10 Coleman St., (formerly Grand Plaza Parkroyal), Singapore, 179809, Singapore

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• remoteblogger's Profile Photo

Best Hotel In Singapore

Had a great stay here in the hotel its easily the best hotel I have ever stayed in Singapore. I was here for 3 days with my girlfriend in April and we both loved the luxury on offer including the super comfortable rooms. Rooms are large and comfortable including the bedding which will give you a very good nights sleep

Unique Quality: The hotels location is amazing its in a prime position. Staying at the Grand Park City Hall will give you easy access to all the tourist attractions you will want to see and do when you are in Singapore. The Staff here are the most friendly genuine staff I have ever encountered in any hotel that's for sure.They where always helpful, friendly and willing to assist me with any concern I had. I had a pretty good view from the room which was also good.

Directions: The hotel is located in the best part of Singapore! Many great tourist attractions are very close by including Marina Bay. There are so many shops, restaurants and more withing walking distance

• branx's Profile Photo

location, location,location

I stayed here with my family for 6 nights over New Years. The rooms were very well appointed and spacious. the bathrooms were a little on the small side but who spends much time in there any way. The staff were very helpful and corteous. The pool/spa and gym facilities were fantastic and very clean.

Unique Quality: The best feature of the hotel was that it was walking distance to alot of places, Raffles City was only a block away as was Funan Mall. Marina Sq and Suntec city were also walking distance. We also were able to walk to chinatown and one night walked back from bugis st.
    Clarke Quay is only a short stroll with some great restaurants there.

Directions: Near Marina Bay, Merlion park

More about Grand Plaza Park Hotel City Hall Singapore

Excellent 4* in great location

by colin_bramso about Grand Park City Hall

We stayed in an Executive floor room so I don't know what the standard rooms are like, but the Exec rooms are very good.

A good size room with King bed, large bathroom including a separate shower, workdesk, good internet access.

Basic toiletries and towels are provided but there are bathrobes, slippers, iron & board, hairdryer, tea & coffee making facilities.

The Club Lounge was being renovated so we didn't see that as it was temporarily moved to the coffee shop. Location is excellent, a few metres from City Hall MRT station, close to Raffles City and even Bugis Street is only three or four blocks away. Two small malls, with food halls and other eating places, plus street shops and restaurants are all adjacent.

Executive floor guests have a Club Lounge where complimenary continental breakfast, coffee and evening drinks & snacks are served.

Grand Plaza Park Hotel, not so grand..

by midgetswithguns about Grand Plaza Park Hotel

Unfortunately this was not the best of hotels we have ever stayed in.

Upon arriving for check in, we were asked if we were ok with a double bed, (we had booked a double bed because we were a couple!) When we were taken to our room, there were 2 single beds that we had to push together. This was not at all comfortable and when we confronted them about booking a double bed, they said they were out of rooms. (Yet when we walked around there were heaps of rooms free)

I would not agree that it is a 5 star hotel. Raffles is a 5 star hotel.

We could hear everything in the hall and the TV in the next room, the soundproofing was dreadful.

There was bad smell from toilet, due to bad ventilation or perhaps a rotten part?
The air conditioning was some how not working well as it was hot at night (which makes sleeping unpleasant)

For a "superior room" it was small, the bathroom was tiny and in need of refurbishment, The size of the bathroom was so ridiculously small that it caused us some minor accidents like knocking our heads against the wall and the edges as there was not much room between the bath tub and the toilet etc.

The Bar prices are very expensive. 'Welcome' bottles of water were actually charged at 10 Singapore Dollars which was very misleading.

The entrance should be to the main road, not on the side road.

A word of warning if you go during summer and want to swim in the pool, make sure you wear bathers (swim suit) as they do not allow board shorts. (Coming from Australia that's what most people wear to the beach and pool) I actually got kicked out of the pool for wearing board shorts, I confronted the manager and explained that this is what we wear at home and I had a t-shirt on also, he said you cannot swim in the pool with shorts and a T-shirt, I explained that I did not want skin cancer from sunburn but this did not matter. The Breakfast buffet was brilliant, no complaints there, the quality and taste of the food was great.

The Concierge’s were very helpful.

The main entrance was very beautiful.

20 km from the Airport

Within walking distance to the shopping hubs.

One of "Park Hotel" Chain Group

by TripAdvisor Member tripaddicted

We have just returned from a two-night stay at the Grand Plaza Park Hotel on Coleman Street. The hotel is within the historical site of Singapore and many westerners guest originally came from rather than asia / local residents. The vicinity is wonderful, tranquil and probably Singapore's lifest surrounding area night and day, from shooping, cultural, religious, edutaintment, art, to many of theatre activities. Bugis Junction, Citilink Mall, Capital Land, Funan IT Mall, Bencoolen Street, the Padang, the Chijmes, the Victoria Hall and the Esplanade are within short walking distance. City Hall MRT station are less than 250 meters.

The superior room is a little bit cramped though, but clean and neat. The bed is rather hard combined with 4 soft-comfort pillows. Shower bathroom has cold/hot water tap, but the water is flowless. It takes almost half our to complete a bath. Room has mini bar and coffee/tea maker. No complimentary mineral water though.

The breakfast is a standard continental spread with cheeses fruits pastries, etc. But don't bother since many street vendors or family-resto nearby the hotel serve various type of breakfast.

We did ask for late check-out due to late night flight we had. The front desk is considerably provide a late check-out to 3 p.m. free of charge, which we thought excellent value.

Overall we would say this is probably a unique best-located hotel we stayed in Singapore. Perhaps not the most convenient if all you want to do is the crowded central area, but if you want to mix a little leisure time with the everythings offered in Singapore trip then this is an absolute place to choose.

