Sipalay Hotels

Our Members Say

• buenababe profile photo buenababe
  • Reviews: 89

Fiesta Cove: Langub's Newest

One of my friends know the owner of Fiesta Cove so we decided to stay there over night. Their building is the newest among the resorts in Langub yet at the farthest end of the row of resorts. The room is very nice, comfortable bed with a balcony overlooking the beach. They also have kitchen with tables and chairs for eating on the 1st floor of the building. It's more like a mini-home than a hotel. I highly recommend it to those who want a more quiet place to stay in the island.

More privacy. You can have the whole building on you're on if no one books the 3 other rooms. ;) New building, nice room, good care taker who will look after you or even cook for you for a minimum pay.

• Related to: Beaches, Sailing and Boating, Photography
  • Written July 27, 2011

fiesta cove building

• clarice_ldr profile photo clarice_ldr
  • Reviews: 38

Langub Pension House: Cheap & Convenient

The room's airconditioning unit was a bit small for our room that it takes time to cool the whole room so we haven't turned off the unit for 2 whole days even when we were out the whole day.

The staff were so friendly & accommodating that they go out of their way to help you.

AC Room for 2: P750

It's near the market, eateries, church...

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Road Trip, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written June 1, 2010

• clarice_ldr profile photo clarice_ldr
  • Reviews: 38

Takatuka Lodge: Outrageously Creative Rooms

After visiting their website (http://www.takatuka-lodge.com/) & seeing their rooms we've decided to stay here for at least 1 night and were rewarded with the cave room which was sooo cool! Actually the coolest room we've had in so many travels - way cooler than our favorite Ponce Suites of Davao City & Kapuluan Vista Resort of Pagudpud. It was more like the "gong house" made by Kublai Millan in Kapatagan, Davao which was featured by Korina Sanchez in 2006.

I was just a little upset with the miscommunication with the owner's wife & manager, Rose, and her staff, Maricel. I made reservations with a staff named Arlene through text, i was asking whether they have "a room 4 2 4 2nyt" & they have reserved the cave room for us for 4 nights. They've read my text message reservation as "room 4 2-4 nights". Is it the same? (Lesson for me, not too short-cut when texting)

When i was checking out, Arlene was off-duty & Rose & Maricel were the ones who entertained me & without investigating first, both their voices went up a notch higher when i asked for our total bill. They told me that they gave up the cave room for guests who'll be staying for 5 nights, gave them a room for lower rates, etc., etc. because the cave room was reserved for us for 4 nights, and even if we'd stay for 2 nights they'll still incur a 3-night loss. Duh! Even if the message was 2-4 nights, why didn't anyone bother asking us how long would we be staying there. It may be 2 nights only, so why reserve all the 4 nights?

I tried to calmly explain that from the start i already knew that my vacation was just for 3 nights & before we set out i've already resolved to stay at Langub Pension on the last night (3rd night) so as to catch the early bus to Bacolod, thus it was quite impossible that i've reserved the room for more than 2 nights. After a few minutes of repeating about their loss & insisting that we have reserved for 2-4 nights, i asked Rose & Maricel if we could check the email & text message i sent, so Rose went to check the email (which she claimed she was the one who read & replied) & Maricel found my text message. After a while, Rose went out & calmly said, "OK na lang, ma'am" as if it was all my fault & i was just forgiven! Maricel, on the other hand, had not recovered as easily from her disappointment & kept frowning & kept being rude (nagdadabog).

But all is well that ends well that when we finally endorsed the key to Rose, she humbly apologized for the miscommunication & Maricel finally smiled sincerely.

Now the question is, am I going back to stay there given the opportunity? My answer is YES, i won't let that little fuss ruin an opportunity to stay in a unique & nice room.

Lessons learned are to make sure the reservations are clear to both parties and stay cool always.

Each room has unique design & character that you'll surely enjoy. We loved the cave so much!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling, Photography
  • Written June 1, 2010

• travelnguy profile photo travelnguy
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Robinson Cruse Resort: Siplay's Most Peaceful Resort

My wife, 6-month old son, and myself just got back from an incredible 2 week vacation at Robinson Cruse Resort in Sipalay. The people, the house, and the food were great. It’s not always easy traveling with a young child, but the resort staff went out of their way to help. They would volunteer to hold him while we had our meals. They would take care of him while we walked along the beach. When we ran out of diapers, they drove us to the grocery store to buy more.

The resort is not the kind of place where you are going to party every night. It is quite the opposite. It’s the kind of place that you go to relax. The resort and the people staying at the resort were so quiet that our son was able to take daily naps on the beach just a few steps from the restaurant.

The resort is also situated on the best stretch of beach. They seem to clean and rake the beach every day. The other 2 or 3 hotels we saw all had large rocks and corals on their part of the beach. The water during high tide is crystal clear and is perfect for kids. You really can snorkel from the beach. We saw numerous types of fish, live corals, and a ton of giant starfish. We were told that the better snorkeling was just a 10 minute boat ride away, but that wasn’t an option for us.

The owner of the resort is a great guy. He will happily talk all day or leave you at peace. He has lived there for a while and is related to just about everyone at the hotel through his wife. He personally arranged for a hotel for us to stay at in Bacolod prior to flying back to Cebu. His driver even offered to take us shopping on the way to Bacolod for no extra charge.
The owner and his wife surprised us one morning with a special anniversary breakfast. They had a beautiful table set up on the beach with fresh orchids and all the food we could eat. The same was done that evening for our dinner.

We stayed in the family house. It has a veranda outside with a sofa and a chair. On the first floor, there is a nice sitting room and eating area. Upstairs, there are two bedrooms, each with air-conditioning. The rooms were cleaned every day and the linens were changed every other day. They even gave us a microwave to sterilize bottles and an icebox to store our son’s milk.

