Kidapawan Hotels

• wratliff2802 profile photo wratliff2802
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Grand Shine Hotel: Kidapawan's Best Hotel Value

My experiences at the Grand Shine Hotel were the best I have had. I was there during Christmas of 2011. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well stocked with towels, soap and amenities. The hotel staff, I cannot say enough about them. They were the best. All of them were students from the University, studying Hotel Management, so they were very attentive to the guests. The hotel grounds were very well groomed. I even had the pleasure to meet the owner's, Gil and Rosenie Garcia. They were the most friendly couple. Christmas eve, the hotel had a Christmas party for the staff. Gil called me and invited my wife and I to attend the party with them. We all had a great time. Great food and wonderful company. Being an American, I was happy to see that all of the electrical plugs worked for my computer equipment, without the use of adapters. The hotel is located on Laurel Street which is only a 8 peso tri-cycle ride to anywhere in Kidapawan City. When I return to Kidapawan City, very soon, I will be sure and stay there again.

Grand Shine Hotel is great for visiting relatives. Meaning that, the rooms were spectacular and the restaurant on site was fabulous. Rooms with a view, not what I was there for. If I wanted a view I went up to Mount Apo. I wanted a Hotel with great rooms and great food. This one hit a home run on both counts. I would give this hotel a 5 star rating.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: School Holidays, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written April 27, 2013

• jojiecerteza profile photo jojiecerteza
  • Reviews: 6

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Grand Ficus: Resort and Restaurant

Grand Ficus is in Lanao, Kidapawan—walking distance from the bus terminal if you are commuting.

This a resort where everything you might need is there. If you are here in Kidapawan for a little r&r and not want to go out - this is the place to be. The resort has got some nice surroundings that you can just sit there all day. No buzzing of cars and what not.

I would recommend this place to anybody going to Kidapawan City. I couldn't say much about the restaurant though. It's a bit pricey to my liking. We can get something similar in surrounding restaurants a lot more cheaper than what they offer here.

nice landscape, quiet area, pools, friendly staff

• Opinion of Price: about average

• Glende profile photo Glende
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Survive Lodge: Rooms in Central Kidapawan

There are about 6 ground floor rooms arranged along a yard. Good size room, some double bedded or 2 single. seating area near the door, bed area then dressing room space next to the shower. Cost was only 400 pesos a night in 2008. TV Friendly. Sunday and Wednesday markets just nearby. I met Owner Mr Jesus D. Momo, Sr. who runs Survive Marketing a pharmacy and supermarket on the main highway, and a rural restaurant just north of town.

There is only basic hotel service from the gate house, You can hang your washing in the garden.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive