Crowne Plaza Hotel Changi Airport

75 Airport Blvd #01-01, Changi Airport - Terminal 3, Singapore, 819664, Singapore

Crowne Plaza Changi Airport Hotel
Agoda.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

Easy to stay here and good price!

I landed at Terminal 1 from off my BA flight from Sydney and went to see the Hotel Reservation desk about hotels in or around the airport as it was already 11pm and had not gone ahead with booking via my travel agent.

The price for a room at the Crowne Plaza just a few minutes away by the Sky Train at Terminal 3 was 295 Singapore dollars or about £155. including taxes. The woman said her price was better than having booked directly with the hotel itself. and her booking gave my booking a Club customer addon which meant access to the Club lounge where there is a gym and free wifi and refreshments and lounge area - which I used for the wifi the next day and helpful lounge staff for info on finding a hotel in the city.

To me this was a bargain for a hotel with a reputation as I was comparing prices that my travel agent had quoted me for hotels in the city being £296 and £356 for 2 nights.

When I checked with reception the price it would have been 295 singapore dollars plus tax still to be added, the next night would have been 345 SD being more expensive for Saturday night plus tax.

As I was very tired I was happy to have a place to stay that could be so simply booked and go to simply with my luggage trolley only a few minutes away.

The reception area was down in the lobby which I had to go down in the elevator to the floorr below - the elevator was boiling as there is no air conditioning in the elevators at the hotel...which the concierge told me later when I asked about it.

Service was very quick and there were 2 porters so my bags were loaded quickly and taken up to my room. I had asked for any room with a view and she had given me the choice of facing the garden or facing the airport...the hotel is laid out with lots of space in between the various sections and with large garden areas below.

The room was spotless and very modernly decorated - huge bed and leather lounge suite.
    Huge flat screen tv, complimentary tea and coffee with kettle to boil your own water and 2 bottles of water and toiletries.

Room service was good as after discussing the menu with the person on the phone I ordered wanton soup with pork as it was only 25 singapore dollars and came with a plate of noodles

Air conditioning in the room was good and as you find out very needed as Singapore is very very humid.
    The inclusive breakfast was amazing - a wide range of international dishes so you could choose food from Chinese, Spanish, English, Japanese menus. and excellent tea and coffee and juices.

Unique Quality: that wifi is not included for a 4-5 star hotel! You could pay a package such as 24 hours for 29 singapore dollars about £15! so i didnt bother and waited until the next morning and took my laptop to the Club lounge for very fast internet.
    This is next to the excellent looking pool.

I caught a taxi into town which would normally cost about 20-30 singapore dollars

Directions: catch the Sky train between terminals

• JotaJota's Profile Photo

Only if you have an early flight

That would be the only reason to stay; it is right next to Terminal 3 and the train to the other Terminals. Did not like the bathroom, made all of glass and without proper isolation. Found the buffet overpriced for the quality of the offerings. In general, the Hotel is overpriced for what it has to offer, but its location is very convenient.

Unique Quality: Only Hotel at the Airport.

Directions: Next to Terminal 3

• Singapore Airport Hotel

The new 4 star Crowne Plaza Hotel Singapore Airport is connected to terminal 3 and also easy to get to Termainls 1 and 2. Compared with rates for downtown hotels the price was reasonable having found a good discount deal. The Crowne Plaza Hotel at Singapore Airport is a welcome as it is the first hotel that is in fact 'at Changi Airport'.
    Pleasent and comfortable rooms, would certainly stay again purely for the convenience.

Unique Quality: Walkway through to terminal 3 at Singapore Airport and also easy to get to and from Terminals 1 and 2

More about Crowne Plaza Hotel Changi Airport

Crowne Plaza Changi

by TripAdvisor Member wallydragon

Unlike other Airport hotels, the Crowne Plaza proved to be a superb place to stay. Firstly, when I visited, it was brand spanking new. You could even smell the 'newness'. Secondly, the location of the hotel is great as it is in Terminal 3. Thirdly, the staffs were so helpful.
We arrived from Brisbane in the evening and found our way to Terminal 3 where the hotel was after a short train ride from the other terminal and checking in was a breeze as the bell boy led us to our room.
The room was superb. Very well designed and modern and it overlooked the pool. It had everything that I wanted. Nice clean bed, nice bathroom , internet access, and even LCD tv with local and sat channels.
Being an airport hotel, one would worry about the noise but you can hardly hear anything from the outside. Just outside the hotel is the terminal itself and you can find everything from food to shopping here. We were so impressed by it all that we decided to extend our stay another night before returning to Malaysia. If you are looking for something convenient, and don't really want to go stay in the city , this is the best choice.
By the way, going into the city with the MRT was also a breeze as the station is in Terminal 3 as well.
I will definitely stay here again.

