Singapore Hotels

Our Members Say

• phil_uk_net profile photo phil_uk_net
  • Reviews: 1131

Princeton Hotel: Princeton Hotel - budget accommodation in Geylang

A basic but fairly cheap hotel in the Geylang area. The cheaper rooms are quite small. All rooms have air-con and cable TV.

Standard rooms

Deluxe rooms
Normal rate S$90; Sun - Fri S$ 60; Sat S$ 70

Deluxe twin rooms
Normal rate S$90; Sun - Fri S$ 60; Sat S$ 70

Fairly good value for Singapore. Not too busy and within walking distance of Aljunied MRT.

If you are considering staying at a hotel in the Geylang area and have not stayed there before I suggest you take a look at my 'Geylang - Must See Activity' elsewhere on this page.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written January 1, 2003

Princeton Hotel, Geylang

• phil_uk_net profile photo phil_uk_net
  • Reviews: 1131

Hotel 22: Hotel 22 - budget accommodation in Geylang

Very basic but cheap place in Geylang. The small rooms have aircon and a bathroom with hot water shower.
The Lorong the hotel is situated on is fairly quiet and within walking distance of Aljunied MRT station.

Cheap for Singapore. Rooms are 40 SD.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written January 1, 2003

Hotel 22, Geylang

• lmkluque profile photo lmkluque
  • Reviews: 1697

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ambassador Transit Hotel: Turned Away At The Inn

There are no hotels at the airport in San Diego and at the time of my travel, I had never heard of an in-airport-hotel. Changi International Airport does have a transient hotel. I found this out when landing in the city. I thought to rent a room for my 7 hour-middle-of-the-night lay-over. No such luck. Since I didn't make reservations earlier, all the rooms were booked up!

However, It cost me nothing to stay overnight in the lounge area.

The rooms offered for overnight stay at the airport are a nice idea so if you arrive in the middle of the night and would like to sleep during your lay-over, make reservations well before your flight is scheduled.

They have added many nice amenities since I was last there so check out their website before taking your trip,

While trying to rest/sleep, I met an interesting Indian woman who had been living in the U.S.A. for the past ten years and was returning to her family home in India for a wedding.

We then met several other Indian women traveling home to India and had a wonderful converstation about the differences between living in the U.S.A. and in India and I learned how to wrap a sari!

Obviously, I didn't get much sleep. One thing I can say, traveling alone and spending the night at the airport, I felt quite safe.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Women's Travel, School Holidays
  • Written August 25, 2002
Tip Photo

Not my first choice, but it was fun.

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful