Lucap Hotels

Our Members Say

• Cila812 profile photo Cila812
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Maxine by the Sea Reastaurant & Hotel: Lucap's Best Ocean View Restaurant & Hotel

If you are looking for a hotel and restaurant with the #1 view of the Hundred Islands, I highly recommend Maxine by the Sea. The restaurant is decorated with hand crafted bamboo, and accentuated with native palms and flowers. A portion of the restuarant extends out into the ocean, so that you can enjoy your meal with the view of the Hundred Island and a fresh cool ocean breeze. For more romantic dining, there is a moon lit deck, lit by of course the moon, a row of tiki lamps, and candles at each table.

The food is exquisite. I have never tasted seafood so fresh. The owner buys fresh fish, crab, lobster, shrimp, prawns (you name it!) EVERY MORNING! All the dishes are reasonably priced for all types of travellers. Whether you're on a budget or have lots of money to spend, Maxine by the Sea will accomodate YOU! On top of that, the service is exceptional. My friends and family were greeted as soon as we walked into the restaurant. We were seated immediately, and tended to with the utmost attention.

I don't mean to sound like a sales person, but I'm from California, U.S.A. and when I visited the Philippines, I wanted a real authentic filipino experience. Maxine by the Sea had it all... the food, the view, the people, the Hundred Islands. It was more than I had ever imagined.

If you are looking for a place to stay, Maxine by the Sea has very simple sleeping accomodations. There are two types of rooms: one king bed or two twin beds and a bathroom. Basically, a place where you can shower, get cleaned up after a long day at the Hunderd Islands, and sleep. I have seen other tourist testimonials complaining about the size and that there are no telvisions, but I found that there was no need to stay in my room when there was so much to see outside andt the size of my room was the least of my concern.
Lucap is a very small barangay within Alaminos City. You will be in the provinces, so don't expect to find a 5 star hotel anywhere near by. My advise is to utilize the amenities that are provided, and get back outside and enjoy the view, the people, the food, and EXPLORE all the Philippines can provide!!!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Beaches, Backpacking, Family Travel
  • Written February 9, 2007
Tip Photo

View of Hundred Islands at sunrise

• limledi profile photo limledi
  • Reviews: 895

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Maxine By The Sea: Accomodation By The Sea

Maxine By The Sea has beautiful roofed-over patio restaurant right on the water. We stayed here for the night before our island hopping trip to Hundred Islands. I find the room very basic with no electrical outlets so we had to charge our cellfones and cameras on the lobby. Very inconvenient for the guests. The food in the restaurant is expensive. The room and bathroom are small. Plenty of lizards around which I hate. The only upside is the restaurant by the sea provides a beautiful view over the horizon. Room rate costs P1200.

Restaurant by the sea.