcoal stove. The surroundings was under renovation when we got there so I am not so sure about the improvement.
    Another room which we got was the Room 1 of the Villa Anna which has 2 twin-size beds and an ensuite tub, a little tv, a small fridge and wooden stylistic bench. Just outside the door of Villa Anna 1 room is the receiving room with a long table w/ c can fit atleast 10 people ( we used this when we had our breakfast). Fronting the receiving room is the swimming pool ( we found it too cold to swim there so no one from our group really took a dip) and there is a bench and a table where you can enjoy a night cap.
    The service was really excellent. Janel, who was the staff assigned to us was just a text away when we needed anything. They always have a ready smile for you. She even recommended a lady who gave me a full body massage while we were there (It costs 500)
    On our second day of stay at Emoh Ruo, the kitchen sink was clogged and the guy ( I am so sorry I forgot his name) readily came to fix it and was so apologetic. He even gave us some directions to Patapat viaduct and the blue lagoon.
    With the kitchen in the cottage, we were able to cook ( my nephew voluntered to be the chef while we were there) what we wanted. The sea was rough when we got there but we were able to go and buy some fresh fish on the sea side (that you cannot do if you do not have your own kitchen).
    One downside was that they gave a a menu to choose from for breakfast but when we asked for it, we were adviced that it is not available. Since all my companions are so used of having rice in the morning, the only thing they wanted was the Filipino breakfast ( not the toast) and what was available was the longanisa, tocino and ham ( beef tapa and boneless bangus were on the Filipino menu but they say it is not available) I gave them the benefit of the doubt that maybe they are out of stock and we will be able to havehave them the next day. But the 2nd day and the 3rd day, it was still not available and it was down to just longanisa and tocino.
    I recommend the Emoh Ruo cottage to those couples who are vacationing with friends or family for atleast you can have a little privacy.

Unique Quality: the Kitchen in the Emoh Ruo cottage. It gives you the liberty to cook what you want and eat as many as you can without thinking how much is the additional serving.

• mauiiperry's Profile Photo

Royal Treatment in Pagudpud? E.B.R.

My friend, sheila discovered a place to stay in Pagudpud by Metrodeal, That is EVANGELINE's BEACH RESORT. We just planned to walk in and luckily we got a slot for a day. We are welcomed and by the staff with a smile on their face, Miss Ana, our official staff assistant. It was a blackout at Ilocos during our first day. We we decided to walk around the area, by the time went back at the hotel, They gave me bowl for my oatmeal, a water thermos for our coffee, cups and coffee for the three of us. Wow what a treatment! then my friend took a bath, and it runs out of water in the bathroom, we ask the staff regarding this matter then the responded on time. three of there staff really went to our room just to check if the supply of water is enough. It was really nice of them. For lunch, we just ordered at their restaurant near the beach, Emorhuo Beach Restobar. The food was exquisite and delightful. We really enjoyed our stay at the restobar, The staff was really nice and very polite. We decided to eat at the room, We just ordered our food and waited for couples of minutes. We are really surprised with there room service. Treatment deluxe, we are not used to be treated like this, (Queens) but we really appreciate there effort. Super Two Thumbs Up. After our lunch we decided to rest and just unwind the room. The room is perfect for the place, the ambiance itself, the construction of each room, the designs, the materials used for aesthetics, the furnitures, PERFECT for the place. The wifi connection is really good, we are about to upload photos of ourselves, checked -ins, and sharing stories with my family. Two thumbs up for a good connection really appreciated with facebook addicts like me and my friends, hehehe! We tried the pool at Villa Anna, it was really nice and relax. The place was perfect for vacation. We need to checked out the next day, We are surprised that they are the who looked for our new place to stay the next day, They also offered to transfer to the other hotel coz we'll be having our tour the whole day. Very kind of them! indeed.

We just stayed at Evangeline for one day, we'd like to extend but unfortunately they are fully booked. But with our stay at Evangeline's Beach Resort is indeed splendid! I definitely going to recommend this hotel. High end and World Class service. Two thumbs up for the staff. You deserve to be rewarded. Continue a high class service. Watch out for my blog post: (mauiiperry.blogspot.com)

Hope to see you soon! :)

We will be back by October! yey!

Unique Quality: Big difference of Evangeline's Beach Resort from the other resort:
    (We've stayed two different hotel with our stay at Pagudpud so here are some of what we noticed)

1. The ambiance, very comfortable and fresh.
    2. Room aesthetics, very unique.
    3. The staff is well mannered and they got the "Royal Treatment" for customers. (Especially,Ana, Knight, Mark, Jason, Miss R and from the restobar Nelly)
    4. Delightful food
    5. Quality service
    6. World class

-Mauii Perry

Directions: it's near Saud white beach.

From Centrong bayan, just take a trike going to Evangeline's for only 50 pesos.

• A great Lovers' or Family Hideaway

Service- Staff are very accomodating, well-mannered and pleasant during our stay. They will listen to your demands, requests and complaints and will TRY to do something about it. When I say TRY, it's because sometimes due to LIMITED resources in the area--they will fail. Though they make up for it in giving you the privacy and courtesy you deserve.

Facilities- The room that we first got was with 2 beds and a bathtub--wow! Sadly the bathtub's drain was broken so you really can't fill it up with water. The showerhead to be used was connected to the heater therefore it was too short to use properly. The floor of the bathroom was always wet due to this. Water from the faucet had a pungent smell that made it impossible for me to brush my teeth with it, I had to use mineral water. Beds and towels smelled clean and room was tidy. No upkeep of the room everyday though I think if you make a request, it would'nt be a problem. No phone or intercoms in the room. Globe signal was good. Wifi was okay inside the room as well.

Restaurant- This is the reason why we would go back. Everything in their menu looks, sounds and tastes like HEAVEN! Love it!

Unique Quality: We stayed at Villa Ana that was worth its price. We had a pool to ourselves and it was always clean. Presentation of the rooms, drinks and food are commendable.

Comments