Tagaytay Hotels

Our Members Say

• shavy profile photo shavy
  • Reviews: 1377

Tagaytay Haven Hotel: The hotel is in good location, on Nasugbu highway

We took a bus from Pasay bound Nasugbu it was not and airconditioning was a regular bus that stops dozen of times on the way to pick and drop off passengers. Anyway I ask the conductor many times to drop off us at Savemore where our hotel is located is on Tagaytay Nasugbu highway for sure he did not forget us. More than two hour in a bus we arrive at Savemore, thank god he never forget us. We walk a little bit our hotel is behind from all the crowd, we saw the sign already from distance. We arrive at the reception around 9,30 am is early because we took the night bus from Banaue and we arrive at 6 am in Cubao and took directly a taxi to Pasay bus terminal, and there were just a bus leaving for Tagaytay and we took it

It is a big complex there was a girl sitting behind the counter greet us, I give her the hotel voucher I printed out from Agoda. It took a while before she found the file of the booking seems like they do not have costumer with booking voucher from Agoda. We were so tired from our trip and she said, the check in time is at 2 pm. I ask her if our room is ready? she said yes your room is ready, but we have a hotel policy if you check in early there is an extra charge of 350 peso an hour. ( I said what, what a hell of policy is that, I said to her, that's why I booked two nights here because I know we will be arriving early from Manila due to have the nightbus from Ifugao Mountain Province. No mercy!)

I don't want to pay the 350 peso extra an hour, imagine, we were 4 hour too early than the noted check in time it cost us more than thousand peso. The extra hour can cost us more than the room price. I said to her okay, we leave our luggage here, we are going to walk outside to grab some food. The time go very fast, when we went back to the hotel it was 1.30 pm already and I said to the girl we were half hour too early. But okay, we can get into our room. When we open the door I was surprise that we have a very huge room what a luxury to have a big space which I always wanted to have more room for our stuff.

Tagaytay is not a very cheap destination in the Philippines, the accommodation price is a bit higher than any other places in the Phiilippines. This hotel was apparently a second choice and I have my doubt during my booking because of negative reviews. During the booking of our accommodation for Tagaytay I found another hotel from Booking which is in a quiet place near the Picnic Grove which has a good reviews of people who staying there, I've cancel it and do some research again.

After a few weeks I am doing some research again of hotels in Tagaytay and I came to this place at Agoda site which is cheaper than the first one I book. The complain of the rooms are very negative, but the surrounding has a good reviews which has given me the attention of booked this hotel. I booked two night here. In the site it says, is a studio room type but for me I didn't see studio sytle in the room. Is just a big room very roomy which is nice to have such room

The room has king size bed, small round table with 2 chair another long table at the back plus one chair and TV is just above from it. When entering the room we have a coach a leather sofa, a closet, it is really worth the price. The things is, the bathroom is less worth than the room. This is small and not very clean.

The hotel has good surrounding area, outside next door there is a fast food 'Jolibee' we are not fun of it but for other traveller it could be useful. Outside plenty if small shops such as bakery and the supermarket Savemore is just next door. The hotel has no breakfast and no restaurant iether. But that would not be problem, outside has plenty of eateries. We went to a Grill Restaurant yesterday which is about 600 meter from hotel, where you have an excellent grill of seafood or meat barbecue. This is a pretty good location place to stay in Tagaytay close to the shops and restaurant, and easy to find if coming to Tagaytay with bus from Pasay Manila. The price is well worth to its location and the big size room

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Historical Travel, Sailing and Boating
  • Written December 21, 2014

Hotel lobby

• Mistiqshannen1 profile photo Mistiqshannen1
  • Reviews: 2

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Log cabin accomodation for 4 person: Chateau Royale Sports and Country Club Inc.

We visited Chateau Royale Sports and Country Club Inc. last August 2012. I bout the voucher from a deal site that cost 2499 for 4 persons accommodation on the log cabin with free breakfast and dinner. I read so many bad reviews about the deal and about the rooms.

So we lowered our expectation since I already paid for it. I bought 2 vouchers.
I expected to be checked-in at one of their log cabin quite far from the clubhouse as what was indicated in the previous reviews. But when we arrived at the club, we were brought to their detached log cabin house and somewhat nearer compare to the other apartment types rooms.

