Puerto Galera Hotels

Our Members Say

• princess_amber_doton profile photo princess_amber_doton
  • Reviews: 11

VM Beach resort - white beach, puerto galera: VM Beach nice background

The place we stayed is VM Beach Resort. The place is quite nice and has lots of rooms sadly we can not chose the room since it was peak season and we had to stay in the room located in the third floor but never the less it gave the best picture for sunset and sunshine. The resort has also a restaurant which is a bit expensive compared to other restaurants in the area.

We stayed in a room with 3 beds, aircon, a tv and private T/B but it has no ref (sad) but we got the place for 4500 and since we are 9 people we really ahve no choice and we all want to stay in one room so we got the room anyway and come to think of it 45000/9 =500/ person not bad at all since by the way the resort is also beach front or should i say 1 to 2 minutes away from the beach :)

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written April 9, 2007

• Airalicious profile photo Airalicious
  • Reviews: 5

Super Banana Deluxe: Native Hotels

The house are good for couples who want to look at stars at night. The houses are the highest at hall in the hills - it might take 10-15 minutes to go there from the restaurant and the pool and ocean.The hotel we got is way up hill and its an overlooking view,its very quite at night and the fresh air is great!Inside the hotel is very native and unique,the hotel we got doesnt have an aircon coz its very open and the weather is a little cold coz its near the beach but they have electric fan though that u can use if u feel hot!there are hotels that have aircon too!

The overlooking view of the ocean,the pools and the native hotels up the hill are soo amazing!and the very unique thing is that,if u need anything u want in the hotel or order food in restaurant..u just have to pull the straw tied outside the hotel with lots of cans that would make a noise as a signal to the other house that u need anything and they will come over to take what u order or what u need!

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, School Holidays, Family Travel
  • Written April 1, 2007

super banana deluxe

• icoy profile photo icoy
  • Reviews: 34

Tia Cora's Place: The Backup Room

For around $25 per night, we had a bed that was comfortable for two. I think 4 or 5 people can squeeze in. It had an electric fan and it's own private toilet/bath. It didn't have a sink, though.
May be next time we go to Puerto Galera, I'd still go to Tia Cora's, but only if Summer Connection is full.

The room we rented had a great view of the sea. Being at the beach front, we could see the crowd grow, the light turn on one by one. One hitch: we couldn't see the sunset from the room.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written March 25, 2007

• juiCybeaR profile photo juiCybeaR
  • Reviews: 3

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

CocoBeach: Go Loco at the Coco!

Hassle-free, fun, relaxing...on a whole a very enjoyable stay. We booked for the 3 days 2 nights stay during off peak season last year. The roundtrip transfer from Mla to Cocobeach reduces a lot of stress since you are assured of a comfortable seat in a clean, airconditioned van. This is also great cause you get to meet the other people you'll be encountering in the resort.

Visit their website and you'll see they have a lot of activities in store. Pick out the ones you like and see if you can fit your schedule around the availability of the activities. I wasn't really able to try any of those except for the free boat ride to other beaches.

Our cottage was very nice: comfy and clean. The bathroom was spacious, bright, and clean too (something I'm very picky with). There was also a safe with a padlock where you could put your valuables when going down to the beach or elsewhere. The terrace had a great view of the sea, plus hammock where one can lounge and just relax.

Few downsides:
- no freshwater in the bath
- beachfront is a bit rocky

Visit their website. What you see is what you get. :)

Cocobeach has a unique feature: the service family. Every morning they brought us complimentary bottles of mineral water and fixed our beds after we leave for breakfast. In the everning we would find our bed prepared: the covers smooth, mosquito net tucked into place. Not to mention a flower on our pillow. This was basically what they did for us during our stay because we really didnt ask for much assistance them. But they also offer laundry services and babysitting.

• Related to: Family Travel, Beaches
  • Written March 20, 2007

• cHeLLe28 profile photo cHeLLe28
  • Reviews: 32

OceanaDive: Complete Recreational

I was here last Feb 24-25, 2007. This is very ideal for group outing since the facilities are very well maintained. The food is great, you can be sure that the dishes that will be served are carefully chosen. Although they could still improve some of the dishes taste. But its not that bad since there are about 3 viand of dishes. It is 12km / 20mins away from white beach meaning if you want to experience the night life there you could easily rent a jeep (php 1k) to get you to white beach (round trip) and still enjoy the comfort of the accomodation in Oceana.

