Furama Riverfront

Agoda.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Excellent Location

We have stayed at many hotels in Singapore- the latest being Furama Riverfront. (not to be
    confused with original Furama, which is near Chinatown and recently has been refurbished)

We were absolutely satisfied with this hotel, the room was as advertised- clean, spacious with large tiled bathroom, comfortable Queen sized bed,crispy white bedlinen and pillows to order. Good quality toiletries and soft fluffy towels.
    Usual mod cons (including wi-fi) in room, and free tea, coffee and bottled water.
    We were on 6th floor, with quite a nice view.
    Best of all, we loved the convenient location. It is 5 minute walk from the Singapore River and Clarke Quay. There is a bus-stop right outside the hotel, with frequent buses going to Orchard Road.
    The hotel also has a free shuttle service to Orchard Rd & CBD for guests.
    The service is efficient and friendly, check in was painless.
    There is a Travel Desk and Foreign Exchange in Main Lobby.
    A lady singer entertains in the lounge at night, accompanied by her pianist. Not amazing, but certainly relaxing and welcome after a hectic day of sightseeing, shopping and walking. The drinks are long and ice cold, and snacks are complimentry.

Unique Quality: The white tiled rooftop pool is welcoming - and a swim before bed ended the day well. The heat is, for me, very debilitating. So i always drink plenty of fluids in Singapore. A good idea for everyone. Comfortable Pool Lounge chairs surround the pool, and drinks and light meals served at pool bar.
    A well equipped gymnasium was always busy, a beauty salon, spa, tennis court and conference facilities.
    Loved the bright airy main Lobby, which has a few shops selling jewellery and very expensive clothes.

Directions: Havelock Road, near Boat Quay

• Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo

Good last minute-deals

Very nice 4* hotel in the central parts of the city. The hotel has 595 rooms, so it's not directly one of the smaller ones in Singapore.
    Still great service most of the time and both the restaurants and the bar are really nice and with good food and drinks.

We got a nice last minute-deal that gave us a double room for 90 Sing dollar (45 euro) for the first four nights. More "normal" prices the last two, 170 SGD. Problem in Singapore, which one must always remember, is that there is an extra 17 per cent to pay in tax and service charge.

So no, the fantastic deal you've got isn't always so fantastic when it's time to pay up.

But the staff gave us a complimentary upgrade to a deluxe room, so we were very happy anyway.

Still quite worth the money, also the 170 SGD. The hotel is centrally located, just about 10 minutes walk from the biggest shopping streets. The traffic is quite heavy, but there are plenty of sidewalks to go on without any problem.

The room we got was really nice and big, with a flat screen screen, mini bar and a view over the huge pool and sun deck. Bathroom was also very nice and clean, with a great bath tub where one could lay down after a long day.

There is internet connection in the room, although we never managed to get it working. There is also an internet room next to the reception, although the fee for that was rather high.

Swimming pool was really nice, on the back side of the hotel, so no sounds comes in from the traffic outside. There is also a gym which looked nice. I would have loved to try it, eh... if... eh.. if my back hadn't been so bad...

There is also a relax area, where you can get massage. Never tried it though, as the price was rather high and the place didn't look so good.

There are breakfast available for 15 SGD (7,5 euro) for continental breakfast, and 25 SGD (12,5 euro) for a buffet breakfast. Now I belong to those people who believes it's a crime to charge more than 5 euro for a breakfast, so I can't say how it was...

All in all a very nice hotel! Specially with the good last minute-deal.

Directions: Close to the Singapore river, although the water is not seen from the hotel. In the middle between China Town and the shopping district.

• kirsty_lamb's Profile Photo

Beautiful Central Hotel

Fantastic! This is a lovely hotel. There is a waterfront bar, and the breakfast buffets are good. The servise is second to none and the taxis are very cheap as it's pretty central. There is also a complimentary bus that runs periodically to Orchard road and to China Town for guests, but rememer to book (although it's not always necessary, they dont really check that hard to see if you have booked, although if you can you should).

Unique Quality: Just a good all Rounder!

