Kaputian Island Garden City, SAMAL, Philippines, P

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Pearl Farm Beach Resort

Help Needed Please!

Hi,

Ive just returned from Egypt after having a brilliant holiday, and am eager to plan my next trip away. Whilst in Egypt I snorkled every day and loved it. The fish and the coral reef was amazing. I would really like to repeat the experience again, but in another part of the world and wondered if you guys could offer me any advice about where to go? Im not a brilliant swimmer so I would like to be able to snorkel directly from the beach as I did in Sharm el Sheikh rather than going on a boat trip every day.

Thanks in advance,
Love Yvonne

by blue_sky04

Perhaps you can consider Menjangan Island - a small island in the north west of Bali Island, Indonesia. Some friends told me that this island is good for snorkling and diving. Check VTers' Bali pages, perhaps someone has been there and has written about the place.

by bkoon

Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia offer very good snorkelling.

Malaysia - Sipadan, Langkawi, Perhentian, Redang, Lang Tengah, Tenggol, Tioman, etc
Thailand - Samui, Similans, Phuket, Tarutao, etc
Indonesia - Manado, Bali, etc

by xxsummerstarzxx

Thanks for your reply :-) I will check out the pages you suggested and see if I can find out more about it. Thanks Again! :-)

Thanks Bkoon!
I will look into the places you suggest and see what information I can gather. Perhaps I will now be able to post a question to the forum in a more specific place :-) Thanks Again!

RE: RE: RE: Help Needed Please!

by moonlighting

Try the snorkeling sites in the PHilippines... still a lot of unexplored sites.

The Philippines has 3 major Islands along their 7,000+++ other sister islands.:

IN Luzon: snorkeling sites are Mindoro, Batangas (though mostly for divers), and the best is Palawan.

IN VIsayas: there's Cebu, Bohol, Siquijor, Samar, Apo Island.

IN Mindanao: there's Davao, Camiguin, Surigao

by tatzoo

the diving in and around davao philippines is some of the best in the world ...period. you might hear about palawan island. beautiful yes, dangerous for u.s. citizens and others YES! stay in and around davao...try the pearl farm resort area....

Dear Moonlighting,

Many thanks for your suggestions, I will certainly bear the Phillipines in mind, Ive heard it is very beautiful :-) Love Yvonne

Dear Tatzoo,

Thanks for your advice. I may very well end up in the Phillipines, it sounds lovely! Why do you say some places are dangerous? I am from the UK by the way :) Love Yvonne

Comments