Just a tip, If your going to occupy the Beach Front cottages, choose Beach front #2. Its the one displayed in the website. We occupied that room and it was just perfect!

One downer is that the beach area there is a little bit rocky, not very conducive for swimming. But the resort facilities compensates for that. :)

They offer complimentary use of their facilities such as billiards table, table tennis, volleyball court, and two (2) very cool and colorful ocean kayak!

• Written February 27, 2007

• makul8 profile photo makul8
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lan-Sei Water Resort: loved it here!

We were 20 excited people that went to Puerto Galera (thanks to Mylene who recommended this place :>) . The place is beautiful, quite and relaxing. It is not a beach front resort(2-3 mintes walk)but I tell you, Lan-sei has all you need.

We were fetched by their staff and went straight to the hotel.. a welcome drink, a tour of the place. The resort has a pool, billiard table, volleyball area, a BIG Cavana and small hamocks and KARAOKE! They have clean rooms and bathrooms..very pleasant resort staffs...

Food? we opted for the buffet and the food was great.

Service? They TOP this one.. thanks Arvin!!

I have recommended this resort to my friends.. hey! as the resort says.. you'll experience the difference!

Rooms: comfortable, clean and neat. Especially the bathroom!!
Pool: not that big but who cares.. we went there for the beach :)

Being not in the beach-front, you can see the great view of the mountains..

• Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel
  • Written January 17, 2007

This is the place..

• amphitrite30 profile photo amphitrite30
  • Reviews: 10

Lansei Water Resort: Relaxing atmosphere

Service > The no. 1 concern of tourists, the moment we arrived at the beach I texted the receptionist of the resort and she immediately sent someone to pick us up. In nearly 5 minutes we checked-in got a small tour of the resort and when upstairs to our room. They offered us a free breakfast, it was not included in the room rates so this is a plus. Around 11pm their staff gave us a thermos full of hot water for our baby, and we requested only for 2 cups. Excellent service!

Facilities & Amenities > They have a bean shaped pool with jacuzzi, there is also a cabana beside the pool filled with fluff pillows and a couple of native "duyan" for guests who wants to relax.

Location > If you want a quiet resort away from all the action then this place is for you, it will take a 5 minute walk from the beach to reach this resort.

• Related to: Beaches, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written January 6, 2007
Tip Photo

our picture near the resort's sign

• krz2005 profile photo krz2005
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

GRAYWALL RESORT: BEWARE OF GRAYWALL RESORT Puerto Galera

I booked a Fan room w/ ensuite bathroom and hot shower at GRAY WALL
RESORT, Puerto Galera, for the last 3 days of Holy Week. It was not
cheap but ...that was Holy Week. .When I arrived, the room I was offered
was in an other area 5 min. away from the resort. It was not even a
hotel, just a dirty bare room in a residential building, there was no
shower in the bathroom, a fan on the floor, no table, no chair, just a
bed. I refused the room. The manager offered a room in an other resort
(I checked it it was even worst, just closer to the beach). I refused.
The manager got very unfriendly, she said that Graywall was fully booked
there was nothing she could do on White Beach. I was stuck...finding a
hotel on White Beach at the peak of the Holy Week was mission
impossible. Graywall had overbooked, then tried to put me in some dirty
room hoping I would let it go that way. I said I wanted the room I had
booked by mail (and paid a 50% deposit!) After 2 hours at the reception
desk she surprisingly discovered some room at Graywall...that was it or
nothing...it was already late, I was exhausted. It would be for 1 night
only, she said she would find some other room for the next
night...stupid me to believe her, she did not do anything (sorry sir
cannot find....). I tried to find something else myself but there was
really nothing even a bit decent available.
That room at Graywall was terrible : no hot shower, no ensuite bathroom,
only a bath/toilet area in the room itself, separate by a low wall, with
no door, the bathroom was dirty when I checked in, I had to ask everyday
for cleaning and fresh towels. And worth :the room is in some sort of
annex next to the reception, the walls are made of wood only and the
annex is just behind the tricycles'stop. Starting very early morning
until late at night (sometimes even during the middle of the night), the
noises from the tricycle driver'stop were heard inside the room like if
they were actually in the room, talking, laughing, motor noise, horn
noise, etc... Impossible to sleep!

