76 Bras Basah Rd, Singapore, 189558, Singapore

Agoda.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 57% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• vinc_bilb's Profile Photo

Uniquely Carlton Singapore …

I came two times in Carlton Hotel in July 2008 and, even if the Hotel was full, I had a great experience here:
    - Carlton Hotel is conveniently located in the center (shopping malls, 5 minutes walk away from Cultural and Entertainment zones, 100m from Chijmes)
    - Overall Hotel infrastructure and accommodations are good, closed from excellence compared to the rates (rooms, restaurants, outdoor swimming pool ...)
    - Staff members are really "service focus", efficient, friendly and helpful
    - Fitness center is excellent, and prices and quality of the massages are really good

I’ll stay again in Carlton when I’ll have to go back to Singapore. Uniquely Carlton Singapore … A great experience!

Unique Quality: Location
    Accomodations and infrastructure
    Staff members

• barbskie's Profile Photo

Central location

Unique Quality: This accomodation is just a crossroads of Singapore’s largest underground shopping mall, financial area and convention centre. Within walking distance from Little India, Singapore Art Museum and Chinatown. It has easy access to the city as City Hall and Bugis Junction MRT Stations are a stroll away. Chimes is just a stone away.
    We had a superior room, neat and clean with city views and air conditioned. We got 2 single beds. Bathrooms have a bathtub with an overhead shower. Has free safety deposit box and all other of their hotel standard facilities like, satellite TV, telephone, Internet Connection, Minibar, Tea & Coffee Making Facilities and room service.
    Non-Smoking Rooms are available.

Directions: Close to Chimes and the University of Singapore

• aussirose's Profile Photo

Recommended by a vt'er

This Hotel was recommended to me by a nice Singapore vt'er DarkRay. And on top of that I happened to see a good special in a travel brocure so I showed it to my Travel Agent and before we knew it, we had ourselves a good deal....stay 4 nights/ pay 3 - breakfast included!! Bargain.

Unique Quality: The staff were very friendly and helpful, breakky food was nice and it was in quite a good location, near Raffles, Raffle City and the train station.

Also the rooms were quite large and the bathrooms very roomy.

• DarkRay's Profile Photo

Dependable Business Class Hotel

I have a thing about staying at the hotels in my own country. Hey, if I cannot find the time to get out of my country, at least I try to take a mini holiday within Singapore itself!

Carlton Hotel is located very centrally near the City Hall Area, with close proximity to just about the most important shopping places in Singapore.

Normally I like to indulge a bit in 5-star hotels, but I decided this time round to instead of staying in a normal room in a 5-star hotel, I can actually spend the same amount of money in one of the better rooms in this 4-star hotel and what an excellent idea that was!

The room allocated to me was on the "Club Level", which rooms were not only larger, but their tenants had access to a topfloor clubhouse area with unlimited serving of drinks (throughout the day) and appropriate food during mealtimes. It was actually a good bargain!

Unique Quality: The facilities were okay and standard. Nice, clean rooms. It could had been better if they had allocated me one on a non-smoking floor, but they were out of it then.

Directions: City Hall Area

• imstress's Profile Photo

Carlton Hotel Singapore

Carlton Hotel is strategically located at the crossroads of Singapore's largest underground shopping mall, financial district and convention centres.

Within walking distance are some of Singapore's most popular tourist attractions - Chijmes, Singapore Art Museum, the Esplanade, Merlion Park, National Meseum, Little India, Sultan Mosque, Boat Quay and Clarke Quay.

The Singapore Changi Airport is just 30 minutes from the hotel by car.

Try the Wah Lok Chinese Restaurant.

Directions: 5 mins walk to City Hall MRT Station

• Carlton Comfort

When I stepped into the Lobby, I was taken aback by the hugeness of it, marble floors, water features it looked quite decadent.

I was taken to my room on the eleventh floor (very fast ride if I do say so) stepped into my room and stared in awe the view was amazing, I could see right through the buildings to the costal line and spot the islands on the horizon.

My bed was a huge queen size which drowned me and my 5ft1 height. It was like a penthouse room, wooden furnishing very modern.

A lovely hotel with wonderful people.

Hopefuly I will go back around christmas time, if I do I am definatly staying here again.

Unique Quality: The Cafe Vic situated outside was just as nice, they had two pool tables which we played most nights and sipped Singapore Slings (Yummy)

More about Carlton Hotel Singapore

Reasonable Price - Good Location - Great Facilitie

by Jazzop about The Carlton Hotel Singapore

I only stayed one night on my way to Europe. Check in was quick and the room was great. I shared a room and there was two double beds. The rooms were a good size and the bathroom was good with good pressure in the shower. The hotel was spotless, quiet and comfortable.

The hotel is near Orchid road and you can catch the subway, which is a two minute walk away, or take a cab for about $5.00. There is a good night club across the road (can't recall the name) and some other restaurants nearby. There is also a small mall about a two minute walk away (this is where the subway is).

I would stay here again. For the price (S$140.00) it is great. The pool was great and unlike most hotel pools was quite deep. It wasn't a resort pool but a great wake up or cool down.

Excellent Location

by TripAdvisor Member Rjoc

Spent 3 nights at the Carlton Hotel Singapore last week. The hotel is perfectly located and is only minutes walk from Orchard Road, Bugis Village and the Marina area. It is right next door to the famous Raffles Hotel.

I had reserved a premium room for three people but had to ask reception to have an extra bed brought up. The room itself was fine. Spacious and clean with everything done to a high standard. The bathroom had a seperate shower and tub which is always a plus in my book. Like the previous poster, I also encountered problems with my tv remote and the selection of programming was not great either.

The pool area was small but adequate with a bar, changing rooms and a towel service. The changing rooms/showers and pool can also be used free of charge by guests who have checked out and flying out later.

The breakfast was hugely varied and catered for all tastes. The evening buffet for S$40 offers fantastic value for money and the food is excellent. Highly recommended.

Overall, the hotel offers great value for money and you shouldn't be put off by it's website. Definately doesn't do the hotel justice. I noticed that the hotel is used by the staff of Emirates airline which is always a good sign. I would definately return to this hotel.

Excellent Hotel in good location

by TripAdvisor Member stora

Arrived after a long 13 hour flight and was upgraded on check in.
Nice room with all amenities , quiet hotel and we were well looked after.
Great Location , good breakfast and friendly staff.
Recommended !!

Carlton Singapore

by karen88

Has anyone stayed at Carlton Singapore? What are their thoughts on the hotel? Is it newly refurbished? Are the standard rooms all the same or are some newer than the others? I was going to stay at Pan Pacific but it's fully booked with the Spore stopover package.

RE: Carlton Singapore

by DarkRay

Please see my reply in your other thread with the same heading.... :-)

Comments