47 Bencoolen Street, Singapore, 189626, Singapore

Agoda.com Booking.com HotelTravel.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Bed bugs and poor customer service

The first few days were ok - then I switched to a different room. Big mistake - it was infested with bedbugs which I didn't realize until the last night when I woke up. When I showed the hotel staff the next morning, their best offer was for $22 to have a health check. I thought it was outrageous at the price they charge that they couldn't come up with a better offer than that. I found one of the bugs and showed them. I had about 20 bites. When I got back I had to wash all my clothes immediately and keep my luggage outside to avoid transferring the bugs to my apartment.

When I got back and called them to follow-up, they said they would agree to a partial refund and asked for my credit card - when I spoke with Agoda, they explained the hotel wouldn't need the credit card number, that Agoda would do the refund. In the end, they denied the existence of the bedbug and went back on their agreement to a partial refund. Anticipating that this might happen I took a photo and have reported the experience to the appropriate authorities alerting them of the health risks. The only thing I got from Hotel Bencoolen was itchy bug bites and worries about whether my home with a newborn baby is now infested with bedbugs.

Unique Quality: The location is good.

Directions: Orchard Street

• Chellenz's Profile Photo

good for a kip

Hotel Beencoolen served its purpose. Its nothing amazing the rooms are dark due to being surrounded by other buildings so the curtains are closed. we had a superior room and it was small but as I said it did the job. THe breakfast is an entertaining situation with the makeshift kitchen and tables and chairs on the sidewalk but was a good start to the day to know that it was there for us. THe pool was a lot smaller than we expected but as it turned out we were so busy seeing things we ended up only using it the once the day we arrived.
    Overall the service was great by the doorman amad I think his name was but to be honest the people on the main reception and others were nothing great and we found some other guest to be very rude pushing us aside when waiting to speak to reception and they were very demanding and didn't care that they were pushing us around even when they knew we weren't happy about it....this isn't the receptions problem but I would have appreciated that they tell them to wait there turn.

Unique Quality: good location.

Directions: beencoolen street five min walk to the closest mrt station up the road turn right and its across the road on the left.

• wufei's Profile Photo

Hotel Bencoolen

Hotel Bencoolen is your ideal Singapore stopover for short or long stays:

* Value-for-money rates
    * Conveniently and centrally located along Bencoolen Street
    * Within easy reach of busy Orchard Road, the
    financial district of Shenton Way & The International Conventional & Exhibition Centre
    * In close proximity to many cultural & tourist attractions and shopping centre

Unique Quality: Near MRT station

Directions: Along Bencoolen Street

• imstress's Profile Photo

Hotel Bencoolen 3*

Hotel Bencoolen is the ideal budget accommodation for your stopover in Singapore.

You may visit the nearby attractions such as the National Museum, National Art Museum, Esplanade which are about 10 minutes away.

The shopping centres like Orchard Road, City Hall, Bugis Junction and Marina Square are within walking distance too.

Dont miss the Singapore Sling at the Raffles Hotel which is also walking distance away on Beach Road.

Try the local dishes at Kopitiam along Bras Basah Road and S-11 Eating House at the National Library and at the food centre beside Allson Hotel.

The entertainment spots of Mohammed Sultan, Chjimes, Boat Quay and Clarke Quay are situated conveniently within a 2-km radius.

Unique Quality: jacuzzi spa

• diageva's Profile Photo

Hotel Bencoolen

The room and every thing was well, with a nice pool-jakusi, I would recomend it but I think is better to be in a hotel in Chinatown because Singapore's Avenue are very big and for hotel is better, in my opinion a place like Chinatown where you can find places near to eat and to walk arround.
    I reserved the hotel by internet, the fare was better than those of internet general hotel reservation web pages. They gave me a fare and when I arrived to the hotel told me they will make me a better price... SO FANTASTIC. S$90 per night with breakfast

Directions: Underground: CityHall (a little far)
    Taxi from Airport: 11.80 S$

More about Hotel Bencoolen

Bed bug free!!

by paradisedreamer about Bencoolen Hotel Singapore

We moved here from our hostel purely because it was across the road and it had literally just opened and they had special opening rates (normal rates about SGD70 for a double). The rooms are very comfortable ý 2 single beds, air con fridge, TV. Hotel Bencoolen is conveniently located in the central business district and within walking distance of Orchard Road (15 minutes). There is a rooftop spa pool which is very nice.

Hotel Bencoolen Singapore

by toria535 about Hotel Bencoolen Singapore

This hotel in a good location walking distance to orchard road. The rooms are basic and the rates reasonable. The staff are very helpfull and friendly.
I would recomend this hotel to those after a basic hotel in a good location and reasonable rates. This hotel has a small gym and small pool and I mean small not big enough to swim in but enough room to just relax in.

Best hotel in Colonial District

by kinjalnz15 about Hotel Bencoolen

one of the best hotel that i have ever stayed in singapore, the hotel staff are very friendly and helpful.oh breakfast is included with stay and hotel has big sized beds,rooms come with aircon and with facilities and has a big swimming pool ...just to cool yourself after spending a full day in the sun.

Strand Hotel or Bencoolen Hotel

by renemontalbo

which would you guys prefer? I already emailed strand and they're offering me $S160 for a room for 5 without breakfast. could i get a better deal somewhere for similar amount of money? especially a hotel thats near an MRT station.

RE: Strand Hotel or Bencoolen Hotel

by xuessium

HI!

Both hotels are more or less side by side actually..so location-wise, it is not much of a difference.

Just some suggestions: Maybe you'll like to try The New 7th Storey Hotel (http://www.nsshotel.com). It's budget style and is located by opposite Bugis MRT. If you want something a little more upmarket, you may wish to try the Allson (http://www.allsonhotelsingapore.com/) and the Golden Landmark Hotel, both also close to Bugis MRT. If not, maybe even the Carlton from a higher bracket.

RE: Strand Hotel or Bencoolen Hotel

by eurokids

hi rene, will listen in to the recommendations if you don't mind. i'm also looking for accomodation in sing. what a small world...diri pa ta nagkit-anay sa VT. regards!

Comments