Tarlac Hotels

• Penelope4 profile photo Penelope4
  • Reviews: 461

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

La Maja Rica Hotel and Restaurant: One of Tarlac's modest hotel

It was 9:00 p.m. and my neighbors were still playing Karaoke. I knew that I will not be able to sleep and I badly needed one after a long flight so I asked my sister to join me in a hotel.

We were lucky to get a room at a short notice. The room was kind of neat. Nice but simple furniture. Clean towels, warm water with some amenities. The room is clean and did not smell at all of cigarettes.

The breakfast was simple but very Filipino. It was not ample but sufficient.

This hotel has become very popular. Many foreigners who had to spend the night while travelling stay in this hotel. It's family-friendly and many associations rent conference rooms for their meetings.

The location is great for travellers. It is along the highway and surprisingly it was not noisy at all.

The hotel has a swimming pool. At another time, I brought my nephews and nieces for a swim and had some pretty good bites at the poolside. My family had a good time!

In the evening, one can enjoy a few drinks while listening to a live band (it has two to three members but it is quite alright). No service charge and there are only a few tables so it's kind of personalized if you ask me. You can even request them to sing your favourite song.

Cocktails are alright. They offer some warm bits and pieces to eat.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average