Great Eastern Hotel

Satisfaction Terrible

• sixthsense's Profile Photo

Horrible

“Horrible for Hobos”

First, I was manipulated into the so called "new wing" this is the con to move you into a much more expensive room. Well, the room was meant for hobo,s & hookers.
    The beautiful slide show in their lobby does not display the following.
    Filthy/damaged corridor and room carpets.
    Zero bed covering.
    Old sheets repaired with ?
    Bed, when I finally got the nerve to try the bed. The bed was like a sheet of metal ribs, metal coils lay just under the thin cover. Had I drumming skills and stick, could have played it like a cymbal. ZERO... Sleep. The up side is I took time to learn to use my new iPad. Picture to be attached.
    Bathroom ceiling moldy and filthy.
    Bathroom towel rack was hit by auto?
    Bathroom sink tile, smashed tiles with holes( they had something there before the place went to pot).
    Tub outer wall filthy looking with rust.
    Walls/baseboard looked very nasty and ugly.
    View from window would have been great if one was a painter in need of a full time job.
    Since my experience began with the deception at the front desk, early morn I called for the general manager instead. There was none present all morning or was hiding somewhere.
    If you choose to except this fate, don't forget to bring mosquito repellant for indoor lobby waiting area. While waiting for my ride out of this experience, I took pictures in lobby as well.
    No offense meant toward Hobos, you have my respect. Great Eastern Hotel gets zero.
    Room Tip: Don't consider this place.
    If you want real reviews by real customers also see tripadvisor.
    Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

• Dirty, old but staff is very nice

Do not be deceived by the pictures they presented online. It's very, very different!
    If you are a neat freak or just a person who wants a room and things tidy, this is NOT the hotel for you. This hotel has 2 buildings. We stayed at the main one which is older than the other which they call West Wing. I did not see the condition of the rooms on the West Wing.
    When we came to our room, the first thing I saw was the carpet which had patches in one area. My husband removed his shoes, walked around and minutes later, the soles of his feet were dark gray. The bed is made but the bedsheets and pillowcases are very old, crumpled, color was like dirty white. The pillows are small, saggy and feels and look like they have never been replaced. The curtains are very obvioulsy dirty - it already accumulated dust and obviously haven't been changed and has not seen laundry for a looooooong time. I ran my fingers through it and my hands turned gray; that's how dirty it was. Same with the tables and the old t.v. - I ran my fingers through them and sure enough, I got dust. The very old type of air-condition that they have was dusty and had rusts in it. I literally had to got to the grocery and buy Lysol and clean everything I could, myself. Obviously, housekeepers need to be re-oriented on how to properly clean. The room had a small fridge. It was not a non-frost one so when my husband opened it, the ice in the freezer was so thick, you cannot even put a small water bottle in! The bath tub had small areas which are rusted already. The shower curtain and the laundry line in the bathroom had molds in it! My husband called and showed it to housekeeping and asked they change it immediately; unfortunately for the laundry line, they could not. We called reception about the room condition and asked if we could have another one by the West Wing but they said they will have to charge us a higher rate! Their small pool is dirty, water is on the murky side. Someone should have the Philippine Health department be aware of the conditions in this hotel!
    The rate maybe cheap but don't get your hopes up - you pay cheap, you get a really cheap room on this one.

Unique Quality: The only good things about this hotel is, one: its location. Their location is very convenient - walking distance to restaurants, bank, grocery, fastfoods, bars, few minutes drive (if traffic is not heavy which is a rarity in all parts of Manila & Quezon City) to the huge malls. If you need to commute, one only has to go outside the hotel and there are already cabs, jeepneys, buses.
    Second, the staff is nice and courteous.
    Third, the hotel restaurants offer good tasting food although servings are kinda small.

Directions: Along Quezon Avenue near West and Timog Avenues.

• A Disappointment

In my experience of stay here in this Hotel, I'll say that I won't be coming back here. Hotel should be a place for the guests to relax after a busy day of work, but in our case its not. To what we paid for, its not worth the price. Ive been to different Hotels that's why i can say that. We Reserved a Junior Suite Twin, which is based on their leaflet is 2nd to the most expensive rooms. So we expected that it would be much much better room compare to lower ones. However it's not, like there's a hole in the bathroom ceiling and crack in the wall below the aircon, and worst part is, there's no water-pressure. We ask assistance in the front desk around 3pm, and it took time before a personnel went there and seems he doesnt know anything about it, He said he will report it in Engineering Dept. but we haven't heard anything after that, so we have to call back to the Receptionist and came to a point that we have to talk to the Manager, and you know what, they said the Manager is not there, not even supervisor, huh? that's absurd. But then after that, "a person incharge of that shift" went to our room talked to us and look at the bathroom and said they may just transfer us to another room. She told us to wait after 15 mins. So 15 mins. past by still no call. So i have to call back again, thats the only time she said thats there's problem with water pressure in that level. Then they should have not let us checked-in that room. And it took another time before they moved us in a different room. The inexpensive one look a bit better than the expensive one, hmmm. I guess they have to check they're room rates if the room deserves its price. So all in all, we haven't relaxed at all. It caused us too much inconvenience. Imagine we complained around 3pm and the actions where finally taken after3 1/2-4 hours, that slow and poor service. The Next day we have to cancel our meeting because it took us almost 1 hr and 15 mins just to check-out because of the inconvenience they cost us. So all in all its really a DISAPPOINTMENT. i can rate this Hotel 2.1 out of 10. It needs a lot of improvement. Facility, service and even their personnel. To my friends, think twice if you would really want to check-in here.

Unique Quality: I can say that the Gulliver's of San Francisco Restaurant, 8th Floor of Great Eastern offers a very good Prime Ribs of Beef, me & my Boss enjoyed it and you can see it on his face. Its worth the price. The place is very nice and cozy and a very romantic place. Its a very enjoying and fulfilling dinner. We will be going back in this restaurant. Ill rate this restaurant 9 out of 10.

Directions: Along EDSA, after BP Mata and Company Inc., There's a right turn lane, turn right there (you are now at Quezon Ave.). Along that Road you can see the name of their Hotel at the Roof. In front of it is a building named CROSSING.

More about Great Eastern Hotel

affordable hotel on quezon ave.

by mangkiko about Great Eastern Hotel

Staff was attentive enough. Just check under the cover. My bed had blood stains so I asked them to change beddings. Very reasonable at PhP1,680 pesos a night including breakfast. Its also near most of the bars and clubs so its very convenient.

Cheap Hotel In Makati

by kenstan about Great Eastern Hotel

This is a nice hotel for the price from 1500 a night in Makati's red light area. Its a close taxi drive to the malls. Has a pool gym wireless internet that works good.If you are into hookers this might be the place for you,but they don't let them in the hotel after 10.

Comments