San Antonio Hotels

Our Members Say

• vinc_bilb profile photo vinc_bilb
  • Reviews: 196

Big Foot: Budget Rest house and restaurant

We spent 2 nights here, arrived from Manila at ~4am. Rooms are OK according to the price, the AC system is very noisy and don't expect a top confort. Basic is OK and I was really confortable with that.

Price is flexible: from 3 hours (500p) to 1 day (800P)

Moving from Manila / Heritage hotel to San Antonio / Big foot rest house was a hughe difference. You know what? I preferred the big foot, really...

Budget pension, Room OK (AC + TV), Reception OK + Restaurant (good) + Video karaoke (inside the restaurant)

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Budget Travel
  • Written June 27, 2009
Tip Photo

• cyndymc profile photo cyndymc
  • Reviews: 1536

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Canoe Beach Resort: Beach Resort With Great Views

My daughter and I stayed overnight at the Canoe Beach Resort while my husband and grandson camped at Anawangin Cove. Our reservation was made by my husband's photo buddy so I was a bit anxious because it was the first time we would stay in a place that I personally didn't choose.

Fortunately, the place was alright; not comparable with White Rock Hotel but comfy enough and practical for an overnight stay. We got a small air-conditioned room at the beachfront. The air-conditioning unit was okay (we had to put it to low setting when it became too cold at midnight), but the room still had a ceiling fan. The comfort room didn't have an exhaust fan so we had to space our use of the toilet to allow the smell to dissipate; the shower didn't have hot & cold options, but the cold water was okay since Pundakit was hot & humid.

Pillows were quite flat; blanket was a thin bed sheet. Though a roll of tissue paper and Safeguard soap were provided, no towels were in the room. We were told by the housekeeping lady to ask for towels from the front desk. (I wonder why they didn't put the towels inside the room, as other resorts do.) When we asked for the towel, we asked if there will be an extra charge; no, we weren't charged.

Yes, I would still recommend the Canoe Beach Resort to fellow Vt'ers and other travelers. It has a very nice location; besides, I saw and met the unassuming owner who looked into the conditions of the resorts, observing if their guests were having a good time. The staff, especially those assigned at the front desk and Cafe were very nice to us.

Canoe Beach Resort has a swimming pool, Cafe', picnic tables/cottages for day tour guests, common grilling & cooking place, volleyball court, parking lots inside the compound for guests booked in the resort and a parking lot outside for day tour guests, comfort room & shower room for day tour guests.

What I like best about Canoe Beach Resort is the great view of the mountains, the sea, Capones & Camara Islands, and the magnificent sunset.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written April 8, 2009

View of Capones & Camara Islands From Canoe Beach

• rmcuesta profile photo rmcuesta
  • Reviews: 163

Punta De Uain: San Antonio's luxurious resort

great experience, the resort is exclusive because its far away from the other resorts of San Antonio.

Ipod dock anywhere. wifi.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written March 30, 2008
Tip Photo

• zippee profile photo zippee
  • Reviews: 79

camping: No hotel, no resort

Anawangin is not yet known to regular tourists, but to the mountaineering community, it's quite popular. If planning for an overnight stay in the area, camping gears a must, that means you need to have at least a tent and provisions for food and cooking utensils.

the place is best for chilling out, communing with nature and bonding with friends.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Adventure Travel, Budget Travel, Camping
  • Written May 29, 2007
Tip Photo

pitch a tent under the pine trees

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful