Changi Village Hotels

• ATXtraveler profile photo ATXtraveler
  • Reviews: 2076

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Le Meridien - Changi Village: Close to the Airport

During a business trip to Singapore, I had a very early flight on to Penang (I think 6am). I decided rather than sleep in Singapore, and drive the 30 minutes to the airport, I would just stay as close as possible to the airport, and still get my Starwood points.

The Le Meridien Changi Village is alot higher end than I would expect for a airport hotel. It reminded me alot of the W hotel chain in the US, which is designed for a younger more urban crowd. Very dimly lit upon entry, the scene reminded me of a pool area. The attendants were very helpful, and quickly I was off to my room.

I called down later to find out where I could find some Roti Prata, and they told me it was available right next door, but to watch out for the lady boys.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel only if you are taking an early or late flight, as there was much more to do in downtown Singapore.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written April 7, 2007

• signedbytheo profile photo signedbytheo
  • Reviews: 23

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Changi Village Hotel - Le Meridian: Changi Village Hotel - Le Meridian

We got married at the rooftop of this hotel. Organisation by the hotel was really crap, our backup venue for the solemnisation during bad weather was double booked by the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, it was raining...very heavy rains. Bad weather venue was not available so the hotel would dump us into the bistro of the hotel. Of course we didn't accept it and we request to wait for 30 minutes and to get married on the rooftop. Hotel management first reaction was ' impossible ' but after long talks with them, and showed that they where wrong with the double booking, we got fiat from them to wait & we got finally married on the rooftop :)

For the rest, nice hotel, luxeous rooms & a swimmingpool on the rooftop with a view on the beach...

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Business Travel
  • Written January 18, 2006

• studiopaparazzi profile photo studiopaparazzi
  • Reviews: 15

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Changi Village Hotel - Le Meridian: Changi Village Hotel - Le Meridian

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Business Travel, Spa and Resort, Luxury Travel
  • Written December 16, 2005

• victorwkf profile photo victorwkf
  • Reviews: 4529

Le Meridien Chang Village Hotel

This hotel is located in Changi Village near to the Changi Beach and a ferry ride from the beautiful island of Pulau Ubin. Also, this location is near to the Changi Airport and is good for those people who wants to live in a hotel away from the busy city area.

This hotel had just undergone a major renovation and has opened again.

• Opinion of Price: about average