Puerto Galera Hotels

• BeachHunt profile photo BeachHunt
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Villa de Pico highland Resort: Lovers' Nest in Puerto Galera

I have tried Villa de Pico Highland Resort. Very cheap accommodation. It is private and best place for honeymooners or lovers.

I chose the Suite Air conditioned room but when I saw the Nipa Hut rooms, we tried it too and it feels great. So cold during the evening that we don't even need the fan. Balcony with ocean view is the great view in the morning and the beach is just few steps away. We tried island hopping by sail boat.

For party hunting, we went to Sabang - just almost 10 minutes away from the resort. Nice food and nice party and clubs.

• Related to: Beaches, Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written August 2, 2012

Native Swinging Bed tied in coconut trees

• kemisteryoso profile photo kemisteryoso
  • Reviews: 435

Villa Del Car: Not that Good but Not Bad either

The place is just okay for me for I am a budget traveler. They will reply ASAP when you are conducting inquiry. The place is cheap though not bad at all. The place is quiet for its is 5 minutes away by foot from the beach and bars.

• Written June 14, 2010

• kemisteryoso profile photo kemisteryoso
  • Reviews: 435

Mindorrine Oriental Beach Resort: The hotel type Accommodation at White beach

I think this is the only beach front accommodation at the same time a hotel type. Everything is proximate to the place like bars, souvenir shops, tattoo shops, restos etc.
No pool and the dining area is just common for me but I don't mind.

They have a new building that is quite big with spacious rooms that can accommodate 4 to 6 persons. The new building has a big lobby where you can drink cold beer while enjoying free WIFI.

You can sit and relax to their swinging chair too located on their garden.

Beach front.
Hotel type
Approachable and friendly staff.
Near to everything.

• Written June 10, 2010

The original building

• santeria01 profile photo santeria01
  • Reviews: 74

Mariner's White Beach Resort: Same affordable accommodation in Talipanan

We went there Thursday so no much guests here. We were able to choose and bargain for our accommodation. We had an airconditioned room for Php 1,100/night.

accommodating staff. Must be because BF and I were the only guests they have. heehee

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 21, 2010
Tip Photo

• usisero_ako profile photo usisero_ako
  • Reviews: 7

Standard Aircon Room: Agbing Beach Resort

Definitely recommend this hotel to tourist. Not like your high class hotel though. Room is very spacious and clean. Aircondition, cable tv, and shower works perfectly. And above all, hotel is just a few seconds away from the beach.

Room has 2 queen size beds and an extra matress. They also have rooms with kitchen. You just have to inform them that you need one.

Location is perfect. Just a few steps from the beach. Airconditioned, cable tv, batch room. We were able to get a discount from the owner.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written March 10, 2010

• ezzra profile photo ezzra
  • Reviews: 1

Campbell's Beach Resort, Big Lalaguna Beach, Puert: Give it a miss

Campbell's Beach Resort, Big Lalaguna Beach, Puerto Galera is a place where if you don't mined the surly service the frequent power blackout, for hours at the time, and the long hard walk to get to it, the mediocre and pricey food ( and the yob operator who run the joint, than give it a try,
pay a bit more else where and get a lot more,

admittedly, the place, once you over look the many faults, has a very nice view of the lagoona and the surrounding mountains,

• Related to: Backpacking
  • Written January 27, 2010

• hanspeter_W. profile photo hanspeter_W.
  • Reviews: 1296

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

beautiful beach lodge: coco beach galera

Founded in 1572, Puerto Galera is considered as one of the oldest Spanish settlement in the Philippines and was declared a town and as the capital of Mindoro island in 1574 until 1905 when the seat of the island's government was transferred to Calapan.

With geologists and botanist regarding it a an ideal place to study the eco-structure of plants, animals and micro-organisms in almost undisturbed natural conditions, a Marine Biological Station was set up in 1934 by the University of the Philippines. In 1974, the United Nations Man & Biosphere Program International declared Puerto Galera a nature centre and marine sanctuary.

But long after that, its beaches was discovered and slowly it became a favorite destination for those who love the sun and the sea. At just about 130 kilometers south of Manila, this island paradise is an ideal holiday place for people of all ages.

very nice suite on top

• Written August 24, 2009
Tip Photo

living room of coco beach suite

• santeria01 profile photo santeria01
  • Reviews: 74

Sheryl's Inn: Cheap accommodation in White Beach

There are many inns like that of where we stayed. Simply where you can just drop your bag and go out to beach frolic. May is still summer here though paving the way for rainy season already. I think this might be the best time to go to the beach if you want to get away with the massive crowd.

The place is nice and clean. For Php1, 500 per night for us 3 people (plus one small dog), we got a room with 2 double beds, with T&B and a cable TV. It's also a minute walk to beach front.

