Lantaka Hotel

Costs More than similar hotels

See Nearby Hotels

Tags

Family Travel

Standard Room needs quality care too!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 6, 2012

We booked two standard rooms with the price per room is 2,212 Phil. pesos per night. The room we stayed is very disappointed. The pillow is very hard and it give you neck pain. The T.V. is very old and some parts is broken, head board fallen apart,flush toilet does not work properly and aircon leaking. We couldn't sleep in morning due to street noise eventhough they gave us sea view. No elevator,old smelled buliding. Same complaints also from my relative that their room needs lots of improvement.
The good things I can give from the security,helper,room service and some from the receptionist.
As they told me the rooms that will give too me is newly renovated but still in old building. I made a research and found Grand Astoria hotel is less expensive but their standard room will give a good satisfaction to their clients. If they don't give important about my disappointed experienced at Lantaka ,this will be my first and last stay with this type of hotel. Next time I will stay at Orchid Garden Hotel or Grand astoria hotel if will visit zamboanga city. The rooms needs lots of improvements are 202,206,208 and so on...

sanres's Profile Photo

Lantaka Hotel of Today

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 13, 2011

The Lantaka Hotel of yesteryears was a well run hotel with courteous and friendly staff. I am talking about the time when Mr. Reyes was running the show. It was a home away from home where you feel the genuine hospitality of the staff which makes a hotel as it should be.All these seem to be gone now and mere memories in the recesses of my mind.

All these nostalgia was what encouraged me to recommend the hotel to my friends visiting Zamboanga City for the first time and booked a suite at the 4th floor located in the new wing overlooking the sea, which is supposed to be one of the best rooms. I still love the hotel and if given the chance, wld restore it to its former glory as a proper hotel. But I cannot help comment about the incompetence, inefficiency and unprofessional staff who seem to think that they are running a pension house and treat their guests like some cheap travellers.The air-con to the room sold to my guests wasnt working on the first day and the pipeline for the hot and cold shower never worked throughout the 5 days stay despite daily promises and each time my guests found themselves dozing off tired from waiting, without having a chance to take their shower. My guests backed out about the prospect of transferring to a cheaper room located in the old wing, with a working air-con when they were horrified to see a couple of cockroaches crawling around corners of the room they were about to transfer and retreated to the original room.Never mind the heat.

My 2 guests sharing the suite were provided with only a single small bar of soap and when they asked housekeeping for a packet of coffee and hot water in the room was told to go down in the coffee shop to get it themselves. Of course, this rattled the old woman who is a world traveller as she was not used to this level of hospitality from a supposedly 3 Star Hotel or trying to be.Not sure anymore if there are any stars left. Of course, their room was never cleaned nor their beds fixed with clean sheets for up for 4 days already. All these complaints were made at the front desk and reported to management. But, adding insult to injury, when one morning after their 3rd night, as they were about to leave for another tour, my guests were asked by the front desk man to check-out from the hotel when my guests requested for a discount because they were not provided with the facilities that they were paying for. My guests refused to check out of the hotel because they have booked the suite days before their arrival. It was then we decided to complain to the Department of Tourism next door about the shabby treatment of my guests and the shabby treatment they received. I had to apologize to my guests about the embarrassing situation. We left for another tour anyway and ignored the front desk's demand. However, the room was all made up, the bed sheets changed and the soap dish overflowing with soap when my guests came back from the tour. Apparenlty, they decided to give my guests a better treatment upon learning that they were VIPs connected with a very powerful institution who could send them to Kingdom come.Now that is discrimination. First the shoddy treatment if you are a nobody and a King if you are somebody. Now I understand why old-timers no longer patronize the hotel. I have just been absent too long and lived in the past.The hotel needs a major major overhaul or maybe, they are better off transferring to Bolong and learn how to fish. The ambiance is incomparable but I will never ever recommend this hotel until they put their acts together. It is an embarrassment and reflects on the character of the Zamboanguenos.

Unique Quality: Ambiance and location.

Nearby Lantaka Hotel

Lantaka Hotel

• Lantaka Hotel Zamboanga

Address: Ns Vallderoza St., Zamboanga, 7000, Philippines

Zamboanga Travel Forum

Need advice about Zamboanga, Philippines? Visit the Travel Forum for Zamboanga and ask our Answer Gurus.

Zamboanga Travel Guide