3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Agoda.com Orbitz.com Asiatravel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• sangria07's Profile Photo

Funky Boutique Hotel

This is a funky hotel perched at the foot of Pearl Hill in Singapore. We were greeted with a reception with bright pink wall panels when we walked in. The colours and theme of the hotel has a sense of chirpiness to it.

We had opted for the Re!laxation package which was SGD148++ inclusive of breakfast. Our room was rather tiny but not to the point of being suffocating (and I am claustrophobic). It was decorated prettily in a pink coloured theme with the silhouette of Marilyn Monroe above each bed. The beds were comfortable and clean and there were extra pillows in the closet - a plus point as we didn't need to contact housekeeping for those. The room came equipped with a big flat screen LCD tv (although it was not of much use to us seeing that we were out all the time except for bedtime), coffee and tea making facilities and a mini bar.

I loved the bathroom as it was decorated with sparkly tiles in numerous shades of pink! Best of all, it came with a shower stall installed as I really hate tubs. The size of the bathroom was comfortable enough for one person to manoeuvre in. When we booked the package, my friend and I were a bit thrilled as the package indicated that L'Occitane toiletries would be provided. Unfortunately, we saw no L'Occitane products ... only the usual standard hotel toiletries/amenities. There is also a hair dryer available in the bathroom. On the second day, we found that the housekeeping staff had failed to replenish the bath gel and shampoo and my friend tried to call for some. Unfortunately, no one picked up the line and she had to run down to the reception to request for more bath gel.

This is not the first time we experienced the hotel staff not attending to calls. When we arrived in Singapore in the morning, we tried to contact the hotel to see if it was possible to check-in earlier than the usual check-in time of 2pm. We called multiple times but no one ever answered our calls. Our booking was made via the internet and that seemed to work much better than calling them on the phone apparently.

The American buffet breakfast was mediocre and if I stayed there again, I'd opt for the package sans breakfast and head down to nearby Chinatown for better food.

Our package came with a complimentary 10 minute head and shoulders massage in the adjacent shop which provided massage, manicure and pedicure facilities. This was one of the highlights of the package and I appreciate the quick massage after two whole days of traipsing around Singapore.

The nearest MRT station is the Outram station which is a 10 minute walk downhill from the hotel (would be quite a walk back up!). It would be a pleasant walk down if the weather cooperates. However, it is a lonely path and not advisable for women to walk back alone after dark. We chose to ride in a cab back to the hotel which was not too expensive. The hotel also provides free shuttle service to the Outram MRT station but the times are quite limited ... for example, the earliest shuttle down to the Outram station was at 11am whereas we were always out and roaming by 10am latest. So the shuttle services were not much help.

Unique Quality: Complimentary 10 minutes head and shoulders massage with the Re!laxation package.

Chirpy interior decoration.

Directions: Foot of Pearl Hill, Chin Swee Road

• Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo

Cool design hotel

Fancy design hotel in retro style in the central parts of Singapore. Still a bit out in nowhere, so without a car it's quite hard to reach here.

We just stayed here one night before going back to Sweden again, but it was a pleasant stay. Paid 148 SGD (plus 17 per cent in tax and service charge) which is quite low for Singapore.

The room was a bit small, but on the other side very nice with walls with light that formed Bruce Lee or someone like him. Overall a very colourful hotel, have never really seen anything similar to this (except one hotel in San Marino, but that's another story).

No breakfast included, but served on the ground floor. But WiFi internet was available for free in the rooms. Very nice!
    The elevator can't be used without the key card, so ask for two keys right away if you like us are more than one person.

No swimming pool or entertainment area, so there isn't really much to do there. So if you don't have a car you're quite stuck. There is a complimentary shuttle bus to the center.

Unique Quality: Fantastic designs in both the general areas in the hotel, and the room. Retro style from the 1960s and 70s.

More about Hotel Re!

Hotel Re is great

by TripAdvisor Member Dottydenise

We stayed here for a week in December. It was great. Very clean, modern, a bit funky. The staff were brilliant - very helpful. Our room was quite small but had everything we needed including very nice L'Occitaine toiletries. The beds had great mattresses. Air conditioning was excellent. The hotel is well placed for walking into Chinatown for some excellent eating experiences. It only takes about 15 minutes or so to walk to the river. When my daughter's room was not ready, they immediately upgraded her to a business room which was brilliant - much bigger than ours with fabulous views on two sides. Only one thing I can find fault with - the price of the breakfast. Only had one - ate out the rest of the stay. Would definitely stay here again.

Funky Boutique Hotel

by sangria07 about Hotel Re!