The room was cozy since it is woody room but you can still smell the molds smell on the linens. It seems that the linens/pillows/blanket were not ironed or what stocked in the stock room for months. Since I have 3 kids ( aged 1, 2, 3) in the same room with my husband and 2 sisters. The room was still big enough. They have big CR and hot shower and a toilet bowl that has a good flush. Unlike those other review I read that encountered problems on hot shower and flush.

The cabin has a room with one single sized double deck bed and 2 single bed (big enough for 2 person a kid and adult to sleep in one bed) outside the room. You have a space for the couch that seems old and smells mold again. a TV, aircon and cabinet.

Though since we expected not so much, we were happy then. But the aircon is not functioning well. It was fine since the weather is cold.

Unfortunately you have to ask the girl nearby (room attendant) for Tissue.
They have towels though (not mold smelling :))

The pool is clean also but too cold. haha.. my kid again was not happy to swim.

But we did swim.. (Adults only).

There is a jeepney that fetch guests from the cabins to clubhouse. Thanks for that.

You can also park inside the club if you bring a car.

The biggest disappointment came during dinner. You only have to be served 1 cup of rice and small serving of one dish and small glass of ice tea. Though you can drink lots of water. :(. If you need extra rice you have to pay 20 pesos. There is a mongolian bar that they sell though..

The next day, we were served one cup of rice, 1 egg and skinless sausage (2 pcs i think)
The good thing on their part was since it was raining the next morning, they instead delivered the breakfast in the rooms pack in styro with paying the styro.

The place is fine. But I dont think I will stay there for 2 days. Because a day tour is good enough.
The place is too far from Tagaytay city. You have to travel 1 hr (with heavy traffic) going to main part of Tagaytay.

They really have to improve their facilities. seems old. and add more attraction. Maybe by that time things will get better.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Zoo, Family Travel, School Holidays
  • Written November 6, 2012

Main Entrance (Clubhouse)

• davidjo profile photo davidjo
  • Reviews: 2759

KENI PO: good value for money

Although we did not stay here we checked it out and wished that we had booked here instead of the Java Jazz Cafe nearby. The place was colourfully decorated, had a swimming pool and the bedrooms were well furnished with even a ref. for 1200 pesos, it would have been worth us spending the extra 220 pesos that we were paying next door.

• Written September 10, 2012

Keni Po Hotel

• davidjo profile photo davidjo
  • Reviews: 2759

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

JAVA JAZZ CAFE: one of the cheapest

Tagaytay is rather expensive for the budget traveller but we stayed in Java Jazz Cafe, who have three rooms at 980 pesos each. The couple who owned the cafe were very nice, the rooms were small but adequate, but the bathroom was a share type that is accessible from the next room also so you must make sure the extra door was locked when in use and unlocked when not in use. Breakfast was included, coffee, 2 pandesal and a one egg omelet. I think that the owner should spend the extra 5 pesos for a two egg omelet. The rooms were downstairs like a dungeon as when you opened your door there was a fence facing you and nowhere to relax. We booked ahead of time so we felt committed to stay there.
There was no hot water shower here but they kindly offered to supply us with a container of hot water, but we did not realise that there was a charge for this. The owner pointed out that they were in the LP and most of their guests were foreigners, making the TV in the bedrooms useless as there were only local channels to watch. I suspect that this place would have few guests if it wasn't for the LP.
The cafe was an art cafe with many paintings for sale and they made their own delicious cakes.

• Written September 10, 2012

simple bedroom

• RieAnd_tres profile photo RieAnd_tres

Magallanes Square Hotel: Simply the Best

it was a very last minute decision to go to Tagaytay last weekend. I was worried that we won't be able to get a clean and good room at all. I was just lucky when I saw a review about Magallanes Square Hotel. I tried getting the cheapest room - deluxe room(3150 php 2 pax/night), but the only deluxe room left is the one located on the hotel's ground floor which i didn't like for some reasons...
i decided to get their executive room (3640 php for 2/night) and their hotel rep told me that the only room left is "yung sa dulo" ng hallway... i was hesitant to get it because of the thought that it might not be safe to be at the end of the hotel, but Adam, hotel rep, assured me that we need not to worry of anything, especially when it comes to their hotel's security.

