3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Great Value

During our stay, we were given a big room that can actually accommodate a small group like ours. But you need to pay extra for the extra bed. The queen-sized beds are really comfortable! For the service, I'm giving it four stars out of five for the friendly front desk officer. 5 stars for room cleanliness and another five stars for the location. Great value for your money!

Unique Quality: There was an outdoor pool with a great view. Other facilities are that of a standard hotel.

Directions: Near the Silang Crossing and conveniently located near the Olivarez Plaza offering various food options and other treats.

• Breathtaking place to be in Tagaytay

I arrived not expecting much. But was surprised with the Hotel. Great view, scenic elevator, and the friendliest staff. The rooms are great with a balcony and view. Beds are BIG. You get a great deal for the price. It is actually one of the most affordable hotel around the area. I will definitely be back.

Unique Quality: The view of the TAAL LAKE was simply magnificent!

Directions: Located about 60 kms, Southwest Manila, and is 75 kilometers away from the nearest airport, the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

• sweet_sentiments's Profile Photo

Hotel with a nice view

the place is A-OK

Unique Quality: with swimming pool and if you chose the suites you'll have a very nice view of the taal lake....

• tonymoroni2001's Profile Photo

Day's Inn without Power!

The Day I arrived, there was a maintainance program going on at the Power station,the whole town was without power during the day.
    How was I to know?
    It was sunny and very hot, and after travelling on the "regular bus"- I was really looking to cool off and relax.
    Well, the air-con was non-functional and all the rooms were pretty warm, because they face the lake, which was full on sunlight.
    The place was clean, and low key- very family oriented.
    I think most every person there knew that the power would be out. So they were really cool about it.
    When the power came on around three o'clock- the air-con worked great and made this place better than average.
    I would not reccomend the resturant for breakfast, unless you are ready to eat only philippino food.
    My lady did the ordering for the next three days- sometimes successful, sometimes not.(I love you Helen!)
    But I will say this- her teenager son was always filled to the max, and seemed quite happy with the food fare. ( If that's what you gage the real value of a resturaunt by, then it would pass easily)
    Me! I would like better service and a more complicated menu- but I was on Holiday.
    The funniest thing happened while we were eating breakfast (I would only dare eat breakfast there) a child walked up to the stereo system and turned the volume way way up-(of course!)
    While the staff was hurrying to correct the problem, Mom and Dad were dying of embarrasment- I yelled out a big "whoo Hoo!"
    and think I eased those poor parents into a quiet smile- because a lot of people laughed out loud in the way they do- to let the parents know it was ok, and everybody there understood the "curious child" (Oh how I love these Philippino's)
    Thank God for for My Honey'ko- she grabbed my arm and I realized quickly that I had better behave- I do not wish to be an UGLY AMERICAN!
    But I sometimes I am, and this was one time where it worked well.
    The cute little child? He was un-fazed and continued his happy explorations-Thumbs up to my man!

Unique Quality: Truly a great view ,
    an quiet too. When i was awake early enough to see the sun come up, it was magical, all dark to light , cool to wamth, black to deep blue and then the sunlit blueish green all reflected off that radiant smile Helen shares in the morning.
    You gotta go there- but you'll never see it the same way I did. She really was the smallest, most "Dangerous volcano in the Philippines"
    Ha! - those cool waters and calm surfaces
    were just one of the many reasons I would chose to return.

• syllybabe's Profile Photo

A view of the lake from every room

The spartan appeal of Days Inns and hotels but with breathtaking views of the lake and the volcano from the ridge.
    There's a pool and a few cabanas around it...a dip being perfect for warm days and the cabanas are nice for a few drinks on cool nights.

Directions: Along the highway...on the ridge

More about Days Hotel - Tagaytay City

Days Hotel (Part 2)

by victorwkf

This part 2 shows you some photographs of the rooms at Days Hotel, Tagaytay. Essentially the rooms are nice and comfortable, but quite standard and nothing really fantastic. The air-con is not centralised and located in the room, so you need to adjust it yourself. Sometimes the air-con can get a bit noisy. There is a balcony outside each room where you can sit and watch the beautiful view of Taal Lake and Taal Volcano (see the travelogue section of this VT page for the photographs taken at this hotel).

TAGAYTAY HOTELS: Tagaytay Newest Bed & Breakfast

by longbathan about Andanita Lakeview Hotel & Coffeeshop (TAJ-owned)

Best because the location is deeper into Metro-Tagaytay away from the crowded Tagaytay city center. But the Taal lake and volcano view is still fantastic and breath-taking. The themes of the rooms are unique-they have indian/mediterranean themed rooms. The rates are relatively well-priced. But they have this huge presidential room (almost 75sqm) called 'Maharashtra Suite'-indian interiors. They have their own spa (Green Mountain Spa) and restaurant called TAJ of Tagaytay offering indian and mediterranean cuisine, we love it!!! The Spa is great, we like the 'philippine hilot' and body scrub and most of all the foot reflex.

Best of Both Worlds at EVERCREST

by AusPinay about EVERCREST RESORT- PEACE & QUIET, Cheap Food!