Uber Chic!

by TripAdvisor Member Iluvtheoutdawz

We recently stayed over at the new Crowne Plaza during a stopover en route to Malaysia. The first thing that strikes you about the property is it's fantastic location, it is in terminal 2 on top of the Changi MRT and with access to a myriad of shops, cafe's and supermarkets. Although we based our short stay at the airport we took the 20 minute train ride into Singapore proper to visit the main tourist attractions without any problems.

The hotel itself resembles something from the pages of Vogue, very impressive decor, the foyer sets the standard for the rest of the hotel with colourful modern furnishings and a glass roof that features a water cascade from the main pool. The rooms themselves are equally impressive, although they are not huge they are very functional and with the glass partitioning seperating the bathroom from the bedroom/living area guests can lie in the bath or take a shower while still enjoying the big screen tv. Despite being in the airport precinct there is very little noise whilst inside the hotel. The hotel pool is based on a maze of landscaped islands and with the Changi air traffic control tower dominating the backdrop makes for some unique holiday snaps!

The staff were extremely helpful without being intrusive and while it is clear the property is still contending with a few teething problems (ie; our taxi driver had no idea of how to get us to the front entrance of the hotel), everyone at the hotel went out of their way to assist. All in all we had a great stay, the hotel definately reflects the Crowne Plaza brand, primarily targeting the business traveller, but we were travelling with two young children and were made to feel very much at home.

The best hotel I've every stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member mesquite69

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel twice in one week, using it as a transit hotel for one night on each trip. It is a great hotel and very easy to get to. Employees were stationed nearby and offered to help me as soon as I got close to the hotel.

I had a deluxe room both times and it was somewhat futuristic. Flat screen TV, modern desk, internet connection (which I did not use). The bathroom was very modern and had both a tub and shower. The entire room was laid out like something out of a James Bond movie, incredible.

The only thing I could complain about was the price, about $200 USD after all taxes. But this is Singapore and you do get what you pay for. And of course the location can't be beat if you want a quiet place to rest up before catching that early morning flight.

On my first stay, the key did not work in the electronic lock. They must have made note of this because on my second stay, an employee accompanied me all the way to my room to open the door for me. Also they had complimentary candy and cookies and a welcome note for me on my second stay. By the way, you CAN drink the tap water, but they don't tell you this unless you ask.

Overall, I would have to say the Crowne Plaza is perhaps the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Also, it's the most expensive.

Very nice

by TripAdvisor Member liveforever

Stayed here for one night as my flight departed from T3 at 7am. Very conveniently located connected direfctly to T3 - it's about a 5min walk from the arrivals gate in T3.

Having opened only at the start of this year it is still in sparkling condition (including that "new building" smell in the lobby). THe hotel design itself is unique - the rooms overlook a garden courtyard and the corridors are all outdoors facing this garden.

The room itself is very chic without being too minimalist and could certainly be regarded as a top hotel in the city (let alone around the airport). Amenities of note in the room include an LCD TV and a Hi-Fi system with Ipod and USB stick docking station - the first I've seen this anywhere. Also features a little sofa at the foot of the bed to watch TV in comfort.

I wasn't in a room that faced the runways, so plane noise was minimal (but still audible) - I can't comment on any of the rooms facing the runway though.

Internet was ridiculously expensive - S$33 for a day is simply extortion considering I could walk to the airport next door and get internet access for nothing.

Would certainly stay here again when transiting through Singapore.

one of the best

by TripAdvisor Member gibbo18

This relatively new hotel offers a wonderful place to rest your weary bones on the Australia-Europe long haul trek. The service from check-in to departure was simply outstanding and is as good as any other hotel that I have ever stayed in (this includes numerous hotels as I travel frequently and often choose the luxury end of the market). We arrived from London at 8.00am and yet were allowed immediate check-in to our room and had a 17.30 departure the next day, yet all was included in a single night rate.

The rooms are extremely spacious, well appointed and very modern (as you might expect). Large screen LCD tv, an enormous shower/bath area with quality provisions and internet access by cable and WiFi all make for a pleasant stay. The food in the restuarants is good to excellent depending on your choice, although all use quality ingredients and interpretations true to style/country of cuisine. The food is somewhat expensive relative to other nearby alternatives but is an obvious high quality product.

