Aguinaldo Highway, Km 60, Tagaytay, Luzon, 4120, Philippines

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• Lousy service at Taal Vista Hotel

This is a beautiful hotel, offering a very good view of the Taal Volcano. However the services is lousy! They made us wait for an hour when we checked-in because they were still cleaning the room. When we got back, it was still not yet ready! We waited for another 15 minutes and no one accompanied us to the room. We have to ask around were it is! When we called for room service, they told us that the breakfast is free at the restaurant. So we went down to eat, only to be be publicly humiliated when we got out of the restaurant because we didn't pay. They said it was a miscommunication and that breakfast was not free. Duh!!! Oh and did I mention that our stay here was for our honeymoon, super badtrip!!!

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

A View To A THRILL!

Taal Vista Hotel is a Classic in Tagaytay City, It provides the Best Views of Taal Volcano and Taal Lake. It was recently renovated and is currently managed by the Fuego Hotels and Properties International. They now added an annex building wherein most of the new rooms are located. The rooms are very roomy and they have a wide bathroom and tasteful room design.
    The hotel is strategically located at the center of tagaytay and from there you can plan many activities to nearby attractions, dining places and nite spots. examples are casino filipino wherein you just cross the street. Antonio's Garden is just 10 minutes from here, sonya's garden is 15 minutes away, starbucks is 5 minutes away.

Unique Quality: All rooms offer spectacular views of the verdant gardens or the Taal lake and volcano. All are l fully-equipped with cable television, IDD/NDD telephone, mini-bar, coffee and tea-making equipment and in-room safe. Cafe-on the-ridge, the hotel's signature restaurant, offers a treasure trove of culinary delights, serving the best of local and international cuisine - from signature European dishes to Asian and Filipino favorites usually in a buffet setting.. The bar is ideal for entertaining and socializing as the tropical sun sets in the evening and is open up to 2 am in the weekends.

Taal Vista Hotel is the Jumping Point for any activity you want whether going to taal volcano crater, going to the beaches of nasugbu, indulge in golf at tagaytay highlands.

Directions: 60 Aguinaldo Highway , Tagaytay City (In front of Mc Donalds Burger and Casino Filipino Entrance)

More about Taal Vista Hotel

Best Hotel in Tagaytay

by tortoise128 about Taal Vista Hotel

About 5 kms out of town, the Taal Vista has rececently been completed renovated. Another 60 rooms are currently being built as well.

The view are spectacular, and the hotel itself is luxurious.

The hotel has put a lot of effort into their restaurant, and the meals are to die for. I cannot recommend the restaurant highly enough.

Aside from dining, having a drink at the bar and soaking up the views, there's not a lot to do at the hotel itself, but it is a magnificent spot to unwind for a few days.

There is a casino across the road, but it's pretty small and run down.

By the way, don't believe the Lonely Planet review of the Taal Vista Hotel. It was obviously written before the renovation. I checked out Days Hotel as a comparison. Days Hotel also has superb views (and is very close to the centre of town) but it is very dowdy in comparison to Taal Vista Spectacular views. Great restaurant and very luxurious. I've put more photos into a Travelogue, so that you can get a feel for the place.

Convention Venue

by santeria01 about Taal Vista Hotel

Our organization chose Taal Vista Hotel for our retreat/convention. We went there 29 April 2009. Accommodation is paid for by the organization, and everyone gets to have his/her own room. No sharing! :-) I heard each room here costs around US150 per night.

So, the retreat went around one and a half day. We never ran out of food. :-) Food is good (there was an instance though that the bread dessert tasted old). I never had the chance to try the pool as it was raining and all. I liked the time when we were entertained with Filipino cultural dances during our lunch break. Our foreign colleagues of course, joined the dance. :-)

I was assigned a room at the new wing, i was told. I checked my friend's room at the old wing, and she has a tub, while mine don't! Just weird. But my room compensated with an LCD TV. Though i'd still like it better if my room has a tub. :-( So for those who'd like a tub, request for the old wing room! :-)

I was given complimentary choco chip cookies in my room. Being a cookie monster, it's a plus. yum!

At the far end of Tagaytay

by drunkenmaster4 about Sunrise Holiday Mansion

Sunrise Holiday Mansion is sort of a 3 star hotel. I would say the facility is good but seems to be/feel old as their architecture are traditional hotel architecture.

The cost maybe similar or close to that of Taal Vista Hotel, the premier hotel in Tagaytay to date so you may better off staying there. They don't serve breakfast as part of the accomodation compared to Taal Vista. They are also located at the far end of Tagaytay, in fact in Alfonso Cavite. I would say if there is, the bats who live on their basement parking would definitely be unique.

Born Again

by drunkenmaster4 about Taal Vista Lodge

Taal Vista Lodge is one of the earliest hotel in Tagaytay. I would rank Taal Vista during those times as that of Banaue Hostel, Mayon Hotel or Mt. Data Hotel, the only luxurious place to stay on a particular Philippine tourist destination. But Tagaytay today has over a hundred accomodations to choose from.