Directions: South of the River, to the left of China Town

405 Havelock Road
    Singapore 169633

More about Furama Riverfront

Nice Hotel Outside Town

by bkoon about Furama Riverfront (Apollo Novotel)

Used to be known as Apollo Hotel then it became Apollo Novotel and now it is named Furama Riverfront Hotel. The rooms are clean and spacious. Not only that, it has been refurbished and renovated and it doesn't look old. A comfortable hotel. Its Kintamani Indonesian Restaurant serves wonderful food.

Furama Riverfront Hotel (formerly Apollo Hotel)

by Cathy&Gary about Furama Riverfront Hotel

The Furama Riverfront (formerly Apollo Hotel) is within walking distance to Clarke Quay and Chinatown and is about 30 minutes drive from Changi Airport.

The hotel is 4 star and has all the facilities you would expect in a hotel of this standard, including a lovely swimming pool.

Complimentary buses will take you to Orchard Road and Chinatown.

We stayed here in 2005 with my sister and her husband, check in was a bit of a shambles and took about 40 minutes as they could not find our booking.

Our room was nice and spacious (deluxe room) but my sisters room which was meant to be the same was very small.

Overall a very nice hotel.
Furama Riverfront Hotel

Amidst plush carpeting,...

by Adeline_Foo

Amidst plush carpeting, comfortable sofas and trailing plants, the FURAMA SINGAPORE is a beautiful haven of elegant splendour. Setting the Furama apart are warm smiles and courteous, personalised service.

Whether you are on business or holiday, the Furama offers you a complete range of business services as well as a wide selection of recreational, dining and entertainment facilities.

Just a convenient 5-minute walk away are Singapore’s Financial District and the festival village of Clarke Quay. Also close by are Boat Quay, Robertson Quay, Riverside Point Shopping Center and Mass Rapid Transit (MRT stations). The Changi International Airport is just a short 20-miniute drive away.
Single SGD220.00

Double/Twin SGD240.00

Nice, clean hotel

by TripAdvisor Member pidalee

My family and I stayed at the Furama Riverfront in adjoining rooms which was very handy. The rooms were spacious enough for 2 people and had all the ameneities we needed. It wasn't 5 star but clean and comfortable. The views from the window was nice. The hotel had a lovely breakfast smorgasboard which we took full advantage of each morning. The pool was clean and very refereshing. We were in walking distance to major shopping mall and the river. Overall a good experience of Singapore.

Below expectations

by TripAdvisor Member sunnyhanoi

We stayed at the Furama Riverfront for 2 nights and the hotel is much below our expectations, having the fact that we had to pay S$ 255/night for a deluxe room. The room is very tired and worn out. The hotel lobby has a very unpleasant smell. The air con in room was not working properly. I think this hotel needs refurb urgently.

Nice place for a short stay

by TripAdvisor Member Sebastian_S

It has been quit a while since I have visited the Furama Riverfront hotel. Last March I visited this place with 80 other colleagues. We stayed 3 nights in this hotel during our extended stop-over in Singapore on our way to Phuket, Thailand.

We all arrived at the same time, and the hotel was expecting us so. Therefore the check-in went very fast considering we, all 80, came at the same time. However, about 20 of the 80 colleagues had to wait over an hour because their rooms were not ready. A little disappointing for some us them, I was lucky, after more than a 18 hours journey from Europe. But the wonderful lobby/bar and its view, the relaxing atmosphere and a complementary drink tempered the disappointment quit a bit.

Unlike some of the previous review's, I did not experience any uncomfortable shortages in the rooms. I found them clean, spacious, nice beds and bathroom including the necessary stuff like satellite TV, minibar closet, sound-proof etc. which you expect from a 4,5* hotel.

I never made use of the food facilities because I always left very early in the morning and came back late in the evening. After a long day strolling in Singapore its very nice to come back to the hotel with its relaxing atmosphere and have a drink at the bar with the great semi-panoramic view of the garden with huge waterfall (see picture). After doing this I usually took a refreshing dive in the pool which was wonderful. They also had a fitness room, which I did not use, but it looked like all the necessary equipment was present.

Previous reviews tell the location of the hotel is uncomfortable. I did not experience this though. Taxi's were always waiting in front of the hotel to drive you anywhere. There is a bus-stop on your right within 100meters along the road walking out of the hotel. And although not everyone prefers to walk in the Singapore climate, I did not mind doing so. Most attractions are at least a 30min walk. I must admit, the location is not centred at the hot-spots, but it really depends on which hot-spots you whish to visit (China town is just 10min walking).