When I checked out, the assistant manager tried to make me paid for the
second daily breakfast, which I refused (double room with breakfast
included means breakfast for 2 included)I also said I would not pay the
complete amount still due for the room: if the room I had booked was not
available and I get a second class room, it is unfair I had to pay for
the full price. The manager got completely out of her mind, aggressive,
threatening me, shouting like crazy! She said she would call the police
: I asked her to do so for my own protection, she was hysterical. Of
: course when the pilce got there, she suddently became all sweet and
: sugar...The policeman could only
say that the bill had to be paid 1st, if I had a problem I should then
complain. I sent them an e mail asking a refund on the room...got no
reply... This hotel is best avoided!

There is a very nice resort on White Beach, that s Marco Vincent
www.marcovincent.com , it s a bit pricey but better pay more than go
thru all the trouble.

In Malate, I recommend the City State Tower hotel, on Mabini Street. It
s about 1400 PHP with breakfast. It s the cheaper hotel in that range.
The bus to Puerto Galera is leaving from there daily. The lobby is 5
star, the standart room 3+ star, well furnished but not huge and no
view. Bigger room with a view are a bit more expensive - still under
2000 PHP anyway.

• Written June 11, 2006

• zippee profile photo zippee
  • Reviews: 79

Room: sa mga bahay kubo

For the few times that we've been to Galera, we did not make an advance reservation even if its peak season. Maybe we are just lucky, but we always find a place to stay. as long that it has the basic necessities such as a private and secured TB, a bed and a secured door, no problem with us. If it has its own kitchen, better.

Most huts in galera are cheaper compared to all the beachfront cottages. You will only need to walk a few minutes but its okay.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written May 4, 2006

• born_lippy profile photo born_lippy
  • Reviews: 18

White Beach Nipa Hut: Puerto Galera Hotel

Great stay with Aircon room, cable tv, private Cr for as low as P2500 can accmodate 6-10pax.

Beach front with own resto, mini grocery

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Backpacking, Family Travel
  • Written May 3, 2006

White Beach 1

• babyg28 profile photo babyg28
  • Reviews: 3

Nautillus Inn: Near white beach

My stay at nautillus inn last april 1-2, 2006 was okay. I recommend it for budget concious travellers that's not into excellent amenities. Their amenities were okay.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 27, 2006
Tip Photo

it's the one over the kubos

• valsace profile photo valsace
  • Reviews: 8

Kalaw Place: Good Place to Relax

This was a good place to chill and relax. Very quiet. Reasonable price. Accessible to Puerto Galera port.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written April 24, 2006

One of the cottages

• amphitrite30 profile photo amphitrite30
  • Reviews: 10

Oceana Beach Resort: Secluded resort in Dulangan

Oceana Resort is a great place to stay if you're looking for a quiet and quality time with your family and friends. The staff are really friendly especially the driver who picked us up from the pier, the manager Jonnet made sure that we have everything we need from kayak boats, snorkeling gears, life vests, to the water dispenser located at the lobby (it's free!). A couple of kayak boats are available for free to everyone but be sure to give others a chance because it is so fun! To soothe your tired muscles you can avail of their massages in the cabana or in your room upon request. At night you can choose either to feast on their delicious buffet with 4 dishes (2 of them are fresh seafood) at the restaurant or lunge by the pool and savor the sky full of stars. Romatic setting, friendly staff, clean amenities, gorgeous view and affordable prices, what more could you ask for? Visit the Oceana Resort website for details.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written April 12, 2006

• 1sa profile photo 1sa
  • Reviews: 22

El Canonero Resort: Beside The Best Italian Food in Puerto Galera

Located at the very end of Talipanan, El Canonero is a beachfront resort that's nice and quiet, far away from the noisier crowd of Puerto Galera. There are both airconditioned and fan rooms, with their own bathrooms. It's quite nice, neat and cozy.

Luka's, a resturant run by Luka, an expat Italian, is right beside. Nothing's better than a huge, delicious, pizza and pasta platter right after a day of swimming!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Backpacking
  • Written April 6, 2006

• orangebliss profile photo orangebliss
  • Reviews: 6

Coco Aroma: BomBom of Galera

the rate is affordable but the rooms are quite small. no aircons and television's to offer but don't worry they do have electric fans.

if you're more of an outdoor type, you may want to try those tents they have. its a little cheaper compared to their rooms, just be sure to take an extra care of your belongings.

from what i know, you can also bring your own tent. just ask the owner for the cost of camping inside their resort.

another thing, they don't have private T/B so you will be sharing one with the other guests.

• Related to: Camping, Budget Travel, Backpacking