STAY IN THE AIRPORT
Do you have an early morning flight? Rather than worrying about the MRT and Taxis, why don’t you stay IN the Airport? There are 2 Transit Hotels located in Terminals 1 and 3. They have rooms in ‘Block’ of 6 hours, but you can stay as long as you like. They charge by the hour after the first Block. The better of the 2 is in Terminal 1 as you will have free access to the Swimming Pool & sundeck, Jacuzzi and Gymnasium! Even if you do not stay here, you can still pay and use these facilities by going to their desk in Terminal 1. I did!
They have 2 types of rooms:
BUDGET ROOMS (Shared showers & toilets)
• Wake-up call service (now that’s important!)
• Colour TV
• International telephone access
• En-suite bathroom
• Complimentary coffee & tea making facility
A FEW REMINDER FROM THEIR WEBSITE:
* PLEASE DO NOT CLEAR IMMIGRATIONS/CUSTOMS AS AMBASSADOR TRANSIT HOTELS ARE SITUATED ON LEVEL 3 WITHIN THE DEPARTURE TRANSIT LOUNGE
* Reservations can be made personally at our reception counter or via fax, telephone or online
* Advance reservation of 3 to 4 weeks is advisable
* Reserved room(s) will be held for 45 minutes after arrival of flight or 15 minutes after requested reserved time. Flight delays will be taken into account
* Rates are non-negotiable. Prepayments are non-refundable
* Payment upon check-in
* Room rates quoted are based on a minimum charge of One Block (6 Hours)
THEY HAVE SOME GREAT FACILITIES :
• A Swimming Pool/Sundeck, Jacuzzi and Gymnasium (available in Terminal 1 only)
• Business Centre
• Passenger Meeting Service
• Transpa (Hair, Beauty, Aromotherapy)
• Dining (Poolbar & Vegetarian options) – basic, you can go into the terminal for better options
• Recreation (Shower, Gym, Swimming)
Directions: Ambassador Transit Hotel Terminal 1 is situated within the Departure Transit Lounge East at the Split point leading to Gates E20 to E28 and D30 to 49
Transit Hotel: must meet requirements!
For those with connecting flights in Singapore, you are allowed to stay at the Transit Hotel which is located after the immigration checkpoints in Terminal 1 and 2. Recently, I arrived at 1 a.m. and did not want to go into the city to a hotel. The Transit Hotel did allow me to stay even though I was not a transit passenger. People who have not checked into their flights do not have access to the airside part of the terminal where the transit hotels are located.
The Changi airport website has a link. In 2006, a single room was about $57 (approx. US$40) with a bath and cheaper for a shared bath.
The hotel is quiet even though about half of the rooms in the Terminal 1 transit hotel overlook the gates. You may enjoy the view although you will only have a view of one gate.
Here's a photo of some of the free internet terminals in Terminal 2. There is free internet in Terminal 1 and 2. I do not know if they are available in the new Budget Terminal.
Unique Quality: Very convenient for airport passengers.