the entrance of the hotel is not that appealing but it's quite known by the bus drivers and conductors.. we didn't have any problem going there since we only commuted from manila to tagaytay. magallanes square hotel is located infront of lesley's, dencio's, starbucks...just a few steps away. their reception area is actually downstairs but you will not have any problem of getting there. when we reached our room, i was surprised because it was very clean and very cozy. though the hotel is small, but you really won't feel any doubt of not being secured, it's like you at your own home in tagaytay... the room is spacious, just the way i like it...one queen size bed, mattress,blankets, pillows are great...white, clean and smelled clean. had a great sleep there. closet and a vault, but it's not really important for me, since we were just on a light travel....
their bathroom was great. i am a person which is very particular in restrooms when i go out. this hotel just passed my qualifications...clean, with a smoked-glass as its wall. it's perfect cr, clean, with bidet and with the towels which are not just clean but smelled clean!
we decided to go out on saturday night to have some fun but me and my partner just decided to stay in the room and make the most out of our stay in that room we even extended our stay there until 8 pm of sunday night. our window is not really facing the view of taal lake but we didn't care. it's the best accomodation i ever had so far.... we will definitely be going back there. sorry, since it's not a very planned vacay, i wasnt able to take pics. but the pics that you see on their ads, the one with one bed, was actually the room where we stayed...SIMPLY THE BEST!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written February 26, 2012

• parlorfix profile photo parlorfix
  • Reviews: 4

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Franciscan Missionaries of Mary Landas-Buhay Retre: Tagaytay's Best Retreat House

Two of my friends and I stayed at a retreat house owned by nuns in Tagaytay (near Rotonda) for 2k a night. The accommodation had two rooms, a toilet and bath, kitchen, and a veranda where you get to see a great view of Taal Lake. If you wish to stay there, you have to book early. There's another room for 1k a night but without kitchen.

Check out their website here.

If you want a bit European accomo, there's Chateau Hestia in Silang, Cavite, which is a couple of minutes drive from Tagaytay public market. Hope I helped.

- peaceful and quiet, the veranda is big and spacious
- surrounded by trees, really great view of Taal Lake

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Hiking and Walking
  • Written January 24, 2012

• kenneth101 profile photo kenneth101

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Keni po: Keni Po- Excellent!

My family and I stayed in one of their villas. We rented the villa for 2 nights! Rate is 3500 per night. It was an awesome experience, the staff are polite and friendly, service is really good, the villa is just right for 6 persons. The villa has an attic with queen sized bed and a pull out. It also has a cable tv. On the first floor, there is a small room, air-conditioned and with cable tv, there is also a small living room also with cable tv and we were able to cook our own food since there is a kitchenette with free use of gas stove. It even surprises me that their beers and other bottled drinks are priced the same as with sari-sari store. We also enjoyed swimming in their very cute pool (though the water is freezing cold) and using their wifi while drinking our heartls out in one of the cottages.

I would really recommend this place. Cheap but cozy and comfy!

Keni po has nice facilities, nice interiors especially the woodstones and natural finished of their bathroom (villa). It has a touch of nature and yet modern. THe landscape on their garden is really cute. The pool view is relaxing with different lightings. The place is really neat. You can even surf the net for free!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written December 10, 2009

• malakingtete profile photo malakingtete
  • Reviews: 52

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Andanita Taj of Tagaytay: Disappointing stay at Andanita

The moment I set foot on the place, I was immediately disappointed. First, the parking area is just outside which can only accommodate a max of 8 vehicles. since ours is an suv you can't help but worry since a half ruler-length of the vehicle is already protruding to the main road & can be hit any moment by the passing vehicles. 2nd is the poor construction & maintainance of the place. there are signs all over that says "under construction" but i think the place is rather finished already and it's just their excuse for the guests to bear with it. next is the casa blanca room. initially my understanding with the "full lake & volcano view" is that there would be a privately accessed balcony from the room where you could see the sight of the lake & volcano. i can't be more disappointed to find out that this "full lake & volcano view" they're referring to is actually the view from the glass window which unfortunately is on top of the head board of the bed. you have to literally stand up on the bed to see this "full lake & volcano view" and who would even bother to do that? the only difference it has to other cheaper rooms is the number of steps to reach the 180 degree viewing deck. the athena which is the cheapest would take around 10-15 steps & casa blanca & maharashtra suite would be both 5-7 steps. what a difference! 3rd would be the TV that has no cable at all! i know i may have wrongly assumed & did not pay too much attention on the details of the amenities when i read it, but i couln't understand the logic of providing wifi access but no cable tv! isn't that weird? from all the hotels that i've been to it's the only one that does not have cable tv. even motels, hostels & inns do have cable tv so why not provide it when they even call their place as "hotel"? last would be the weak water supply. i don't know if 90% of the guests took a bath the same minute or time that i did, but the shower is really weak. in short, the price is not commensurate the accommodation & amenities it provides. the only thing i can commend about this place is the service. the people working here are very courteous, attentive and are really into customer satisfaction. there would be someone who'd offer to carry your things (even if it's just a small bag & laptop in your hands), calling you to ask or give titles of available dvds (that's their alternative for cable tv), check in every now & then if there's anything more you'd be needing, helpful servers & prompt delivery of food & lastly, upgrade of breakfast to a seemingly unsatisfied guests. :)

