Oriental Sabang Hill Resort

MarkLuzi's Profile Photo

Excellent Accomodations for the $$

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 3, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at this place. The rooms, the pool and the bar all had a wonderful and clean look to them. It was quiet and very 'American' in it's over-all construction. You can sit on your patio in the morning with a beautiful view of the ocean and beach. The pool has an overhang in the afternoon to keep you shaded - that was a nice gesture by the resort.

They have the typical higher priced foods from their restaurant but the drinks were priced just right. A bottle of San Mig cost me the standard 75 php bar rate. I was a little disappointed at the food menu that it was a little on the short side but we walked to town and in 10 minutes there are feasting places all over.

It's a bit too European for me and I had to laugh at the number of guys walking around in their speedos. While there are men there simply for the 'happy moments' I found plenty to do and the hotel was very accommodating when it came to their van service.

Unique Quality: I disagree with a couple of the reviews here. The staff was really excellent at Sabang Hill. My daughter dropped her french fries on the ground and they quickly made another batch and never charged me for them without asking. I did have one incident with the guys that brought our baggage up from the beach. One of them stole my daughters Nintendo with her games. She had it in the boat because I saw her with it but when we got to the room it had disappeared from her little backpack.

For only $26 USD a night this place was a bargain and if I didn't want to try other places I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Nearby Oriental Sabang Hill Resort

Oriental Sabang Hill Resort

• Oriental Sabang Hill Hotel Puerto Galera

Address: Sabang Beach, Oriental Mindoro, Puerto Galera, 5203, Philippines

3 Photos of Oriental Sabang Hill Resort

View Professional Photos

Puerto Galera Travel Forum

Need advice about Puerto Galera, Philippines? Visit the Travel Forum for Puerto Galera and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Puerto Galera hotel reviews