I would highly recommend this hotel. We will be back next year and perhaps will stay the entire month.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written March 1, 2010

• Moira126 profile photo Moira126
  • Reviews: 9

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Nataasan Beach Resort: Breathtaking views!

We went to this resort in July, 2009 in the middle of the rainy season. This would not be the best time to go here, but my family and I still had a nice, peaceful time. We were looking for a laid-back, relaxing experience in a beautiful setting - away from the noise and distractions of technology and that's exactly what we got.

The resort was located high on a cliff and there were cottages connected by wooden walkways that was rustic and beautiful. This setting gave us breathtaking views of the beach and we also liked how we did not need a boat to get to this place. The cottage had two double beds and a clean bathroom. The best part of the cottages were the balconies with the most beautiful views of the beach. There was no tv or internet in the rooms (just the way we like it), but there was tv in the main building/restaurant when we wanted to catch the news and so forth.

To get to the beach, we had to go down long flights of wooden stairs that was quite an adventure for the kids but was not recommended for the older people who are afraid of heights. The beach itself was as good as would be expected during the rainy season. There were seaweeds and some rocks so it might not be recommended to completely go barefoot, but the water was warm and we had a nice time playing on the beach. We only spent the weekend, though, and off season so no diving, etc. But it was a nice weekend escape.

I would definitely stay in this place again.

Wonderful views from your balcony!

• Related to: Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling, Family Travel
  • Written February 17, 2010

A day after the rain...

• tidzy profile photo tidzy
  • Reviews: 128

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sipalay Suites: Not What I Expected

Sipalay Suites is a newly-renovated pension house, formerly called Jamont Pension. In many ways, our stay was disappointing.

But before I go into detail about the negative things, let me first tell you about the winning aspects of Sipalay Suites. Their receptionist, Roxanne, was very helpful and accommodating. They have spacious, fully air-conditioned rooms with hot and cold shower, refrigerator and TV. They have a grocery below the hotel that sells a wide selection of imported and local goods. The location of the hotel makes it easier to get around Sipalay(as it is in the city proper) and is a stone's throw away from the baywalk, Poblacion Beach.

Now, one of the problems during our stay was that there was a barrio fiesta(barangay festival) held near the hotel..and their rooms weren't soundproof. It didn't help that we requested a room transfer the next day..somehow, the level of noise coming from the fiesta only got worse. We couldn't sleep all that well. Their food wasn't good either. They didn't have hot sauce for the pizza, their beefsteak was also too sweet. The breakfast I ordered wasn't appetizing at all. It consisted of rice(I ordered it with bread), dry ham and scrambled eggs that I had wanted plain but they put in carrots, onions and tomatoes.

The other services that they offered weren't available in a couple of ways. Their jet ski was out of order and their sea scooter didn't have rates yet. They also had a glass-bottom boat..only the rent was way too expensive(P2000.00 per hour).

I wouldn't want to be there again.

The hotel has a great view only if you stay at the executive suite. I like its location, very easy to get around town. Their facilities would also be nice if only they weren't out of order or too expensive. I'm just glad they have WiFi.

• Written April 18, 2008

Sipalay Suites

• syokolyte profile photo syokolyte
  • Reviews: 3

Easy Diving: Home away from Home

Well, this Dive Resort is the best one in the area. It is owned by a a Swiss national (Chris) and his Filipina wife. The place is nice and relaxing. The staff are very warm and friendly. They always have smiles on their faces and they really see to it that you have a comfortable stay and that if you need something as much as possible they'll accomodate you with it.

They have a sumptuous varities of international cuisine but if you want Filipino style they also have it. I really like their seafood there. Well, the rooms are ok. It has a veranda with a nice view of the ocean. The place is not that expensive so it's worth your money.

• Written September 19, 2007

Ocean View from the room

• eversure profile photo eversure
  • Reviews: 98

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Easy Diving Resort: Expert diving instructors

We did not come here to dive but rather as the destination and a pit stop for our motorcycle trip. But looking at their gears, dive maps and their set-up, i would have to say that this is the best resort that has given me confidence to even consider trying out diving. I have seen other dive resorts but if I were to try my first actual dive, it would be here.

The rooms are ordinary and clean. The foliage doesn't match the resort and the food is not Philippine style.

The beach is gradually sloping and the waters very calm and clear. The closest dive spot is just a few hundred meters from the shore.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written April 22, 2007
Tip Photo

• angellopez profile photo angellopez
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cottages: Artistic Diving Resort

There is nothing ARTISTIC about the place. The rooms are very basic and not good value. This is definetely the place to AVOID in Sipalay. All other beach resorts in the area are much better, specially Nataasan Beach Resort and Easy Diving Resort.

Food is also terrible and expensive, although staff are friendly.

• Written March 30, 2007

• eversure profile photo eversure
  • Reviews: 98

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

punta bulata: nice resort

The rooms and bathroom are bare but clean. Hot water. no tv. the pavilion is airy and food is simple but good.
The beach is white although not powdery, a bit rocky.

• Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written March 18, 2007

early morning

• syllybabe profile photo syllybabe
  • Reviews: 779

Nataasan Beach Resort: Peace, Quiet, and the Best View of Punta Ballo

If you want excellent Belgian waffles, clean, fresh smelling sheets and a pretty purple bathroom for the weekend, I wouldn't recommend any other place than Nataasan.
From the moment you arrive you're made to feel right at home by Joel (he's belgian) and his wife Marchell, together with Joel's parents (his mother makes the homemade bread and the waffles).
We're lucky to have found them just before the droves of tourists come to invade this beautiful little resort.

Beautiful view, good food, and the pool will be built sometime soon.

• Related to: Eco-Tourism, Beaches, Family Travel