The hotel is basic and functional. A good place to have a decent night's sleep if that is what one requires. Just don't expect frills and this hotel is almost perfect. Complimentary 10 minutes head and shoulders massage with the Re!laxation package.

Chirpy interior decoration.

Something different, new and funky!

by TripAdvisor Member Caroline102

Stayed at Hotel Re! for 2 nights in December. We checked in late on the first night and when we told the reception staff that my friends were on their honeymoon, they were immediately upgraded...was a lovely touch! Staff were very friendly and check in was seamless.
My room was fantastic with a big, comfortable bed, loads of windows and as the hotel is very new, it was spotlessly clean. Bathroom was amazing with lovely L'Occitane products.
The hotel bar is great, serving great cocktails and 2 for 1 during happy hour.
Can't really fault this hotel as I had absolutely no problems here and a great stay. The only thing I would say is that I am used to staying close to SunTec city and the shops and Hotel Re! was a little further away, but having said that, it is so easy and cheap to get around in Singapore that that really doesn't become an issue.

A great hotel let down by some poor service

by TripAdvisor Member oscart

In general Hotel re! lives up to its promises and my experience is similar to that of previous reviewers - it's modern, funky, has big TVs, nice toiletries, etc etc, I won't repeat what's been said before.

In terms of location we loved it, the back stairway from the carpark leads to a road beside the park (you don't even need to go through the park) that will take you to Outram MRT in less than 5 minutes. We also walked to and from Clarke Quay on many occasions, it will take around 15mins but the streets are very safe.

We had one major problem in that we booked and paid for a deluxe room (one up from the 'base' superior room), however after the 1st night I thought our room seemed quite small, queried this with front desk and we were told that because we'd requested a double bed and they didnt have any deluxe rooms available with a double, they'd downgraded us to the superior but didnt mention it upon check in! We complained of course but they didnt seem very sympathetic or helpful, and only when I pushed and demanded the room we'd paid for they 'found' us a room which was apparently slightly bigger than the deluxe (it was an executive), but it really didnt seem that much bigger at all. They actually seemed to think they were doing us a favour by moving us to the room we'd paid for!

Some of my wife's drycleaning was also returned dirty, not a huge deal but it's the way in which it was dealt, we had to ask to have the cost deducted from our bill and most hotels would have done this automatically and offered some additional compensation. In general the front desk staff were not friendly or helpful, and as the first point of contact for the hotel let their 'team' down.

That said, the housekeeping staff are very friendly and do their jobs to a high standard, the bar staff are great (they have a happy hour 4pm-8pm which for some reason they don't advertise, bizarre given the bar was always empty), and the concierge was cheery and helpful at all times.

I'd go back but I would book the base superior room as whilst it was small, the bigger rooms were not that much bigger to justify the additional cost in my opinion.

Unforgetable experience!

by TripAdvisor Member futatabi

Had an early check-in around 8am but they could not give me a queen-bed room as what I requested upon booking. However, they offered me with alternatives and gave me a free upgrade to deluxe room with twin bed on the 11th floor for my 6 nights stay!

As expected it was a small room, but very funky, comfortable and an excellent ambiance for a solo traveler. Compared to other more expensive hotels, this hotel gives you more detailed toiletries! From the very nice L'occ.. (forgot how to spell) range to the cotton buds, wipes, liquid handwash, etc! They also provide a very handy in room controller located just beside your bed for table-clock/alarm-clock, make-up room/do not disturb button, lights and the aircon controller! Other than a free unlimited internet broadband, they also give you a complimentary local calls!

If you stay in this hotel, do ask for the short cut to go down the road - located just beside the entrance (at rear), it will take you straight to bus 174 bus stop to outram park mrt station in case you miss the shuttle bus. Otherwise, going down the hill without this short-cut will be a bit tiring, unless you want a bit of exercise/have lot of free time :P

I had no problem what so ever with the concierge/check-in/check-out, really enjoyed staying with hotel Re! and would definitely come back!!