However, it is certainly the service and dedication to customer care that impressed me most. My wife and I went for a quiet drink after our children were asleep at 11.00 pm and as we were enjoying our chat, the staff were happy to keep the bar open beyond normal closing (more than an hour) just to service our needs. I find this sort of dedication to customer care unusually amazing unless you are paying a very large premium and while I tipped the bar staff well on our departure this was niether expected nor required.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to all friends and associates. It may even be worth breaking your trip just to enjoy the pleasures of this hotel.

spacious and very comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member drpain2

This new hotel is a welcome addition to the Singapore hotel scene and is a wonderful place to spend the night while in transit at Changi airport.

The room was very spacious and equipped with all the expected mod-cons (internet, LCD TV, stereo with ipod/usb dock). Facing T2 which was quite a distance away ensured a very quite night of peaceful slumber. The beds were somewhat hard at first feel, but I must say that they were exceptionally comfortable and I have never had a better nights sleep (despite my age-related back problems). Separate desk and lounge chair add to the ambience and practical comfort of the room. The bathroom was luxurious and the clever open glass design (which could be closed off if desired) allowed me to enjoy a lengthy soak while watching the TV. Internet use was a little expensive at $33, particularly when one can use the free web service within the airport. Perhaps it should be included in the room rate.

All staff were wonderful and accommodated my every desire with unusual proficiency and attention. I was greeted and helped with my suitcases before I even entered the hotel and the desk staff personally showed me to my room after a quick (and very early check-in). Room service was almost immediate and the nightly turn down service provided some nice touches including a delicious cookie. The restaurant staff noticed that I was eating alone and offered good, cheerful conversation as well as assisting with recommendations for the multitude of available foods. In fact, this hotel had some of the best service that I have ever experienced, anywhere and at any time (and I do travel frequently). Ask for the breakfast special rate when booking on the ICH website as it is quite good value and offers a large smorgasbord of high quality food.

This is certainly the best Crowne Plaza hotel that I have ever stayed in and is a quantum leap above the usual offerings in Australia. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

convenient but some odd features

by TripAdvisor Member visitor069

The rooms are very nice, room service and breakfast buffet both great, however some features of the hotel design are poor:
1. 2 frosted windows with outside light in the room are impossible to screen so the room is not dark for sleeping.
2. the pool changing area has nowhere to put dry clothes while you change.
3. the pool lockers have a padlock and bizarrely you are given a cardboard paper with a complicated combination. There is nowhere to keep this dry while you swim. why not have a key that you can swim with? (I arrived on an early flight and was using the pool prior to check-in, so had valuables with me).
4. the beds are very hard for an international hotel.
5. the keycard is needed to activate the elevator by waving in front of a sensor but there are no instructions in the elevator and I witnessed confused guests on 2 occasions during my 1 night stay.
6. The check in area is poorly designed with a protruding shelf (which is presumably designed for bags) which forms a barrier between guests and staff. Guests stand awkwardly to the side of it to avoid it which is not ideal.
7. on arrival from terminal 2, a notice said airport trolleys must be left outside the hotel, but there was no way to get my heavy suitcase down to reception without the trolley and no staff around to help.
If these problems are ironed out, it will be a fantastic hotel but these small details cumultively made for a mixed experince, which was a shame.

Terrific!

by TripAdvisor Member amlunchlady

We came in to Singapore the night before flying back home. My husbands company booked the hotel for us, and when I found out it was actually right in the heart of the airport...well, I was a little concerned. Of course, I came straight to the hotel web page and to Trip Advisor to see what has been the general opinion... and I got my hopes up... Let me tell you, I was not dissapointed...at all!
Funky, interesting, modern decor... fun for a change of pace in hotel ambiance.
Amazing and helpful staff.
Fabulous rooms.
Good spa (or so hubby says, they only had one appointment open so I let him have it)
Great business lounge (again...great staff)
Airport sounds were minimal and did not keep me up at all.
Simple departure.

One detractor... the pool is only open until 7, so no evening swim. We didn't get back to the hotel until then and our girls, and me too I suppose, were kinda dissapointed not to be able to check it out.

Thanks to the advice of another post about the hotel I also knew how to operate the elevator and the doors... no need to slide the card intot the slot, just hold it up to the sensor. A really cool feature when your hands are full.

Great location with amazing service

by TripAdvisor Member TravellingwithMia

The Crowne Plaza is conveniently located off Terminal 3 at Singapore Airport, making it perfect for a stop over on the way to Australia. The facilities, including the outdoor pool, are luxurious and the hotel is adjacent to a mall and the metro into the city. Unfortunately my baby daughter was ill during our stay but luckily for us the staff were amazingly helpful and kind. I will definitley be staying at this hotel again.

Comments