Barrio Sungay, Tagaytay, Philippines

Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

• Mistiqshannen1's Profile Photo

We enjoyed our stay!

We checked in last October 2012 in One Tagaytay. I bought the voucher from travel smart which gives me cheaper rate compare to if I will book the same room directly in one tagaytay.
    I only paid 3500 for a one night stay at their deluxe room with free breakfast.

According to the front desk clerk of One Tagaytay it cost around 4100.

Our stay is great.

Though I was just disappointed on their pool. I checked on some reviews before that their pool is heated but it's not. I have to go down the pool and go up immediately and sit and wait beside the pool for my body to adjust on the coldness of the weather and the pool. I have my kid with me and my kid dont want to swim.. So after few minutes I was able to swim for 1 hr.. Your body will get used to it. But I would still love if they will have it heated. Pool is small but good enough if there are only 2-3 family with one kid or 2 that swam the pool else you will no longer enjoy its space.

The first room we were check in was in room 521 which we found out that the aircon is not functioning. after one hr or so we were able to transferred at 421. The sad thing is instead of my husband to join us right away swimming he has to wait for the person or advice from the front desk on where we will be transferred and seems takes an hr or so.. So he didnt enjoy much the pool..

The room is clean, the TV works fine, the CR is clean and they have good heated shower.
    Aside from those things we did enjoyed our stayed there. and still will be coming back.

As for the location quite to far from the Rotonda where there is an access to jeepneys to go to other places like restaurants etc. Along one tagaytay, you have to take the tricycle that cost around 40-50 pesos just to go to rotanda.

But if you have car, this wont be a problem.

• Front Desk

I had a business trip in tagaytay a couple of days ago and upon research on price and quality of room, i decided to book a twin sharing room at One Tagaytay Place. The place is good, and also the food, but the one thing that pissed me off are the hotel personnel, they are so arrogant, specially the personnel in the front desk, if i'm not mistaken her name is "ARVY" i'm just asking a simple question, but she didnt no what to answer me, then make face with me then she turn back at me and leave me in the front desk.. another one is when i call the front desk for a room service, "arvy" answer the phone, and pretend that she is not hearing anything and hang up on me, TWICE. I hope this will not happen to other people, because one tagaytay hotel is a nice hotel, but unfortunately personnel are so ARROGANT!!!!

• parlorfix's Profile Photo

An Ok Accommodation

We stayed overnight for free at this hotel back in Feb 2010 while on a work assignment but I can objectively say that it was a good one-- not exceptional, but I've nothing to complain about it either. The food was just awesome, the service was prompt, and the complimentary massage was very relaxing. I was also very much satisfied with the room we got.

I would recommend this place for people who are looking for a place to stay in Tagaytay that's a bit secluded from the rest of the famed city. Despite being located on the other side of the main road though, you can still see a magnificent view of the verdant hills of Tagaytay.

Unique Quality: We went for a swim at the pool and it's freezing cold. You'll eventually get used to the temperature though, but I'm pretty sure you won't stand swimming in it for hours. The gym was clean and the gym equipments were new. The hotel also featured a very elegant ballroom that could be great for weddings and other types of social gatherings.

Directions: Turn left at Tagaytay Rotonda... the hotel is located behind 7-11.

• uysijessa's Profile Photo

could've been better for the rates offered

we stayed for one night only as main purpose of our stay was just to sleep over prior to an early morning wedding the following day. we checked in around 10:30pm and my comments are all below:

cons:
    1) while we understand that the since it was late there wouldn't be many people checking in ergo less front desk staff, we were still made to wait around 15mins by the sole front desk agent while he attended to the korean guest who was discussing with him their requirements/schedule for the next day and which was obviously going to take more than 15mins. if we hadn't gotten mad they would've gone on and on and made us wait. it would have been better if he excused himself with his korean guest to give us a few minutes. mind you, our check-in process was finished in 5mins!

2) the bathroom was small that it was a bit of a tight squeeze inside. nope, you can't brush your teeth at the same time as the bathroom would get crowded. also, for a 1-bedroom suite i can't believe they don't have a bathtub.

3) we stayed in the 3rd floor (we had requested for a room at the upper floors to avoid hearing noise from the streets but was not granted our request) and you can hear the tricycles/motorcycles as they pass through even at night. good thing we were dead tired and slept like the dead.

4) bed was too short! the bed was only about 5"7 long (height of my boyfriend). so i can just imagine my brother (who's 6 feet tall) complaining endlessly should he stay at this hotel.

5) we requested for a room with a balcony (even a small one) as we were smokers. while we were given a balcony to step outside was a real trial (ask my boyfriend and you'll never hear the end of it!). we couldn' understand why you'd place some sort of japanese/korean style curtains/blinds that go up and down instead of sideways when you know that there's a sliding door right behind it. worst of all, if you draw the curtains/blinds up there's no latch or something to hold the blinds/curtains up! WTF?! my bf had to be resourceful and ingenious to figure a way to make the curtains/blinds hold (he ended up tying the string that draws the damned shade up to the railing of the balcony)...unbelievable!

6) while there were 2 TVs in the room, the reception of the one inside the bedroom was really bad (fuzzy) compared to the one in the living/dining area. so if you wanted to lay in bed and watch TV forget it!

7) driveway to the parking was impossibly narrow. whoever designed the building surely must have thought of parking as an afterthought as the driveway leading to the parking was not well-thought of and designed. my boyfriend and i are fairly good drivers and we sure do know how to squeeze our car in tight spots (that's what you learn when you study in la salle) but man oh man, we had to maneouver our car a couple of times just to enter the basement parking!

pros:
    1) there was a coffee maker with free coffee, cream and sugar sachets in the room as well as a microwave oven and refrigerator.
    2) breakfast was okay, not much variety but taste was okay.
    3) bedsheets, towels, bathrobes were clean
    4) toiletries were provided

so to the question of whether we'll stay here again or not....most likely not.

Directions: turn left (going in the direction of tagaytay highlands) upon reaching the rotunda.

• Good Room sans the Food

The room was small yet it was cozy.
    Bed was a bit stiff though.
    There was not enough space for two in their closet.
    Service was okay.
    Food was terrible! Bangus was too oily!

Unique Quality: Close to 7-eleven and rowena's tart branch

• iclee's Profile Photo

Choices

We stayed once in the old Tirona and their rooms are very basic. When we came back in the renovated Tirona, we decided not to stay there because they would not even allow us to park in their premises.

Starflower looks more like a sleazy motel than a hotel. We did an ocular but left soonest after seeing the dingy premises.

Dont restrict yourself near the venue bec Tagaytay is such a small place to go around in. You wont find it difficult to move from your hotel to Calaruega especially early in the morning.

Hotel Dominique, Eminaroma (near Pink Sisters, Casa Marcos, Casa de Carlo(PHP1000/nt)are additional options that you may want to check out, too.

• If you know anyone who is a member ....

It's a country club and more. Probably the best in the country - golf, horseback riding, swimming pools, sauna, bowling, squash. Great restaurants.

Unique Quality: Accomodations range from Houses, Cottages, Condos, hotel style rooms, "nipa huts" with a small pool, and campsites ( tents and all included).

Comments