Overall I had a pleasant stay. Experienced nothing disturbing, very friendly staff, fairly nice quality, relaxing atmosphere, and although the location is not perfect, its not bad either, just take a taxi (its cheap anyway).

The hotel quality standards are very high in Singapore, so are their prices. If you don't want to spend a lot of money, but would like 4,5* comfort, then I would recommend the Furama Riverfront hotel.

Tip: When taking a taxi back to the hotel. Emphasize that you want to go to the "Furama Riverfront" hotel and not the "Furama Ciry Centre" hotel. Bring a hotel business card with you to show the driver.

Couldn't fault them

by TripAdvisor Member bncf

I had read most of the reviews about this motel before arrival and I must admit, I was expecting the worst. Many reviews were glowing but a few noted bad experiences. It's funny how we remember the negative more than the positive at times. I arrived with pen and paper in hand, ready to report names and incidences to the management but during our whole stay I never had need to write one thing down.

It was my first trip to Singapore with my husband and 2 young children. We only stayed there for 3 days and most of the time we weren't in the room anyway.

As soon as we arrived, the concierge greeted us and arranged the porter to take our things up to the room upon us going to the reception. He was always very friendly and happy to help.

The room we were in was very clean and comfortable and we received what we asked for. There was no smell in the room, however I do agree with the other reviewers that the corridors do smell a bit musty though.

We never had opportunity to swim in the pool but if we did I still would've been a bit hesitant. As the pool is surrounded by high rise buildings, the rooms towering over the pool act like a huge stadium providing the opportunity for the residents to watch. That may not bother some people but I wasn't too comfortable with it.

There are always taxis waiting out the front and they are very cheap as long as you make sure with the taxi driver you are paying by the meter (a tip given to us by the concierge).

The location is great. It is only about a 10 min walk to Chinatown or a very short taxi ride to many of the other popular spots.

The restaurant at the motel was a bit too pricey for our liking but there was quite a few nice places to eat a short walk away at a much cheaper price.

Overall, we had a fabulous time in Singapore and our accomodation at the Furama Riverfront added to the experience. I would definately recommend staying there.

Great Place To Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Annnoelcathy

We stayed in this hotel for six nights and couldn't fault the hotel at all. It is quite a distance from Orchard Road but the hotel provides a free shuttle bus service to and from Orchard Road and Chinatown. We travelled by taxi they are very cheap the most we paid was $8 and that was a drive up the mountain to the cable car to get to Sentosa.

The service was excellent we arrived at 2.30am, the check in was quick the staff at the reception desk were lovely, very polite and friendly, the bell boys were always there to help with even the smallest request.

The room was very spacious and clean we had a triple share and there was plenty of room for all of us, the room was made up daily with fresh sheets every second day.

We would definately stay there again and have no trouble recommending this hotel to others

Furama Riverfront LobbyFurama Riverfront Lobby

Early morning transport from Changi to Furama Riverfront Hotel

by charliekp

We are arriving at Changi Airport at 1.00 AM on the 3RD July, and departing at 3.00 AM on the 5 th July. What options will we have in getting to and from the Furama Riverfront Hotel at those times, without having to wait several hours at the airport.
Regards

Charliekp

RE: Early morning transport from Changi to Furama Riverfront Hotel

by imstress

You may take the taxi (abt $30 including surcharge) or airport shuttle ($7 per pax).
For departure, you can get the concierge to call a cab for u the day before your departure.

RE: Early morning transport from Changi to Furama Riverfront Hotel

by victorcklau

Charlie

You won't really have to wait as I expect there to be taxis available. Taxis in Spore are metered charged, so no bargaining at all. There is a midnight surcharge (again it is official).

Re: Early morning transport from Changi to Furama Riverfront Hotel

by xinyiproductionhouse

$30 by taxi? for real?

i travel from my home at bishan to changi airport and takes around $20 which includes midnight surcharge. town seems nearer to the airport than my home...

get a cab from the taxi Qs... dont go for the Limos... but some Limos are quite the same price... all runs on the same meters...

Comments