Funky, Clean & relative good price for Singapore, but lacking in Service

by TripAdvisor Member nnor27

The Hotel Re! is located in Chinatown - a quick walk through the Pearl's Hill park, and you're right there in the middle of it. The hotel used to be a student residence quite recently, so taxi drivers still don't know that it is a hotel. The rooms are clean and small (typical of Asia). A big plus is the included internet, as many hotels in Singapore charge a lot (26 SGD per 24 hours at another place I stayed at).
The hotel is suitable for young travelers that need a more reasonable price point. I booked online and was given a good deal by paying ahead. Decor and colours are a little over the top. When we first arrived, they did not have the room that we booked so we were given a room with 2 single beds; the "Gold" room. Yellow-Gold walls, gold bathroom tiles, etc. The following day we were given our booked room (a double), but this time the room was pink. Not a subtle pink, but Fuschia! I didn't mind, but it may not be suitable for people wanting a calming/relaxing room.
Service was a mix. The concierge was very good to order taxis for us, but the restaurant was brutal. Every day there was less available on the menu (seriously, I don't know why they even bothered with a "menu") and you would never get the same item twice in a row. The same thing for room service. Also, the food was nothing great and overpriced. I would recommend to go out to eat or order in. The restaurant staff was new and inexperienced, and the manager of the restaurant was not helpful. Another point of decor: the restaurant has a wall painted with very colourful vertical stripes, which start to vibrate if you are sitting accross from someone with that wall behind them. Not suitable for an eating area, or business meetings in my opinion.
There isn't a pool, which really would have been nice since it is quite hot & humid. The airconditioning wasn't working properly in our room sometimes. It didn't worry me to much, I just opened our door for a while to let the cool air in from the hallway.

Funky Austin Powers Pad

by TripAdvisor Member Clintrahe

I stayed 2 days, had a free hotel shuttle from the airport.
The hotel is like Austin Powers 70's style.
Really good if you like that. The customer service is very good and more than willing to help.
The room I had was small but the decor made up for the space. I was lucky to stay in a suite, which was still small.
location was ok 10 min walk to the nearest MRT station.
The restaraunt is over priced I would avoid it.

Singapore-A global melting pot

by anirvansen

Sterile, nothing to do, absolutely boring are some of the normal impressions that people have about any city-state. However, when it comes to Singapore nothing could be further from truth. Singapore is a bustling mega polis of about 3.5 million people who call Singapore their home. What makes Singapore unique is the diversity in its people. People from different races intermingle to make it a melting pot of Asian culture. Chinese, Malay and Indians form a major part of the population however; Singapore also has a large South-East Asian community; a substantial Arab and Eurasian community and a considerable mobile expat community. It is the people in Singapore that gives Singapore its true identity.

Apart from culture, Singapore also offers a confluence of tradition with modernity; superstition with computer-age and culture with techno-music. You could be walking through the China-town to absorb the traditional Chinese life-style, or you could be shopping for the latest computer gadget at the sim-lim square. Sipping a Singapore-sling in the Veranda of the famous Raffles Hotel, re-living the opulence of the Raj-days could be your favourite past time. You may enjoy the Colonial structures in the colonial district or the modern architecture at Sun-tec city; or you could be trying to decipher the architectural beauty in the HDB houses. Walking down the streets of Little India could transform you to South India; a visit to Orchard road could give you glimpses of Piccadilly Circus.

Talk about Singapore is of-course incomplete without mentioning Food and Shopping Out. Like Soccer is to Dutch, Cricket to Indians, Outback to Australians, Food is to Singaporeans. Food and Shopping are two religions that supersede any other passion for Singaporeans. More details in the Food and Shopping chapter.

Singapore is an experience not to be missed. A shoppers’ paradise, a gourmet’s delight, Technicrat’s mecca and bargain hunter’s Promised Land, Singapore has something to offer for everyone.

Next time, when you think of travelling, do visit Singapore. It will teach you a thing or two on living.

SINGAPORE AIRPORT HOTEL

by SANDIEGASKIN

IS THERE A HOTEL INSIDE THE SINGAPORE AIRPORT ??

by Wiley_Coyote

yes, there are 2 i think...but really as nice as this airport is, who needs a hotel!? sleep right there in one of the couches...best airport by far to sleep in!

by simcard

Oh yes.. it is very nice hotel.. If your flight is late, you can stay in for free with very nice meals.. :-)

by SANDIEGASKIN

WOULD YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW THE HOTEL NAME ??

by Wiley_Coyote

here's the lowdown on the airport:

and for the cheapo travel people:

by SANDIEGASKIN

THANK YOU THANK YOU BUNCHES !!!!!

by suru

There is a hotel inside the airport which charges about SGD50..(now may be revised). There is are also wash and shower rooms(very clean) which charges about SGD5 per person.
Actually there is no need for a hotel as you can visit the city which is about 40mnts from the airport Changi. If you want to stay only for a few hours for a connecting flight, airport itself is so nice that you don't feel the need of a hotel .

by drc887

In case you arrive at 12pm and your connecting flight is at 6am, you can walk to the Transit Hotel and get a room, and the staff will set the buzz to go off at 5:30 in the morning.

if you got more time for a bit of sight-seeing / shopping / dining, take the MRT to Paya Lebar or Aljunied station in Geylang (20 minutes from airport). there are many hotels like Hotel 81 - only a couple of blocks away. see these web-site :: http://www.hotel81.com.sg/
============================