IF you're going to Tagaytay City, in the Philippines,you might consider staying at Evercrest Golf Club Resort- it is between Tagaytay and Batangas so you are close to both lake, Taal Volcano views, beaches, shopping,restaurants,etc..

My family and I stayed there last Dec05 and it was great- especially the food prices in the restaurant are unbelievable!,Plus, no extra room service charge! Imagine pancakes and eggs for 55 pesos , that's less than 2 Aussie or US dollars! They have a varied menu with international and Filipino dishes.

The general ambience? If peace and quiet is what you like, no crowds, then this is it! Friendly, warm and efficient, that's how I can sum up their service.

Don't be put off if it is a golfing resort. The guests are usually at the golf courses anyway!

Hire a private car/van if you are with family members/kids as it is better. The rate is not too high, around 1,500 pesos a day. Negotiate if you want to include the driver too.

Here's the website:http://www.travelph.com/resorts/tagaytay/evercrest/

There's olympic sized pool, jacuzzis, etc, plus the fab golf course whether you are a golfer or not.

How to get there via public or private car/van:

The area could be reached from Metro Manila via the Coastal Road or the South Superhighway. BLTB buses from Pasay, Metro Manila having a destination signboard of Nasugbu or Balayan ply the route passing Tagaytay City. If going through the South Superhighway, take the Carmona exit and drive down through Silang up to the entrance of Tagaytay City.

Travel time : 1 1/2 to 2 hours' drive from Manila.

Btw, the best time to go there is not during peak season though they were quiet right after Christmas. Weather is relatively cooler too. Instead of going to Baguio City, this is the nearer alternative to a mountain climate that is just easily reached by road from Manila.

Cheers and happy trip! Great room service and very reasonably priced food menu
Big bath tub- my two kids and I can fit inside!

(By the way, we had a discount there as my sister gets bonus points for being a regular customer.)

Home away from Home

by acoropeo about CasaMara

If you're looking for a Vacation home in the cool city of Tagaytay, CasaMara is a perfect getaway for people seeking respite from pressures of living in the metropolis ideal place to relax and unwind. Its a 2-storey rustic house with an annex, a beautiful garden, 2 gazebos and a lookout! It can accomodate 12-20 pax. The house has a fully equiped kitchen, a TV, stereo and DVD player. For outdoor dining, there are 2 gazebos and a gas bbq grill! Sleeping quarters of the main house are on the 2nd floor and overlooks the sala. There are two sections and bathroom. There are also sleeping quarters in the annex ensuite! I am sure you'll enjoy staying in CasaMara as much i did! The house was built by the owner himself who is an architect. its a rustic place inspired by the Filipino Bahay Kubo. There are lots of sitting areas for relaxation, solo meditation or group bonding. Its really like a home away from home. The kitchen is fully equiped, with the The Tagaytay City Market conveniently accross the street.

Right on Lake itself

by victorcklau about San Roque Beach Resort

The owners are very friendly and helpful, and they have this guesthouse which has 3 rooms and 2 bathrooms which we rented wholly for the 10 of us. When they saw that we were a little cramped, Lita offerred us another room in the adjacent building FOC. You can have them arrange lunch, dinner etc at their little resort, and they even have their own banca boat to take us to the island. All 3 rooms are air-conditioned but only 1 worked well - hope they have rectified that - hot water ok but water pressure a bit low. The guest house cost us Peso 6000 per night and we had all the privacy we wanted. The best thing about this place is that it is right on the waters edge. The sunrise and sunset is nice with the waters and Taal in front of you. They have a open aired but covered hall which you can use FOC and we used it for our dancing and dining. Just too bad that it is not as cool as in the Tagaytay city itself as this is located in Talisay.

days hotel, tagaytaydays hotel, tagaytay

Days Hotel, Tagaytay, PhilippinesDays Hotel, Tagaytay, Philippines

Restaurant at Days Hotel, TagaytayRestaurant at Days Hotel, Tagaytay

My room at Days Hotel, TagaytayMy room at Days Hotel, Tagaytay

Picnic Groove Tagaytay City

by jelvsen1

Anybody out there who have been on an overnite stay or checked in at the cottages of Picnic Groove. Please give me ideas if its worth staying. We will be there by 1st week of July. I heard they are cheap. Is it secured there specially at nite? Do they have a restuarant? Are the rooms neat? Are there bathrooms in every room? Im asking coz I couldnt find their website. Thank you

RE: Picnic Groove Tagaytay City

by philusa

You can try this http://www.cavite.gov.ph/index.php?id1=10&id2=13&id3=0

[url=http://www.bayberryhouse.com]"Bayberryhouse"[/url]

by jelvsen1

Thank you Walsh. Picnic grooves website is nowhere to be found. I would liek anybody who have checked in there to give me info about Picnic groove specially their accomodation. Thank you

by mikoykoy

Yes, they have cottages with toilets for overnight stay. and they also have restaurants.

Try the website of Philippine Tourism Authority --> http://www.philtourism.com/tpg_desc.html

by urvan_rollin

hi... im going to tagaytay this sunday and im really in a tight budget. do u know where to stay in tagaytay just for 1 night except from picnic groove? my no is 09062410178. need the info ASAP (demanding! :D) thanks in advance.... god bless

Comments