Grand Copthorne Waterfront

Agoda.com Expedia.com Asiatravel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo

accomodations on Singapore River

Very nice hotel with great facilities and river views. Only possible complaint is that it is a little out of the way from major tourist sites.

• snuggie's Profile Photo

The Grand

Located along the historical Singapore river,the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel was just minutes away from the central business district and Orchard road.It has 538 guest rooms and suites and wireless broadband Internet access is available in all its 34 meeting rooms.This hotel indeed a very grand one with an very unique atmosphere.

Directions: Alight at Clarke Quay MRT station,situated along the Singapore River.

• imstress's Profile Photo

Grand Copthorne Waterfront 5*

Grand Copthorne Waterfront is situated by the Singapore River along with River View Hotel at Havelock Road.

The Grand Copthorne Waterfront has a magnificant lobby with a lounge.

I attended a wedding there and the Ballroom was grand and they even have a glass panel with curtains and were drawn when the couple march in.

And if u like to dance, the Zouk is just next door.

It is located near Orchard Road and Chinatown.

Unique Quality: Zouk is just next door

More about Grand Copthorne Waterfront

LIVING HIGH

by mamasan69 about GRAND COPTHORNE WATERFRONT HOTEL

With help from Tina and her brother this hotel was waiting for me when I arrived; I couldn't have been happier with this place. When I first arrived I knew that this hotel was going to be quite the good experience. Even though I felt a little out of place at first in my shorts, T-shirt and backpack standing the lobby of this five star establishment.
Once I got to my room I knew I had more then any normal traveller could need. Since I was by myself the room seemed huge and it was almost too much, compared how I normally travel. The service was very good and they offered just about everything could want; This included spa, massage, manicure, and an awesome room service menu. The room naturally came with a nice bed, TV, internet, movie rentals, room safe, and many things a business traveller might need(iron/iron board for example).
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Singapore willing to spend a little bit to enjoy a wonderful stay like I had. I felt energized after my stay only to find myself sleeping in a hut in Thailand 2 days later...go figure. I did have a fantastic view of the river and city outside of my room window, and this was an added bonus to my stay here. The hotel also had 3 different restaurant/bars on different floors starting in the lobby. This hotel also had a outdoor pool with a spa-swimming pool area inside, I believe it had a sauna and weight room to use.

Spore-KLumpur by Aeroline Coach

by chiabh

Aeroline Coach Service provides an efficient coach service from Spore to KLumpur... Aeroline provides 4 daily trips on this sector... viz 8:00am, 9:00am, 2:30pm and 6:45pm (6:00pm on saturdays and sundays)... It also prvides a daily service from Spore to Pjaya at 8:30am...

The coach terminal is at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel at Havelock Road, Singapore, Corus Hotel at Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur and Wisma Axis at Jalan 223, Petaling Jaya...

Grand Copthorne great hotel

Stayed at the Grand Copthorne March 2006, excellent access to hop on bus, restuarants of all classes from local to high end(all walking distance). Recommend using the laundry across the road just S$9 for 3kg. Hotel breakfast had an excellent choice & a great way to start day. Just a S$5 cab ride to tha cable car to Sentosa & less than S$10 to Jurong Bird Park. Would definately stay here again.

Upmarket in the suburbs

by iandsmith about Grand Copthorne riverside

Grand by name, grand by nature. This is one of a chain of upmarket hotels that the well-heeled will enjoy.
The spacious rooms and sumptuous breakfasts alone will guarantee that. The room service is good and, though the room we had was well up, the view over the river (read muddy creek) is fairly ordinary for something of this height.
It's not in town but it's not that far out either. Catching the frequent buses means you only have four stops to the centre of town or you can get one of the omnipresent cabs if you like.

Great Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Sky_Traveler

I stayed at this hotel in April of last year with a colleague while on business and have to say that I was very impressed with this hotel.

The rooms were excellent, with plenty of space and very nice bathrooms. Amenities in the hotel were plenty, and I made good use of the excellent tennis courts, average gym, and many of the conference facilities. The buffet breakfasts were great and the chicken satay in the lounge was a bit expensive but I'm still convinced it was the best in Singapore!

I found the staff to be helpful and courteous and the doormen were great for providing directions and advice on local restaurants.

As for the location, it may not be as central as some of the hotels in town but cabs are cheap in Singapore and you can be almost anywhere in about ten minutes.

I definitely would not hesitate to recommend this property to anyone staying in Singapore looking for good value and a great overall experience.

OK but could do better

by TripAdvisor Member GrahamC

Looks good and nice location on the river (10 minute stroll or short water taxi to lots of restaurants and bars down town), but let down by poor service at times. My room was pretty grubby (stains on the chairs, and I had to wash my coffee cup before I used it). Definitely worth asking for a non-smoking room if you want it to smell nice. Good buffet restaurant with nice food, but waiter found it far to difficult to split the bill for our party between 4 rooms ("it will take 15 minutes"). Queue for the breakfast buffet was 30 people long when I showed up , so I gave up. But overall OK for a short business trip.

The Lobby Outshines the Rooms

by TripAdvisor Member xscream100

By European standards, the rooms are spacious. By North American standards, they are average or below average. Light coloured carpets show every stain. They're comfortable but certainly nothing special for this type of hotel.

Out of the way location along the river is both good and bad. Good if you want to catch a bum boat or manage to get a room with a river view, bad if you want to walk anywhere of interest. The nearest MRT stations are at least a 15 minute walk.

I arrived early in the morning, so they gave me a smoking room with a street view. They accommodated my request for a non-smoking room two nights later, which had a great view of the river.

I would not stay at this hotel again because I believe the Rendezvous Hotel is a better value and in a much better location for shopping and access to the MRT.

view of singapore from the Grand Copthorne Orchardview of singapore from the Grand Copthorne Orchard

Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel Singapore

by malaysia_is_asia

Hi everyone, my family and I are travelling to Singapore for five days and staying at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel Singapore and was wondering if it was a good hotel? If any of you guys have stayed their or no a bit about it please tell me what you thought?

Thanks everyone

Luv: Amy :)

RE: Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel Singapore

by DarkRay

Grand Copthorne Waterfront is a very pleasant five star hotel. The only thing I do not like about the hotel is that its location is a little "off" although it can still considered to be in the city centre.

For Singapore, all the 5 stars hotels are generally very good, with well-maintained room and staff with great manners. The difference is just that some "smiles" at some hotels seemed more forced than others. The service at Grand Copthorne Waterfront feel genuine, but however do note that unless they have been retrofitted since I had stayed there almost 2 years ago, the rooms are a litlte dated.

It also has a good inhouse cafe, Cafe Brio, that serves a good buffet spread. I especially like its Sunday Brunch (around S$60 per pax), which comes with unlimited servings of lobsters.

Just my 2 cents.... :-)

RE: RE: Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel Singapore

by malaysia_is_asia

Thanks for your prompt reply! The infos great.

Luv: Amy :)