Sunset at Aninuan Beach Resort

Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 reviews

Tags

Diving and Snorkeling Beaches Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities

WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM OWNER HERSELF!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 4, 2012

A friend and I went to Malasimbo festival and had dinner at Aninuan where we were booked . We arrived around 7pm but decided to have dinner before leaving for the event. We invited friends to meet up with us so we can go together to the event after our meal. We were having pizza and a couple of drinks by the bar when our friends showed up and asked to ordered drinks (fruit shakes). The bar tender said that non-guest are not allowed to order food or any beverage.... that alone I find very weird! Iv been all over the world and stayed in way better resorts and this is the only place with a policy like this! But fine, I respect each and every establishment's policies and as hard for me to understand why , I had respected that.
But that’s not all, after our friends waited for us to finish our dinner, we went to our room which was one of the bigger rooms in the resort which we paid about Php 12,000/ night. When inside the room, the guard said that our guest are not allowed in the room to wait! I politely asked the guards why since we were just going to dress up and we couldnt expect our friends to wait outside for us. The guard said it was management policy... again fine! weird as it is again, I respected that! So my friends just left.... I felt quite embarrased!

BUT THAT’S NOT ALL, THIS IS THE WORSE PART..... THE OWNER HERSELF came up to me and said " I cant take this!, I will gladly refund you money, I don’t need you money... if you can’t abide....than you can leave my resort... I can’t take this".... I wanted to speak nicely but she just stormed and walked away after her quick out pour of "anger"

WHAT resort does this? Worse WHO OWNER does this! treating her clients like this! I went to have great time with friends for the music festival and this is how it started! apparently, Iv heard same stories of similar nature.

SO my advice.... ASK before you book you next hotel! They might not allow your guest to set foot. Sadly , I thought the Philippines was known for the best customer service in the world! On a lighter note, their was this bar tender who was really great and "apologized".....But still...SUNSET at ANINUAN!! I AM SO DISAPPOINTED . and I heard its not only me but alot of friends in the past!
To the management especially the owner. Im am sorry to say that how you treated us was the WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever experienced!

Mad as i am, Im hoping management will take this constructively!

Stayed March 2012

jumhie's Profile Photo

Best in Aninuan Beach =)

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 1, 2011

I already made a review of SSAA on another site, and I'm making another one here.

SSAA is without a doubt the best resort there is in Aninuan Beach.

If you are looking for peace and serenity, you should go here.

If you are more of the party type, you could still stay here and party at White Beach which is adjacent to Aninuan Beach. You could risk trailing the rocky shoreline separating the two beaches or take a tricycle ride for 100 PHP (as of time of writing).

I would definitely recommend this place to any group (family, couple, friends, etc) who wants to have a pleasant stay in Puerto Galera.

Kindy take note of the sunset as well - it's mesmerizing. That's where they got the name I think. =)

Unique Quality: For me, below are the only things I look forward to having a great stay with any accommodation:

1. Staffs - Lez is a good manager. He let us stay on a Maundy Thursday night on such a very short notice. Lex (the owner) is stunning. She's the sun of the resort - vibrant, accommodating, and extremely friendly. =); Their staffs are accommodating as well, minus the stiffness I think, they are all good to us during our stay. =)

2. Room - prior to booking, Lez already sent me the photos of the room. It wasn't that great, but it's not bad as well. When we got to see it for real, nothing special to take note except the native design and comfy bed. Yes, as long as the bed is comfy and there is enough water pressure in the shower I'm fine already. The lights could be improved as I feel it's a bit dark even during day time.

3. Food - we weren't able to try any heavy meal with them so nothing much to comment here. The price can be considered expensive when I saw the menu but you actually pay not just for the food but the exclusivity of the place (the location really matters a lot. =P)

Well the place is indeed great, there's a lot of activities you could do from table tennis to kayak to scuba diving. We really enjoyed scuba as it's our first time to try it.. it's memorable.
The view is stunning, the water gets clearer as it gets deeper, etc.

Will definitely go back here given the opportunity. Kudos to Lez, Lex and Co.!

Sunset at Aninuan Beach Resort

• Shuttle Service
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Puerto Galera Travel Forum

Need advice about Puerto Galera, Philippines? Visit the Travel Forum for Puerto Galera and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Puerto Galera hotel reviews