101 Victoria Street, Singapore, 188018, Singapore

Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• a60's Profile Photo

Great Location

Once again I stayed here last week and I really love this hotel. Nothing flashy but a great place to stay. The Allson Hotel is situated between 2 MRT's and easy walking distance to Bugis Street and Funan. The hotel has the standard pool and gym and it also has a laundromat coming off the pool area. The buffet breakfast was a great way to start the day - continental or asian style. The rooms are very clean with private safe and cable TV. It was fantastic to see that the staff were the same from my visit 2 years ago. The concierges Mano and Suilami will do anything to help you during your stay. They know the city and are very friendly and they actually rembered us from our previous visit, particularly my son who is a tall, blonde and talkative Australian. I will definitely stay there on my next visit.

Unique Quality: Beautiful dark asian furniture gave a very exotic feel to the hotel.

Directions: Several blocks from Bugis Street.

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Convenient location

We stayed 3 nights and were quite pleased with our room. Exceptionally clean and a fabulous breakfast . The staff are quite friendly and helpful with directions etc. The tour desk is helpful as well.

Unique Quality: Wlking distance to Bugis Village for shopping.

Directions: Within Central Business District

• salisbury3933's Profile Photo

Good accommodation in central Singapore

We organised this accommodation at the airport and paid $125 Singapore dollars for a double room.

The room itself was of good quality, and the hotel has a gym and a pool. The service was good as well as reliable. I will be recommending this hotel to my in-laws when they visit Singapore later on this year.

• imstress's Profile Photo

Allson Hotel Singapore

The Allson Hotel Singapore provides travellers with modern facilities with the best of traditional oriental charm.

It is strategically located within the Central Business District and is within walking distance to Suntec City, the City Hall MRT, Raffles City Shopping Centre, Bugis Junction and Village, Marina Square, the Singapore Art Museum and the Civic Art Centre.

From the hotel, there is also easy access to Singapore Changi International Airport (only 20 minutes drive away), the Orchard Road shopping belt, Little India and other places of interest.

You can try the food court which is just beside the hotel.

Directions: 8 mins walk to City Hall MRT Station

More about Allson Hotel Singapore

Ideal stopover hotel

by sarahreynold about Allson Hotel

Close to Bugis Street Junction. Comfortable rooms. Good value for money, popular for those having a stopover or wanting a business hotel at a reasonable price. Good location and pleasant staff. Good value for money.

My stay at Allson Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LohPL954

The location of the Hotel is just walking distance to a few interest sites. Further to that the bus services is plenty and convenient (just across the Hotel there is a bus stop to take people to some of the famous shopping centers in Singapore and Chinatown).

The staff are friendly and is always ready to help or assist in anyway they can. Also I noticed that the Hotel is very accomodative when extras is needed for the room.

Food serve is ok but could be better if there are more varieties in the Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. However, it is somewhat balance by restaurants or hawkers stalls situated at the side of the Hotel who serves fantastic food for lunch and dinner only.

Overall, I think my stay in Singapore's Allson Hotel is well worth it and I don't mind going back to stay at the Hotel in my next trip.

Well located hotel and at a reasonable price

by paulwf about Allson Hotel

This hotel is nicely located to the famous Raffles Hotel. As a result it is also well located to restaurants, malls, and the river. This hotel is a good balance of price, location and facilities. The room was a nice size but the decor was a bit dated. The bathroom was also a nice size and clean. One minor problem I had was that when you left the room the power was cut, which meant you couldn't recharge batteries for you camera etc. On the whole I would stay again. It has internet access in each room via ethernet. And it is well located to restaurants, malls etc.

Nothing Grand At All

by arianne_1504 about Grand Pacific Hotel (ex Allson Hotel)

Unpleasant, unpleasant and unpleasant.

First class business hotel my ass!!! Be warned - this hotel looks nothing like what it does on the website. I would never recommend anyone stay here and am very upset that I subjected my Mum to 4 nights in this hotel.

Except for the two receptionists, the staff were rude. The doorman even snapped at us when we went to take our own bags to our room. Extremely noisy room floor - it was as if the walls were paper thin. The person in the room next to us seemed as though he lived there and we had to listen to his daily routine (including morning pee and doorbell ringing when someone came to collect him - just what you want when you are on holidays and trying to sleep in!) Smelt very musty. One temperature in the room - freezing. No laundry powder provided in the laundrette - which would have been fine if we were told that when we asked reception to change our notes into coins so we could use the laundrette - not impressed at tracking our bundles of laundry down the windy stairs only to find no powder, then had to take the laundry back to our roooms, go and get powder from the 7-Eleven and then track the clothes back down to the laundry. Very expensive too (especially given we had to provide our own powder). One day, we had no replacement toilet roll and no hand towels. Internet prices were daylight robbery

The location was good - its only good redeeming feature. None at all.

Loved the Allson!!

by TripAdvisor Member wend0100

I stayed at the Allson for 2 nights on the way home to Australia from the UK, and was very pleasantly surprised!! This hotel provides excellent value for money!! The room I had was spacious and spotless, plus there was a very nice pool area. The breakfast was much better than I had expected, nad the hotel is very centrally located with Orchard Road etc , Chinatown and Little India within easy walking distance. All in all a great experience and I would recommend to anyone looking for good value accomodation!!

A Lovely Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member a60

Nothing flashy but a great place to stay. The Allson Hotel is situated between 2 MRT's and easy walking distance to Bugis Street and Funan. The hotel had the standard pool and gym and it also had a laundromat coming off the pool area. The buffet breakfast was a great way to start the day - continental or asian style. The rooms were very clean with private safe and cable TV. The staff were fantastic, especially the concierges. They knew the city and were very friendly. I will definitely stay there on my next visit.

Allson Hotel or Tristar Inn Hotel

by ThePeoplesElbow

Hello

I have narrowed down hotels to Allson (Marina Bay) and Tristar Inn
(Geylang).

Both have got good reviews from asia rooms and both have a pool.

Allson is A$95 Tristar is A$56

Does anyone know these hotels and whether one is twice as good as the other ?

Cheers

by imstress

I would say for for Allson Hotel becos it is situated in Bugis area which is very convenient for shopping and it is in town. With Bugis MRT station nearby and many food nearby, this will be a better choice.

Tristar is located in the red light district and does not have nearby MRT Train station.

It pays to pay a few more dollars for the mor pleasant environment.

by DarkRay

I agree with imstress. Go with Allson, which incidentally is not really in the Marina Bay area. Try to avoid any hotels in Geylang because I think the area is getting more seedy lately.

Besides the good proximity (10 minutes walk) to MRT station, there is this 24 hours food court to the right of Allson hotel that serves some really delectable hawker fares and Bugis Junction Mall as well as Raffles City Shopping Centre are close as well.

Just my 2 cents.... :-)

by ThePeoplesElbow

Thanks for answers

Allson it is

Cheers

by aukahkay

The Allson Hotel is located on Victoria Street in the heart of the city. It is certainly better than Tristar Inn in Geylang, which is a sleazy red-light district.

Comments