Small la laguna Beach, Puerto Galera, 5203, Philippines

Booking.com Agoda.com

• B16BLR's Profile Photo

Puerto Galera's Delights

A small hotel with very good staff. We arrived for 9 days late at night by banca boat but were helped by the night porter straight into our rooms without even checking in.
    Staff were always friendly and helpful. The onsite swimming pool was small but perfectly adequate for the kids in the party.
    Meals here were always tasty and we probably made the mistake of eating out more than we should have as food here was better than most of the restaurants we tried.
    We decided to check out one day early and stay in Manila for a night (because the flight we were getting meant we would have to be up at 4.00 AM) and the hotel never even charged us for the missed night even though we only told them on the last day.
    All in all a very nice place to stay although probably a bit more expensive than most others relatively speaking.

• bishopkenneth's Profile Photo

Beautiful and Friendly Hotel in Big Laguna

I've been here twice, and both times was delightful; the view is stunning, the staff is as friendly as family, the prices are great, the rooms are very nice and the food is the best in town.

Unique Quality: The pool looks out over the sea, and the hammocks are perfect for resting and reading. The staff is so much like family they even invited me to dine with them one night instead of ordering from the menu. GREAT place and GREAT folk.

Directions: A 5 minute walk down the beach from the boat landing in Sabang

• ahoerner's Profile Photo

Nice resort

Another nice resort in Small La Laguna beach, a few meters away from Deep Blue Sea Inn and some diving shops.

More about Puerto Galera

henna tattoohenna tattoo

Photo of White Beach from a higher anglePhoto of White Beach from a higher angle

The GardenThe Garden

Talipanan, Puerto GaleraTalipanan, Puerto Galera

ANY DIVERS AROUND!?!?!?

by kiddoc58

Hi, I'm considering a ten day trip to PI in mid September for diving. I only have OW cert(PADI), and not many dives since being certified two years ago. I was originally thinking of the Visayas, but I really would rather not use my travel time just to get to a more remote locale, (such as Cebu, Bohol or Sipalay, maybe next time), so now I'm thinking of PG which is relatively close to Manila and the airport.

What about PG and the surrounding area? Does anyone have an opinion about diving in the area? I hear that Sabang is good with other spots also nearby.

Any recommendations for diving site, operator/centers, rooms, eats and nightlife would be greatly asppreciated. I'm looking for someplace not too busy. I'm traveling alone and I don't need a 5* resort, clean and cheap would do just fine.

Thanks fellow travellers

by kenstan

PG is ok but not that great I would go either to Cebu area Bohol etc or Palawan there both only a hour flight away.To get to PG you have to take a bus then a hour boat so it really would take longer than just flying to another Island. Look at jen peters web site he has hotels all over the Philippines and you can find places from 500 pesos up depends on what you want also here read the forums on where you are going.I never pay over 20.00US and all I want is a decent bed and a wi-fi conection.

by npamo

Maybe you would like to check out Anilao in Batangas which is about 3 hours by bus from Manila. Please try to google Anilao diving.

by kiddoc58

thanks for the post, I know the other spots are only an hour flight from mnl, but then there is overland travel to consider as well, with most things at least a two to three hour ride by jeeney or bus. that would eat into my time off since you have to double it for round-trip. i will definitely make it to visayas, but prolly' not this time.

by kenstan

Well you have a point but if you really want to go to a nice dive spot go to kota Kinabalu Malatsia its only a 2 hour flight away a lot cheaper than the Philippines and a LOT cleaner.Diving is 20 minutes off shore and they have Mt Kinabalu river rafting hiking it has it all. Tune Hotel 15.00 a night 5 star beds and shower 1 star price in new mall. or beach resort for under a 100.00 After you've been to Malaysia you won't go back to the Philippines

by kemisteryoso

numerous restos are located at Whitebeach as well as nightlife. September is lean season so it is definitely not crowded.

They are 24 dive sites in Puerto Galera you can check the description of each on cocodivers at http://www.cocodivers.com/web/divesites.asp.
But this dive center is located in cocobeach which is not cheap.

I recommend white beach of PG, you can see dive centers there too. Nipahut, a beach front accommodation and with dive center near it offers room at a reasonable price during lean season.

Villa del car is also cheap but it is not beach front around 3 minutes walk.

Travel Tips for Puerto Galera

My Second Bora

by sherleh

The light colored sand is nice to look with the colorful pebbles and the clear waters. If you don't feel like seeing a lot of people but want to stay at White Beach, then you can swim at the left most side of White Beach, coz it is more quiet there. I highly recommend the beachside massage! Actually, I miss the serenity and simplicity of Muelle Port.

White Sand Beach

by strawby

I love Puerto Galera! it's like mini-boracay..white sand, cool wavy waters and very friendly people...it's near Manila so you can always plan of going there quite often..Going there to relax and enjoy the view is just amazing =] We'll ive only been to Puerto once, but i'll definitely recommend this place especially to my fellow Manilenios who's somehow burdened with the fast life of the city..Puerto Galera is definitely worth the trip :)

beaches

by liepert

there's no airline going to puerto galera... you have to travel either from the sea or by land,,, you have to reach first batangas then you can reach puerto galera,,, when you need help just text me or give me a call,, 09194499143,,,

Bottled water and Cash!

by sherleh

Ziplocs and extra plastic bags for wet clothing (or for barfing on the boat) aqua shoes... sunglasses... caps or hats anti-dizzy meds for seasickness, pack sachets of shampoo, comditioner, moisturizer/lotion insect repellent, facial wash or feminine wash instead of bringing bottles so that your bag won't be too heavy and you can just throw it away before checking out of the hotel/inn. battery charger! Some porters at the Batangas Pier will advise you to buy bottled water before boarding the ferry coz it's more expensive at Puerto Galera. Check with your inn/hotel/apartelle if they provide towels and toiletries so you can pack less and make room for pasalubongs. There's an Allied Bank branch with ATM only at Muelle until 8 pm only.

Diving

by Levente_D

Puerto Galera is offering some of the best diving spots arround the world and therefore is not a surprise that there are more diving shops than restaurants!
I made my diving license here and I don't regret it. You can have course in English, German, Swedish, Danish, Japaneese, Korean and other languages ... most of the PADI dive schools are Gold Palm rated ... and the underwater life is outstanding! You can rent everithing there

Comments