Our Members Say
- Reviews: 1
City of Springs: Weekend gone awry
Looking at the photos and website, this place seems to fit the ideal weekend getaway resort. However, as soon as we got there, the idea immediately dissipated.
Just for reference, we were a group of 5 adults + 1 4-yo kid. I booked for 2 deluxe bedrooms--1 shared by 2 pax; the other shared by 3 pax+ 1 kid. It was a weekend (Sat-Sun) stay.
- the rooms (deluxe) bigger than that in the website
- the mini-pool inside the room is also a bit bigger than expected (ca.5'x7')
- not strict in bringing in your own food; you can even call for outside fast food deliveries.
- the people at the reception seriously and badly needs an intensive lecture on people-relations and basic courtesy. They don't smile, they are not welcoming and polite when talking to guests (they talk rude of a customer and we heard all these while checking in. they cant even wait to be among themselves to do this!). the other caretakers are nice and accommodating though.
- Deluxe room for 2pax and 4pax are the same--same size, same 2 single beds. The only difference is that they charge P600 more for 4pax. This is ok. What's not OK though is that the P600 difference does NOT cover extra bed/mattress/blanket/pillows. You HAVE to pay extra for these. Granted that it's at a minimal cost, but what was the P600 for?
In short, if you are a group of 4 and want to sleep comfortably, you would have to add ca.P700 more.
- speaking of sleep, we were not able to get any. our rooms were on the first floor and the people occupying the rooms above ours are making a lot of noise. Apparently the ceiling and even the walls are too thin that we can hear the slightest movement from neighboring rooms.
- no reserved parking. first come, first serve. So if there are cars in front of your cottage when you get there, you have to park your car somewhere else.
- lots of mosquitoes!
- the a/c in one of the rooms we rented was not functioning well. even with the a/c turned on, it was still almost as hot inside as it is outside. Upon calling the management's attention, they sent an electric fan. great. (and they charge for extra pillows and blanket??)
- we filled in our own room's mini-pool upon arrival and drained it before sleep (due to mosquitoes alert). The following morning, I turned the valve and no water was coming out. no more indoor swimming for us.
We were not expecting a 5-star resort when we got there. In fact we can even look past the fact that the resort is a bit old and a bit under maintained. But the courtesy and basic provisions should have been there. Unfortunately, even this, they lack.
- Reviews: 163
Makiling Onsen Hotel: Small group hotel
has spa, small pool, we stayed at a room that can accomodate 3 persons, has a Japanese table inside (sit on floor). ideal for small group meeting or outing.
very flexible management, you can bargain for the venue, room and even food deals. they serve shabu shabu at a very affordable price. enough parking space.
- Reviews: 163
City of Springs: Old but well maintained
very good location away from the highway.
laguna lake view, private pools inside your room, accepts wash up (3hours stay), privacy.
- Reviews: 163
88 Spa Resort: Los Banos Best
was looking for a place to stay, i just checked this out, but its too expensive for me. ideal for family travel.
japanese style rooms, luxurious, korean owned, you can bathed in a steaming running water from mt makiling.
- Reviews: 163
Oasis Hotel: Ideal for Company Meetings
stayed for a night and had a meeting here.
you can use splash mountain facilities, swimming pools and basketball court.
- Reviews: 30
Splash Mountain Spring Resort: Splash Mountain the best hot spring in Los Banos
Everytime I arrived in Manila and few days staying with my family, we always drive in Los Banos, Laguna and stayed in this Resort. We really like to stay here because it's really relaxing. And not so far in my home. This Resort is only 45 mins drive from Manila.
We enjoy so much the hot sping pools and plenty of swimming pools. You can have also room with jacuzzi. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is also available in this resorts.
Plenty of swimming pools. Clean and nice surrounding.
- Reviews: 92
City of Springs Resort: An Indoor Pool!
We wanted to go someplace near to celebrate my mom's birthday. It's the middle of the summer, and the roads leading to the south of Manila (Cavite, Laguna and Batangas) will be heavy with traffic.
My mom found this place, and chose this primarily because of its unique facilities: indoor pool. Actually, it's an in-room pool, if you want to be more accurate about it.
The room itself is spartan. The beds are a bit uncomfortable. The TV is too small for the room. The bathroom is clean, but looks a bit worndown. The porch is a nice idea, except that it doesn't really overlook anything but the restaurant.
Food is average--for a resort. On the plus side, it doesn't take them long to have it delivered to your room.
On the plus side, we did get an in-room pool--which is great if you don't want to compete for pool space in a crowded resort. The water, since it's Los Banos, is warm--but at least the room is air-conditioned so it isn't too uncomfortable. The pool is small, about 2.3mx3m and about 4ft deep.
The staff are friendly, too. That's a big plus for me.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Explore the World
- The Grand Mayan Riviera Maya
- Wyndham Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort
- Country Inn And Suites Mont Tremblant
- Sheraton Centro Historico