It is unique for the themed accommodations.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 13, 2009

Inside Casa Blanca Room

• Frenny profile photo Frenny
  • Reviews: 12

Keni Po: Budget Inn

Keni Po is just a step away from the Catholic church Ina ng Laging Saklolo (Perpetual Help). It is a very comfortable inn and does not rip the wallet. The service people are nice and helpful, food is okay as well.

The Inn is not too far from the dining establishments, near the market (if you prefer cooking meals), beside a Catholic church and when you cross the street - a view of Taal Ridge.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 14, 2009

• cheyen profile photo cheyen

KENI PO: opo, they're nice

if you are on a budget but want a place that's comfortable, with excellent service, polite staff, and rooms with nice accents, then Keni Po is highly recommended. Initially my gf and i stayed there for a night and got this room for about PhP 1500, the room is just about the right size with a porch, good lighting and comfy bed and pillows. We hardly opened the air conditioner because aside from the fact that Keni po is located in an elevated area, it was January and the cold could really seep through your jacket when outside. The room where we stayed has a common area with excellent ambiance, but you'd really want to stay inside the room because the room is quite nice.
The next day, we transferred to one of their villas (at PhP 3500 per day) because my kid would be spending time with us overnight. He was so excited to explore the villa since it has 3 televisions with cable (one in the sala, one inside the bedroom and another one in the attic), one small room with a/c, a kitchen and an attic. The attic has a queen sized bed with a pullout bed-- and yes, still comfy pillows.
At the villa area (there are 3 of 'em), there's a pool and a totally quaint but really cute landscape with small huts and some seats where you can cuddle up with a love one under the moonlight.
On the third day we went back to one of their smaller rooms since there's only the two of us again, but the room would still make you smile.

setbacks: hot and cold showers: you just cant mix em right -- but the shower contraption in their smaller rooms are quite nice to experiment on-- you'll know when you stay there * wink

no free towels, shampoos, toothbrushes, soaps in the villa :(, you have to pay PhP 25 per towel as rent if you didn't bring your own.

but all in all it was a very nice. convenient and comfortable stay. we definitely would want to stay there again should we decide to go back to tagaytay.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written January 9, 2009

• gracefulsy profile photo gracefulsy

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

ANDANITA TAJ OF TAGAYTAY Hotel Restaurant Spa: Tagaytay's Indian-Middle Eastern inspired hotel

Being in the travel industry, i would say this place is highly recommendable to people whose budget is between high end and middle end. Great as all the room packages are inclusive of free breakfast and massage for two people already. You really don't to go out to dine as they have a restaurant serving indian-middle eastern food. You can even have Thai cuisine but as a tip you have to order one day ahead because this is not in their regular menu. FREE WI-FI is also a very good plus factor.

Though not all rooms has view, you can just go outside just a few steps and there's the viewing deck where you can have your breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or just lounge there late afternoon or early morning-very good view of the lake and volcano and the mountain ranges and ridges.
And if you happen to have plans of going to nearby Batangas beaches or Taal lake, you can ask the frontdesk and they can coordinate your trip to these places.
And lastly, for those who would visit during the cold months of November to December, try their Sishah or Hookah to warm you up (this is aside from the hot dishes that you can have there).

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Sailing and Boating, Horse Riding
  • Written May 7, 2008

• AusPinay profile photo AusPinay
  • Reviews: 583

EVERCREST RESORT- PEACE & QUIET, Cheap Food!: Best of Both Worlds at EVERCREST

IF you're going to Tagaytay City, in the Philippines,you might consider staying at Evercrest Golf Club Resort- it is between Tagaytay and Batangas so you are close to both lake, Taal Volcano views, beaches, shopping,restaurants,etc..

My family and I stayed there last Dec05 and it was great- especially the food prices in the restaurant are unbelievable!,Plus, no extra room service charge! Imagine pancakes and eggs for 55 pesos , that's less than 2 Aussie or US dollars! They have a varied menu with international and Filipino dishes.

