31 - 37 Bukit Pasoh Rd, Singapore, 089845, Singapore

More about New Majestic Hotel

Majestic gets upgraded!

by Travel2write about New Majestic Hotel

WOW!

Majestic is now the "New Majestic Hotel"

I first stayed at the Majestic in 1996. Then, it was run down and poorly maintained. In 1996 it cost only $60 USD for the top end room for the night. Even though delapateated and run down, it was the cheapest in Chinatown to stay . I loved the old time flair of wooden floors that creeked when you walk across them. Even though the walls barely contained the noise from the other rooms next door, I recommended it as a good stay for backpacker and people on budgets.

Today the Majestic has been remodeled by some local artists and is a funky, eclectic, modern hotel to stay. Personally, I loved the old wooden floors, the feel of chinatown and the cheaper rates, however times do change. A little out of my normal price range, but a great stay for the well to do. The simplest rooms are chic and serene, with teakwood floors and mosaic-tile bathrooms. Other rooms turn up the visual volume, with mural-painted walls and novel effects like levitating beds and see-through aquarium tubs.

And the five concept pull out all the stops — each decorated by one of Singapore’s top creative minds, they’re over the top in the best possible way, just about as far from the typical hotel room as it’s possible to get.

Honeymoon tips for 2011: Feb -- Jun

by volarevolare

While weather-wise, we might be expecting heat and humidity, there could still be some rains... hard to tell since the weather's all been going off-beat, isn't it?

There are many things to do in Singapore whilst on a honeymoon...

1. Romantic dinner on the Singapore Flyer -- more for the novelty ;)
2. Drinks at Skyon57 at the Marina Bay Sands (MBS) for a spectacular view of the Singapore skyline
3. Catch a drama performance -- check www.sistic.com.sg or musical "The Lion King" at MBS, or Voyage de la Vie at Resorts World Sentosa (booking on Sistic as well)
4. There is of course, Universal Studios at Sentosa for a full day of fun!
5. Take a walk through the museum -- a personal favourite: The Peranakan Museum
6. Enjoy a spa treat
7. Experience the award-winning Singapore Zoo and Night Safari
8. Chill out at Dempsey Hill after a walk at the nearby Botanic Gardens
9. Go for a bit of shopping at Orchard Road (though the Great Singapore Sale starts on 27 May -- 24 Jul 2011)
10. Stay in a boutique hotel like The Scarlet Hotel or The New Majestic Hotel

Hope this helps! :)

smiles,
Francesca

Great boutique hotel, a must!

by TripAdvisor Member roadtrip2005

Loved the hotel, it's very stylish and a must!
The rooms are individually designed and free wifi throughout. Don't worry if you haven't got a laptop, as they'll lend you a macbook for free.
Highly recommended!!!

irresponsible staffs

by TripAdvisor Member PiPo51

I spoke to the reception staff 3 times via telephone and 1 time in person. i specifically told them that i only want one of their particular room and even ask them how do i confirm that i wil get that room. they told mi by juz clicking onto the picture and i will get the particular room that i wanted. but to my surprise upon arriving, they gave another room. The manager even mention that they will not commit customer to any rooms availability but sad to be mentioned that when i spoke to the staff in person they even asked me whether do i want to book it on the spot so that it won't be book by others on the particular date that i wanted. The manager just shoo me off by saying unless i can name the staff that i had spoken to or produce a written confirmation from them whereby i only used verbally due to the amount that i been trusting them. This is really bad as i trusted their service so much, Worst of all, they doesnt even want to give mi a refund or letting me coming back to stay on another night. so i am paying $400+ for empty stay and reception mistake.

Please ask for names of staff when u want to request for anything. My mistake for trusting them too much and neglect the asking of staff names.

So-so in Singapore. . . .

by TripAdvisor Member bnedr

Although I appreciate cool and funky design, there is a point at which it just becomes impractical!

