Tagaytay Econo Inn

Satisfaction Average

More about Tagaytay Econo Inn

staying in Tagaytay Econo Inn

by santeria01 about Tagaytay Econo Inn

The inn was ok for budget-conscious travelers like me. I was given the budget room (which is located on the next building, their Kaye Ryan Grill Restaurant). It has its own T&B, cable TV and stuff. The accommodation also includes breakfast and Media Noche (New Year's eve dinner). No pool, good facilities, view of the Taal lake is fantastic. I expected full breakfast though, which they didn't have. I was informed of a continental breakfast, which should at least have some sausages or bacon, but I found out that they offered only coffee and bread and eggs. So I had to buy the sausages. Sadness. :-(

Their Media Noche was good though. And they had cocktails during the countdown. So that counts for something. :-)

Very artsy cafe

by santeria01 about Java Jazz Cafe

So my nose was too cold to the touch, we decided to have a coffee-somewhere; anywhere! And we chanced on this quaint little coffee shop a few blocks from Tagaytay econo inn. The shop has a homey and artsy ambiance, really relaxing. :-) It has wood furnitures, there are also two small japanese table where we can sit cross legged! And all over its walls are paintings that must be made by the owner of the cafe. I took the "Cafe de Tagaytay" - a concoction of brewed coffee with white chocolate. Yum! My sister had an espresso and my mom - a chocolate fan like me - took the "Tsokolate-eh". Pancake is not so good though. But the ambiance and the coffee made it all up for me.

Jeepney rides are Cheaper!

by sherleh

Going to People's Park in the Sky, Picnic Grove, Good Shepherd Convent (for pasalubong!), Tagaytay Econo-Inn, Royal Taal Inn, Keni Po, Aroma Apartelle, Amora Rooms, 5R, Devt. Academy of the Philippines, Japanese Garden, Tagaytay Gymnasium... go to the jeepney terminal @ Olivarez (just a wee bit before the Olivarez Plaza if you're coming from Manila). Take the jeep bound for/with the signage People's Park in the Sky.

Going to Bag of Beans, Caleruega, RSM, Mi-Jo, Leslie's, Starbucks, Kitaro, Josephine's, Parc Royal, Tagaytay Int'l. Convention Center, Mushroom Burger, Rancho Ferva Lodge, Taal Vista, Residence Inn, Tagaytay City Hall, Mahogany Market, 41st Division USAFFE site... take the jeeps bound for Nasugbu or Mendez.

For those who want to get the freshest beef to take home, you can go to Mahogany Market.

At the Olivarez Plaza you can find there's a drugstore, grocery, photo supplies shop, ATM/banks, ukay(thrift shops) and fast food restos.

At the People's Park in the Sky, there are restos, souvenir and food shops. When going back to Olivarez from there, wait for the jeepney going down the park. The driver will drop you off at the terminal, then from the terminal, you can get a ride going back to Olivarez.

Although you can ride a tricycle, they ask for a higher fare. 3X the jeepney fare, actually.

please help me!!

by winkypinky

me and my boyfriend is planning to go to tagaytay this coming november 2 for the celebration of our anniversary, but unfortunately, we have no idea about where can we find cheap transients or cheap hotel that can accomodate the two of us. we will be staying there for only one night and our budget is only up to 5 thousand, can you help me find cheap transients or hotels and will 5 thousand be enough for us for our stay there in tagaytay? and what activitites can we do there? thank you!

by StefanosS

I visited Tagaytay twice, but never stay at night. I know you can find rooms for about 1500 pesos, in front of picnic groove, just negotiate. I suggest you to have a lunch at Sonya's Garden, that is about 500 per person but wonderful place for your anniversary, make a reservation by phone. Check the tips about Tagaytay. The most expensive is not always the best.

by edwinic

I say if its anniversary, dont look for cheapy place, cheap food and cheap entertainment. Do it some other time but not on anniversary.

But, thats just me...

by winkypinky

can you suggest some hotels which are not expensive but is quite nice to stay. and what are the activities we can do there? thanks a lot!

by winkypinky

well actually we are not after the expensive hotels and food there. we're just there to have a quality time together.

by cyndymc

Your P5th can already book you in a premiere rm w/ view of Taal Volcano & Lake at Tagaytay Econo Inn, or a nice rm at Days Hotel, or a cozy rm at Boutique B&B.

by edwinic

thats better!

affordable, money's worth, basic, least expensive...use the terms but not CHEAP - unless you are.

by winkypinky

i found a hotel that is less expensive, is keni po hotel nice?

by winkypinky

oh sure thanks. and for your information, we are not cheap.

by cyndymc

I haven't heard of keni po. You know, if you have a private vehicle, you can just drive along Aguinaldo Hi-way in Tagaytay and check out the inns first. We pass by Tagaytay almost every week on the way to our clubhouse in Alfonso, and I noticed so many new inns and B&B, some with signs of their rates (below P2,000). You might have to make advance reservation though if you plan to go on November 2 because many people go to Tagaytay on the weekend of All Saints Day.

by nerissadonato

Why not try Taal Vista Lodge? They have a promo that is just within your budget. Or Robinson's Summit Ridge Hotel.It is along the National Highway, has its own supermarket and with a number of restaurants you can choose from without leaving comforts of the hotel.

by winkypinky

hmm. actualy we will just take a public bus in going there. keni po has nice facilities, i already checked their website and the rate of their room is 1,800 per night.

by winkypinky

i think taal vista is quite expensive :)

Comments