Empire Hostel

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 21 reviews
Study Abroad School Holidays Work Abroad

empire hostel 41 opal cres

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 3, 2013

Awful terrible worst hostel ever.

1. The manager/ owner was soooo rude. First thing he said was "fill out this form. You need to pay $130"
No hello. Nothing. Then he refused to give us our change which was only $5. We has to ask 4 times!!!

2. We had to pay $30 key deposit WHICH WE DID NOT GET BACK. APPARENTLY THIS HAPPENS A LOT. We had to check out in morning to catch a flight. He said he would come night before but he never came. We rang and rang but he just ignored us.

3. The free breakfast is awful. Not even milk is provided. Its bread. That's it.

4. THE PICTURES YOU SEE ON HOSTELWORLD HOSTELBOOKERS IS FAKE!!!!! The hostel does not look like this.

5. They mention airport shuttle which takes you to hostel. We asked the desk at the airport and they said they don't take tourists there anymore. They refuse. That should have been our first clue.

6. The "manager" kept sexually harrassing me. Pinching me inappropriately. I told him I wasn't interested and to leave me alone. He persisted so I threatened to call the police. He just laughed then got angry.

7. Some jewelery and clothes of mine got stolen. I reported it to the manager and he shouted at me!!! Screaming "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT IT. They are your things. Your responsibility"
Apparently things get stolen all the time

There is a sister hostel near by. And they have the same access key. So other people come in and out all the time.

Previous people who have stayed here have made copies of the locker keys. DO NOT STORE YOUR VALUABES IN THE LOCKERS. The staff also have duplicates.

8. There are only 4 toilet/ shower rooms. So you have to wait for aaaaaaages. And they are dirty.

I have traveled a lot and stayed in a lot of hostel. Honestly WORST HOSTEL IN SINGAPORE. NOT SAFE NOT FRIENLY. Horrible manager who needs to be sacked asap.

putri_jogja's Profile Photo

Easy from and to airport, near from Mustafa Center

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 23, 2011

I stayed 2 times in Empire Hostel in Little India. I can not say it is good hostel, but it is very cheap. My other considerations are it is near from Mustafa Center, and near not far from MRT Station. I can walk from hostel to those places.
And it is also walking distant to Bugis area.
I booked from www.hostelworld.com.
From this website, you can search which hostel that you like.

Empire Hostel

• Empire Hotel Singapore

Address: 202A Syed Alwi Road, Corner of Jalan Besar Opposite Mac Donalds, Singapore, 207735, Singapore

Nearby Empire Hostel

Singapore Travel Forum

Need advice about Singapore, Singapore? Visit the Travel Forum for Singapore and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Singapore hotel reviews