Good thing for Taal Vista, after being acquired by SM Properties, it didnt end up as one of the "old" places. It is currently at par or even one of the best place to stay in Tagaytay. They are currently expanding. Taal Vista is a popular wedding reception area especially for weddings held in Calaruega. Although the rate is similar to Manila hotels, its acceptable as they offer the same level of experience from room to the breakfast buffet.

The hotel has a small swimming pool outside and is located at the heart of Tagaytay where the action is. Spectacular view of Taal Volcano and Taal Lake.

Good Service and the best Taal Volcano view

by KookieDough about Taal Vista Hotel

The room was good, but nothing grand. I was expecting a bit more, because it is priced quite higher than the usual - 5,200 PHP net for a standard room.

It is normally cool in Tagaytay, especially in the evening, so it would have been nice if they carpeted the floor. But the king-size bed was nice and the linens were fine, too. The duvet was comfy enough.

Some parts of the bathroom tiles were slightly chipped. But it was clean.

The complimentary breakfast buffet was good. Selection was enough to satisfy any guest.

The service was commendable. We actually checked in here because of the recent blackout in Metro Manila. No hotels were available in the metro so we went here. When I called them initially, there was not any available room, too, but the front office personnel told me she will call me back to check on any cancellation. True enough, she did call me back after about 15 minutes. When we got there, everyone was still gracious even if the hotel was packed and it was already 10 o'clock in the evening. I guess the service made every peso spent worth it.

If you have a little more on your budget, it would be good to stay here. This is where you can have THE view of our famous Taal Volcano when dining al fresco. Perhaps this is where all those postcard creators got all their still shots of this landscape. Don't expect, though, that you can have this view from your room.

Day's Hotel

by keytie03 about Day's Hotel at Rotonda

Our stay was quite good. We enjoyed the room (especially the jacuzzi). The food was okay - we had quite a good one on the first day - we get to choose from the menu. On the second day - we had a buffet just okay but quite filling.

The service was excellent - the staff we're all friendly and accomodating.

I would recommend this hotel since, its just near rotonda. But doesnt have the best view as Taal Vista ^_^

by AlbuqRay

"Definitely a Great View"

We did not stay at the Taal Vista Hotel. We just stopped to see the view from the backyard. It was as good as advertised. I did check the rates. It was 4950 pesos for a superior room with breakfast for two adults and one child below 12 years old. A deluxe room was 6600 pesos and could accommodate two adults and two children. Suites ran from 7000 to 19,000 pesos.

"Nice Backyard"

The back of the hotel overlooks Taal Lake and its islands.

"Lounge With View"

The lounge was lovely and had a spectacular view. The dining room was right next door and has the same view.

Taal Vista Hotel - Photos

by tortoise128

"Taal Vista - Accomodation"

I've taken some shots of the Taal Visat Hotel to give a better idea of the place. By the way, I have no connection with the hotel. I think it's just a great place to stay.

Here's a view of the accomodation block.

"Taal Vista - Lobby"

And the lobby

"Taal Vista - Bar"

I spent quite a few happy hours here: the bar. By the way, the hotel charges a wine tax if you bring alcohol with you.....it's absolutely prohibitively expensive being about $20US per bottle.

I had some wine with me, and had to have it stored while I was there.

"Main Complex - Right"

Here's the right side of the main building, showing the restaurant.

"Main Complex - Centre"

This looks into the Bar.

"Main Complex - Left"

This is the left side of the complex. This is where the Ball-room / Main Conference room is located. There are also Conference facilities downstairs.

Back of Taal Vista HotelBack of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista HotelTaal Vista Hotel

View from Taal Vista HotelView from Taal Vista Hotel

At the Taal view deck of Taal Vista HotelAt the Taal view deck of Taal Vista Hotel

help!

by shadysz

guys, hus been to tagaytay country hotel already? coz im choosing between tagaytay country hotel and taal vista hotel for my boyfriend's birthday..we love tagaytay but we havent tried the hotels yet and havent seen them yet since we live in cavite as well..so we're always on a day trip, no need to check in to a hotel..his birthday is on july 3 so, can you enlighten me asap..so i can make necessary preparations also..thanks so much..hope to hear a lot from you guys..thanks!

by allelli

tagaytay country hotel is a 3 star hotel only and taal vista is 4 star hotel and a Tagaytay City landmark and the favorite hotel of a visitor in tagaytay and it is newly renovated.

by joysweet

as you are going to a weekday, i can suggest you book with Taal Vista. 5500p for overnight with breakfast; and if you have the SM Advantage card, you get 25% off.

you also might want to check other hotels/inn in the area:
1. the boutique hotel - very romantic but very expensive
2. hotel dominique
3. nurture spa
4. sonya's bed and breakfast

by caloocan56

those hotels are expensive right? well, i was in tagaytay 2weeks ago and i have a small house where i stay, from where i was i saw a place hotel which is cheaper and it was closed to where i live, in fact taal vista hotel was just 10min. drive away from my house,if you are interest on this place i can get the phone no for you, it is also located at mendez east.

thanks!