Lion City Hotel Singapore

15 Tanjong Katong Road, Singapore, 436950, Singapore

Good For No Data
  • brooklyndude's Profile Photo

No fuss hotel

A 3-min walk to the MRT station, and 1min to Haig Road Hawker Center. If you like Asian food - Malay, Chinese, Indian, then you should go and check out this hawker center or any hawker centers in Singapore (there are soooo many of them).

From the Paya Lebar MRT station, you're just 20 mins away from Orchard Rd, the main shopping area. 20 mins away from Changi Airport.

Near supermarkets and the City Plaza Mall.

More about Lion City Hotel Singapore

Budget in Singapore

by lalikes about Lion City Hotel

For the price it was an okay hotel. It wasn't in "Singapore" per se.. but on the outskirts. I realize, yes, there is only Singapore the city but it was a bit outside of things. However, that was fine because it was less expensive and the metro/subway was nearby.

We had a deluxe room which wasn't so deluxe but... whatever. The room was a 2 star in my opinion but for the price what was I to expect. They had internet but other than that there were no real unique qualities.

The Lion City - Singapore

by Azri_Azmi

" Singapore from Across the Strait? "

Singapore always being viewed by myself everytime I went to Johor Bahru. As I always visited my company's branch at Sultanah Aminah Hospital, Singapore can be seen clearly from across the Tebrau Strait. I also always wondering when I will visit Singapore and how Singapore actually looks like. Is it as the same as Malaysia?

My First Visit to Singapore?

Did my audit at the Senai International Airport and went to Johor Bahru for overnite as the next day will be my auditing duty at Seri Maharaja Temenggung Ibrahim's Hospital in Kulai. I had been thinking of crossing the border and breaking my fast in Singapore.

I communicate with a VTer from Singapore by the ID of idahayat and asking for how to go to Singapore via bus. She gave a very useful tips and even invited me to join her for break fast.

I brought a friend with me and together we headed to Singapore by using an express bus from Larkin, Johor Bahru.

Reached Singapore somewhere around 1810 but a bit delayed in passing the Immigration Checkpoint as we were not aware that we suppose to fill in an entrance card (white card). So we had been told by the friendly Immigration Officer to fill in the card. As we passed the checkpoint and out of the building, idahayat with her hubby already waited for me. They brought us to a restaurant situated near Arab Street for breaking fast. We had a nice meal at and Indian Muslim restaurant.

My 4 Hours Visit

After breaking our fast, idahayat brought us to Sultan's Mosque or Masjid Sultan for prayer. Later on, we walked around the Arab Street. (Yes, lots of Arab restaurant and shops along this street) and to Istana Kampung Gelam (Malay Heritage Centre)

Later they brought us to Geylang to visit the busy night of Ramadhan sales. Many huge tents selling varieties of items and goods that related to Ramadhan and Syawal festive month.

In this such a short time, the 4 hours really meant a lot as idahayat and her hubby brought us to many places in the heart of Singapore town.

Singapore

by cheewooi

"Lion City"

Singapore is well known for clean and beautiful city. Whole city is well planned and orgranized. There's no worry on the transportation problem cause the public transport there is efficient. Beside that Singapore is best to visit during the Great Singapore Sales! You can get the best bargain in town!

Singapore - the city that never sleeps

by s583

"The Lion City"

Singapore is unique. I love the food and the colour culture that intersperse with the new and old. The hawker food is good and fresh. Dining in Singapore is also a unique experience ranging from Asian fusion to traditional dishes.

Lion City Hotel - Singapore

by colomblues

Hi Guys
Since my fav place NSS hotel is fully booked in Dec'07, they suggest that I stay at their sister hotel www.lioncityhotel.com.sg. Any one who knows about this hotel rgds it's location and proximity to MRT and your comments in general as well. Their site does not offer much help.

Tks

by xuessium

HI!

The Lion City Hotel is out of the city on the Eastern side of the island. The nearest MRT is Paya Lebar. That is more or less an industrial suburb and certainly less exciting should you stay in or near the city. You are however, closer to the airport.

Perhaps you would like to consider the following....more or less in the same bracket as the NSS (best room):
Hotel 81 Bugis
Hotel 81 Bencoolen
Hotel Bencoolen
Summer View Hotel
Oxford

by DarkRay

I do not recommend Lion City Hotel at all. It's not exactly cheap at about S$120 per room, and the rooms are really really really really old and not that well maintained. I used to love the claypot rice served by the restaurant there but even that is rapidly going downhill.

Its location is also seriously not that great although it is somewhat close to Paya Lebar MRT Station. If you have the budget for Lion City Hotel, you might as well consider YWCA Fort Canning Lodge (S$110 per standard room when booked from their webpage), at one end of Orchard Road and is also reasonably close to Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station:

Fragrance Hotel Selegie, The Bencoolen as well as Oxford are also within a similar price range and have rather convenient locations as well.

Just my 2 cents.... :-)

by urbanmale_tods

True as discussed by the previous 2 replies, Lion City Hotel is definitely a no go. Located about 15 min off city via MRT. You will still need a 10 min walk from Paya Lebar MRT to the hotel.

Would recommend Oxford, at least is in city area, more accessible to get to anywhere.

Comments