Decent choice in Singapore

by TripAdvisor Member Winegum

I stayed at the Grand Park Royal for 2 weeks. I think the standard of hotels in Singapore is generally pretty good. The Grand Park Royal is no exception. It is just as you would expect from a nice SE Asian Business Hotel.
The rooms are not very big, but well and efficiently furnished, the bathrooms nice and clean.
The mattresses are a bit on the hard side, but I found my bed quite comfortable.

The location of the hotel is excellent if you like to use the superb subway system.

The breakfast buffet is a standard affair. You get your Asian breakfast, a good selection of breads and a few guys who cook your eggs to your liking.

If, after 2 weeks, I had anything to complain about it would be the overly ambitious room service who will come to your room several times a day (some may like this) and the reception desk staff, who seem to never smile (but then, I don’t think anyone in Singapore ever smiles). The concierge staff was fairly friendly and welcoming, though.

All in all I was a bit disappointed with Singapore, but that was hardly the hotels fault.

Nice facilities but poor staff

by TripAdvisor Member ychiung

Check-in staff wrote the wrong room number on the card. As a result, the key card didnt work in the lift. Had to return to reception three times to sort this out! All this hassle when you are really tired after a long flight and want to get into your room as quickly as possible.

Facilites are fantastic though. The room was a suite with separate living room and bedroom with 29 inch LCD TV in each. Very spacious and nice bathroom too.

If you check in, just dont give a debit card as a credit card imprint. I made this mistake and as a result, I got doubly charged when checking in and again when checking out.

Good Central Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member szoka

Stayed here for 4 nights after cruise on Star Virgo, nice rooms, very good buffet breakfast, good pool and gym which our 2 16 yr old boys enjoyed, nice central location for sightseeing, walking distance to many shopping centres & eatries, staff always courteous but not what I would call family orientated, more designed for business people but I think this is true of many hotels in singapore.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member AussieChook

The Grand Plaza is now known as the Parkroyal on Coleman. It is a small, contemporary style hotel in the best location for food and shopping. I have stayed here a few times now and the rooms are a bit on the small side but for two people per room they are adequate. It is a 4 star property, extremely clean, well furnished, lovely little breakfast room with a large buffet selection. The hotel is adjacent to the best spa in Singapore - the St Gregory Spa. It is a very quick walk to Clarke and Boat Quay for meals, a few minutes from City Mall, Raffles Plaza and the Raffles Hotel (try the Long Bar for the Gin Sling). This is my preferred hotel for staying in Singapore. Its great value.

Great hotel but greedy

by TripAdvisor Member fidsboy

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks. I found the room, staff and facilities to be excellent. The only issue is that after organising a corporate rate the hotel refused to honour it, even when there were rooms available. Tried to charge $400 a night instead of the corporate rate of $210.

Very Helpful

by TripAdvisor Member TravelDude525

I stayed there with two children, I personally did not like the first room we were in and complained at reception, they then happily moved us to another deluxe room and gave us an extra bed free-of-charge.

The room was spacious and had good T.V. with some good Tea and Coffee making facilities (7 different drinks!). The bathroom had a standing shower and bath with moisturizer, soap, bath foam, shampoo, etc..

Reception was very friendly and provided us with an extra chair and mug as well as the bed.

The pool was lovely but slightly small, the jacuzzi was perfect, great for relaxing under the night sky after a day's exploring.

The area was good and the nearby Funan - Digital Life Mall was a great place to go with children. Inside there is a Delifrance and a food court. It has hundreds of technology stores and in the basement there is a Cold Storage.

All in all we greatly enjoyed our stay. We felt that the value was mediocre, but it would have been greatly increased with the addition of breakfast.

Grand Park City Hall hotelGrand Park City Hall hotel

Singapore Marathon on 2nd December 2007

by bajuaku

Hi all,

I have not been to Singapore before. Appreciate if any of you could help me to find the right place to stay. I have a race that starts at 0530hrs so i need to be near the startting point - The Esplanade. I have few options for the hotels:

1. Golden Landmark Hotel Singapore
2. Parkroyal On Beach Road Singapore
3. Grand Plaza Park Hotel Singapore

Can you advise me the best hotel to book in terms of the distance from the Esplanade? Can you please help me to estimate the distance between the hotels in KM and walking time.

I need this urgently as I have book my hotel ASAP. Or if you have any other suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Thanks and regards,
Matt

by st.bernard

Hi there,
Think the Grand Plaza shd B the nearest. (It's the one at Coleman Street,right?)

From Coleman street, walking to the Esplanade area should take less than 15 minutes - especially if you are in running shoes.

All the best for the Marathon. :)

by DarkRay

As st.bernard had mentioned, Grand Plaza Park Hotel is definitely the nearest to The Esplanade from the list you have provided. It is also best hotel on the list - Golden Landmark is ancient and ParkRoyal on Beach Road is kind of far away.

In case you have the option (but it's way more expensive), the nearest hotel to Esplanade is actually the Mandarin Oriental Singapore which is basically like across the road from The Esplanade.

Just my 2 cents.... :-)

The Conrad
The Pan Pacific
The Marina Mandarin
The Stamford

all within 5 to 10 mins jog. Stayed in all except Marina Mandarin. Fab service and inexpensive when I booked directly by email. They all have promo packages often.

by urbanmale_tods

Hi, Grand Plaza Park Hotel would be your best pick for location. Otherwise the Peninsula-Excelsior Hotel opposite the Grand Plaza Park Hotel would be your option. Same convenience but much cheaper rate, but dun expect real fancy rooms as it is an aging 3 star property. All the best. Hope it does helps!

Comments