• Related to: Backpacking
  • Written May 31, 2009

• CrazyJackMarley profile photo CrazyJackMarley
  • Reviews: 2

Residential Houses: Residential Spaces for rent

Holy week is the peak season. Last year, my sister, her officemate, me and my boyfriend went to Puerto Galera having no plans at all. It is my first time to be there. When we get to the shore of white beach riding a banca, residents are there and they will offer you a room in their house, or a house where you could stay. I suggest to take the residential houses instead because you can save few bucks for food, night life, henna tattoos, jetski's diving and massages. It is always wise that you save few more bucks for few more adventure. The residential houses are at the back of the resorts that you can find along white beach shore. There's a wide range of options, air - conditioned, non - airconditioned houses, you can also cook, and bargain on the owner of the house if you over shopped... --Something you think you can't do with resorts. This is also advisable for bigger set of people. Instead of getting a room for 4 or 2, there are houses available that can occupy a lot of people (that would include extra charges if you exceed the owner's limit, but then again, you can still bargain).

Beds are the same bed that you will find if you choose a resort. When you get to White Beach, you will have too many options. With my experience, I picked the 3 of the cheapest options and compared the facilities. Bathroom is not like a hotel type of a bathroom but it's ok if you're not picky. There are houses for rent with pools, huge houses where you can get to the terrace and have the view of the beach. You can cook, there are helpers you can talk to for help, if you feel like cooking.

• Related to: Beaches, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written March 25, 2009

Beach Front of White Beach on Holy Week

• CrazyJackMarley profile photo CrazyJackMarley
  • Reviews: 2

Residential Houses: Residential Spaces for rent

• Written March 25, 2009

White beach Holy Week night life 08

• hunny_mich profile photo hunny_mich
  • Reviews: 6

Bamboo House Beach Lodge: Galera's Undiscovered Hideout

My hubby and I went in PG last 15-17 November 2008. We chose this place because it is not crowded compare to White Beach. For P600 per night, we got a standard non AC room with a bathroom. No power and H2O interruption since the day we arrived in the place. However, what we didn't like was the road going to this place. It was under construction and very muddy, the reason why the tricycle we rented had a hard time transporting us to the place. We had to pay the driver P200 for his service.

Located in the quiet beach of Talipanan, Puerto Galera, Bamboo House offers the perfect vacation spot for tourists searching for a tranquil and relaxing beach resort. The site lies along one of Philippines' spectacular white sand beaches in the island of Mindoro.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling, Budget Travel
  • Written November 17, 2008

• ems19 profile photo ems19
  • Reviews: 7

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

White beach hotel: Nice place to stay..

Upon arriving at white beach, there are ladies waiting there for tourists and offers accomodatons.. We were really planning to stay at hsl but there are no a/c rooms so we just followed the lady and she assisted us at white beach hotel.The first room she showed us kinda have this icky smell so we've requested for another one. The second room was better. The room rate was 3000 for 2 nights.The 1st room was 2500 for 2 nights. It has 2 beds, a/c, own bathroom. The room was spacious and clean. We also brought our own food and they've cooked it for us. They've charge us about 30 pesos. They are very accomodating.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written August 22, 2008
Tip Photo

kinda small pic but it's the yellow one

• mischaeloise profile photo mischaeloise
  • Reviews: 6

HSL: Affordable rooms Nipa style

I had a quiet and relaxing stay at this resort. It is situated far from the maddening crowd and lines of stores. I can only hear the splashing of waves. It is music to my ears upon waking up in the morning. I even happily breathed cool air from the sea. It really felt like Im on a vacation! It was nice to stay in a Nipa hut room with the simply the luxury of just aircon and tv.

If you are used to staying at hotels, you might be surprised because there are no room service or other facilities. You can always eat out since there are plenty of restaurants around.

I would recommend this if you're on a light budget. Low rates during weekdays.

Great views, beach front, absence of polluted air coming from grilled food or from cigarette smoke.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Singles, Beaches
  • Written June 13, 2008

• GenuinelyCurious profile photo GenuinelyCurious
  • Reviews: 190

Little La Laguna: Finding a place in Puerto can take a little work

For Puerto, a nice compromise is Little La Laguna - a short walk away from Sabang vs the further white beach. You're close enough for night life, restaurants and diving, but it feels like another world.

As Stefano says, there are many, many, many venues and it does pay to bargain. What might make most sense is to have some of you sit with the bags while the others hunt up a place to stay.

And beware the touts on the beach who will offer to 'help' you find a place or carry your bags. You will end up paying their commission, embedded in your room price.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written May 2, 2008

• GenuinelyCurious profile photo GenuinelyCurious
  • Reviews: 190

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tina's Sabang: At the end of the world....

As you take a left from the Sabang arrival pier, there are a series of quieter hotels hugging the coast and up the hill. I spent my first few hours wandering around looking for decent deals for both hotel and dive shops.

While there are few bargains by the water-side, there sure are ripoffs. Watch out for these. I also met up with a traveler who found inexpensive accommodations inland in small La Laguna. Real bargain hunters can probably get away with a 400php room with fan.

I chose Tina's. It was 800 a night - a bit expensive by 3rd world standards - but it had a sea view, was quiet and reasonably close to the heart of town. The service was highly indifferent and we had 3 brownouts in 5 days, but I suppose it was decent enough. Certainly nothing special

Seaside location, quiet, OK onsite restaurant with welcome ice-cold beers.

• Written April 7, 2008