Tamaraw Beach Resort

Aninuan Beach, Puerto Galera, Philippines

• Beautiful Resort with worst Customer Service

me and my friends stayed in this hotel just this weekend September 23 to 25, 2011 and I've had the most terrible experience of Customer Service! We arrive at the Batangas Port at around 8am and i texted Tamaraw that we are already at the Batangas Port so they could estimate around what time they should be fetching us at Muelle Port instead they replied saying that i'll text them when we arrive at the Muelle Port. i thought that they would just be very near the port with their statement so i texted them as soon as we arrive at Muelle Port. We got off the ferry after around 10mins since there are other passengers who are also getting off the ferry but there is still no service from Tamaraw. Within 45mins at the Muelle Port, i had texted them several times following up our shuttle service but they just kept on saying it already left earlier and we should just wait!Come to think of it, the travel time from Batangas Port is around an hour and if they had their driver fetch us the moment i texted them when we are at the Batangas Port then he should just arrive in time to fetch us!!!After 48years and so the shuttle service had arrived but me and my friends are already so "badtrip" but when we arrive at Tamaraw we were honestly amazed by its beauty so we let bygones be bygones and look forward to enjoying our stay. The room are nice & clean, the resort is beautiful. But I had my most TERRIBLE customer service experience when I approach the front desk to discuss our departure on Sunday. I asked them whats the earliest time we could have our breakfast since we are scheduled to join the White Beach 8am trip returning to Batangas Port. There are 3 people in the front desk, a girl who looks like the receptionist as we often see her there, the quite old chinese lady who looks like the owner and a seemingly gay guy whom i dont know if he's just a staff or one of the owner. The girl replied that the earliest time we could have breakfast is 7am but the shuttle service starts at 8am. I asked them if they could have special arrangement even for just 15mins earlier 8am since we badly need to be at the White Beach at 8am and so the rudeness of the seemingly gay guy started!!! He replied to my very calm request boasting that they really start the shuttle service by 8am. He also said that since we would not make it they would just send us to Muelle Port so we could catch the ferry there. I said that I had confirmed our tickets at the White Beach and not in Muelle Port and i am unsure if the shipping lines will accomodate our tickets which clearly states White Beach. But the rude seemingly gay guy sarcastically replied to me - "Okay, cge sa White Beach namen kau ihahatid, ndi naman ako taga-dito eh, ndi ko naman alam db?"...He was outrageously beyond courteousness!!!!he could have explained in details what he knows and we could have just called FSL to confirm if we could just be at the Muelle Port. He was the most rude reception person I had ever met in my entire traveling years! I suggest that if you guys wants to visit the resort, then be ready to wait long hours for the shuttle service and for the rudeness of this guy!

• greg20aug's Profile Photo

Don't go there now.

I lived in the Tamaraw Beach Resort hotel for 11 months to July 2010 and times prior to that.

In that time I noticed a steep decline in service and standards. The uniformed night security staff were replaced by casually dressed local village boys who also worked as cleaners during the day. Many times I found them asleep. The off duty staff used to party with alcohol in the hotel grounds and most of them live-in.

The hotel is building a large 3 floor conference centre which is adjoining the hotel. The owners told me they had run out of money due to their bank stopping more loans due to the world wide recession so in desperation every peso being made by the hotel was being spent on the conference centre to the detriment of the hotel!

2 metres from the hotel room windows on the other side is a 4 floor extension being built by the neighbouring hotel so the noise is a constant nuisance from both sides. The new buildings also closes off the beach from the road leaving only one narrow path for locals to use.

A now disused bar next to the guest rest area is used by the local beach vendors to rest, eat and make name bracelets etcetera. They use it continuously as there are very few foreign guests in the area. They also play cards for money.

Vendors are a general nuisance at the best of times but to have them continuously there makes guests holidays quite miserable. They are very persistent!

If you have family or friends with you they allow all of them to have credit from the hotel shop and the first you know about it is when they give you your bill at the end of your stay. They do not keep detailed records or collect a signature from the purchaser. This is even more strange the fact that everyone must sign and give room numbers in the restaurant. I had many conversations with other guests who bitterly resent this practice. After lots of complaints they still do it!!

Medel, the general manager is rarely there. He spends most of his time as site manager of the new conference centre and goes away for days at a time to purchase building supplies. When he's there his time is taken up meeting suppliers, site foremen and checking on progress of his new venture.

I'm so disappointed. This used to be my favourite hotel in the Philippines. Not any-more . It's so sad to see a great hotel go bad.

NB I have lost the disc of all my pictures so if anyone has some of the two offending building sites I would be grateful if they email them to me so I can post them here.

• lahoree's Profile Photo

Resort in an isolated location

This resort is located right after "White Beach", still quiet place. It offers variety of accommodations from fan rooms to cottages. We selected an aircon room with two queen sized beds, TV, refrigerator, dining table for four and a kitchen within room with necessary utensils. For all of these facilities we paid PHP 1,800 per night... reasonable. Our stay was comfortable, staff was cooperative. Overall excellent service. Love to go there again....

• Quiet and Relaxing Tamaraw

If you are looking to hang out at White Beach but without the noise and crowd..definitely check out Tamaraw beach Resort.
    We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. 9 adults plus 2 kids. Rented 3 beach front cottages, all for $160 bucks a night (6400php). All 3 cottages have dual beds, hot water and air conditioned.
    The resort was clean and relaxing. They have a restaurant which serves good food for a reasonable price. a Group of 9 plus 2 costs me an average of 1100php per meal..still cheap.
    Tamaraw and white beach is separated by rocks and boulders that if you dare walking it, could be a challenge. If not you can get back and forth by way of Tricycle.
    the only negative is a few choices of restaurant---there actually only 2 nearby. 1 at tamaraw and another an Italian restaurant. Other than that either: A) rent their apartment type accomodation which comes with a kitchen or B) grab a tricycle and go to the nearest town and get food

Unique Quality: I will definitely go back to Tamaraw for it's clean, quiet and relaxing features. Why else do we go to these places any way by doing just that---for a cheap price.

• ahoerner's Profile Photo

Resort at Aninuan Beach

Another good surprise while discovering Aninuan Beach was Tamaraw Resort, a calm place "on the beach".

A few bungallows are just a few meters away from the sea, turning it into a fantastic option if you want calm days of sun and rest in a virtually empty beach...

Comments