The general ambience? If peace and quiet is what you like, no crowds, then this is it! Friendly, warm and efficient, that's how I can sum up their service.

Don't be put off if it is a golfing resort. The guests are usually at the golf courses anyway!

Hire a private car/van if you are with family members/kids as it is better. The rate is not too high, around 1,500 pesos a day. Negotiate if you want to include the driver too.

Here's the website:http://www.travelph.com/resorts/tagaytay/evercrest/

There's olympic sized pool, jacuzzis, etc, plus the fab golf course whether you are a golfer or not.

How to get there via public or private car/van:

The area could be reached from Metro Manila via the Coastal Road or the South Superhighway. BLTB buses from Pasay, Metro Manila having a destination signboard of Nasugbu or Balayan ply the route passing Tagaytay City. If going through the South Superhighway, take the Carmona exit and drive down through Silang up to the entrance of Tagaytay City.

Travel time : 1 1/2 to 2 hours' drive from Manila.

Btw, the best time to go there is not during peak season though they were quiet right after Christmas. Weather is relatively cooler too. Instead of going to Baguio City, this is the nearer alternative to a mountain climate that is just easily reached by road from Manila.

Cheers and happy trip!

Great room service and very reasonably priced food menu
Big bath tub- my two kids and I can fit inside!

(By the way, we had a discount there as my sister gets bonus points for being a regular customer.)

• Related to: Road Trip, Adventure Travel, Family Travel
  • Written March 13, 2008
Tip Photo

My boys enjoying the golf course

• DSwede profile photo DSwede
  • Reviews: 1794

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

4C's Lake Resort: Lakefront location with a view

We arrived without reservations and walked into several different inns and resorts. All seemed to be very pushy and trying to take advantage or the white faces.

4C's was reasonably priced and most comfortable of all we stopped into. They offered two types of rooms, one with A/C and hot water. The other rooms were more simple, with only a fan and shared bathroom. Payment is by cash only.

The resort is on lake front, with easy access to banca boats to/from Taal.
There is a pool to cool off in since most will not swim in the lake.
The restaurant provides large portions for very reasonable prices. They even re-heated our left over dinner for breakfast at no charge.

• Written March 6, 2008

4C's Lake Resort

• heaven33leigh profile photo heaven33leigh
  • Reviews: 2

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Casablanca Deluxe Room: Andanita Tagaytay

andanita boasts of great indian food in tagaytay and they also offer accommodations. we took advantage of their soft opening promo rate. the rooms are relatively new. in fact, i think, the casablanca was the only room being offered. the workers were still doing some final touches on the other rooms. their welcome basket included an apple and a bar of nestle chocolate, no water though.

the staff are attentive. they even change the tv set when we complained there were no local channels (they already informed us there's no cable). but they have lots of dvd discs and wifi access too.

the room had free 30minute back massage (which as a blah) or foot reflex for 2 persons.

they offer filipino food for breakfast, with only 2 choices - garlic rice, egg with either tocino or hotdog. hot drinks (coffee, hot chocolate or indian tea), fresh fruits.

we stayed overnight at the casablanca deluxe room. although their hotel is new, it already needed repairs. toilet leaking, cabinets creaking. the remote of the airconditioning was lost (probably taken as souvenir by the one who stayed before us), and there was no water heater (imagine taking a bath in cold tagaytay, during december yet). these are forgivable since they are still on their soft opening stage and as i said, the staff were quite attentive.

casablanca and their maharashtra suite are the only rooms with the taal volcano view direct from the rooms' windows, which was magnificent. they had terrace where you can have your coffee, or something, or simply just relax.

• Related to: Road Trip, Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written December 22, 2007

the casablanca room

• machomikemd profile photo machomikemd
  • Reviews: 7776

Main Wing: Chateau Royale

This is part two of the Chateau Royale Complex tips. Here are more pictures that center on the complex (the first tip is on the rooms especially the log cabins). Like I've Said, Chateau Royale offers endless choices for group fun/ activity, team building, clan or family bonding. Located just after the boundary of cavite province. Chateau Royale offers numerous function rooms, rock face, paint ball, swimming pool, rappeling, basketball, tennis, etc and a lot more for the said group fun.

Take a Pick, whatever you desire like basketball courts, tennis courts, hand ball, paintball, restaurants, log cabins, standard rooms, rock face, rappeling, swimming pool, playground and lots more!

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Food and Dining, Family Travel