Coron Hotels

Our Members Say

• KookieDough profile photo KookieDough
  • Reviews: 126

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Club Paradise: Your Private Eden, Really!

I was very fortunate to be able to experience Club Paradise almost absolutely free as a friend gifted me with a complimentary accommodation here. I only had to pay for boat rental and meals. But still, my review here is as honest as I can be and is not a result of bribery :)

Service here is superb. Staff are trained well to make you feel at home and relaxed. Conversing with them was really effortless.

My husband, who was still my boyfriend back then, was with me. We rented a boat and went fishing. The boat rental was quite expensive (about 35-40USD), although it was a nice, big boat and the staff who went with us were really helpful. It was not the greatest season for fishing, so we were able to catch just a single, small fish. Poor fellow! We had it cooked at the resort and ate it for lunch. Supposed to be there was a cooking fee, but we weren't charged anymore. I guess they pitied us for bringing back a tiny fish for a four-hour effort.

This is a great destination particularly if you want total relaxation and, of course, for a romantic hideaway.

The beauty of the island is a given. But what makes it special is that Club Paradise occupies the whole island. This gives the ultimate privacy to guests. Unlike other commercial resorts, here you don't have to wrestle with a whole lot of other guests just to enjoy part of the beach.

The staff were efficient and friendly. Really counts for a stress-free vacation.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written August 16, 2006

• moonlighting profile photo moonlighting
  • Reviews: 87

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Discovery Divers: Totally Laid Back

A resort in a secluded island but not very far from Coron town. A diver's paradise. Cottage type houses. The whole of the resort house not more than 30 people which makes it more special. Cottages are seperated from each other. The area is rich and lush green. Bathroom is okay. Food great also. There is Eve, a friendly snake.

Kayaks are available.
Prices are affordable, especially if you book in bigger group.
No Television.
Lots of dive magazines.

The view is perfect! And unexpectedly, there are hardly mosquitoes around.

Owner is Gunter. Very kind person. Pioneer is Coron scuba diving, discoverer of a beautiful divesite, Gunter's Cathedral.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Kayaking, Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written March 30, 2006
Tip Photo

Dock -entrance to the resort

• thomyorke profile photo thomyorke
  • Reviews: 66

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cottage with a nice view: Discovery Dive Resort

We had a nice stay in Discovery. Our room (no.6) has a nice view for PhP1,000pesos a night.

+ Only 10 mins away from the town.

+ There's an available small boat which will take you to and from the resort anytime for a minimal fee.

+ Near snorkeling areas.