The room was large enough for one person, and came with a mini fridge, mini desk, mini dresser, and mini clothing rack. . . . My room had a toilet stall and shower stall (not a separate bathroom) that might make it awkward if sharing with a business partner or acquaintance (you can see the shower stall beyond the foot of the bed in the attached picture).

I found that the LCD television that was affixed to the foot of the bed was too close for viewing comfort. The in-room shower stall leaked all over the floor, and water from the sink splashed all over the place, too. I ended up having to leave towels on the floor in anticipation of getting water all over their nice hardwood flooring.

The staff (of which there is plenty) seemed attentive and yet helpless at the same time. They genuinely wanted to help, but just didn't really know how.

They insisted that it was "cool" not to have a/c in the lobby, but judging from the sweat pouring down the concierge's brow, maybe it wasn't as "cool" as the designer had hoped. Noise seemed to travel through the hotel; it may have something to do with the layout of the building and the central swimming pool.

Decent location, close to subway, food, shops, etc., but I'm not sure that the price warrants having to put up with the drawbacks.

Funky

by TripAdvisor Member KathyandDouglas

We had been looking for a boutique hotel in Singapore, and ended up in this unusual, funky place on the edge of Chinatown. Check-in and the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, but we were a bit concerned at arrival due to the renovations in process in the lobby. At the time of our visit, the concrete surfaces were being treated and stripped of all paint, giving us the impression that this place was a little rough for our taste. Still, our room was fun and different, and very quiet at night despite the numerous karaoke bars in the area. We were told that each room has its own design, and based on the theme of ours, some less adventurous travellers may find this place a bit too "trendy". A memorable place nonetheless.

Super Funky Hotel -- Loved it

by TripAdvisor Member Danebouy

Stayed here on the final leg of our honeymoon from Vietnam for 3 nights. Had the Aquarium Room and it was really cool. Complementry wine and cake on arrival was a nice touch. Through-out the stay there was free soft drink; juice; water sparlking water etc. Free wifi access and if you didn't bring your laptop they would give you one to use. The restaurant was really nice.
Favourite part of the stay was the bed. OMG!!! i don't know if it was cause the beds in vietnam were really bad but the bed here was superb.
The staff were pretty good unlike other reviews i have read. No problems here.

Arrogant staff lead by presumptuous expat

by TripAdvisor Member jagsnumpty

I am a very angry and unsatisfied ex-customer of this hotel. Just so happen all the 5 star hotel ran out during this festive seanso that I had to get into any hotel available. When I arrived, there is no PARKING !!! I was told to park my car in the outside open car park. The location itself is terrible ... The roof is about to fall apart, (Dont get me wrong, I am a great fan of artistic work, only admire). So I decided to cancel my stay that I have booked with my credit card. When I went in, the staffs as describe by others customers are arrogant and they told me they will charge my credit cards for the 2 nights stay anyway if I cancel. What kind of policy is that for a proper hotel? Cut the story short, they went for their manager and there came this snotty expat and the first thing he said I should have checked out the hotel before i book into it. I only had 2 hours to find a hotel for an emergency business enquiry. So, for expats that are going to Singapore for leisure and pleasure, make sure this hotel is no where near your list of hotel choices. They should turn it into a museum, not charge a fortune and torture the travellers. This place is not worth a penny to stay in, only if they change the entire staff and management team, I may consider. NAH.

Not just impressive design

by TripAdvisor Member MassiLond

I was very impressed by both the design of the hotel and bedrooms and (contrary to the experience referred to in other reviews) the quality of the service provided by staff.

The room I stayed in was spacious, impressive in design, and had a nice view over the beautiful pool. This, together with ipod dock, complimentary soft drinks, free internet access, free use of a Nespresso machine, free daily paper, good breakfast, gym and swimming pool, and helpful staff justified the high rates. I did notice, however, that other rooms were (some significantly) smaller than mine, so I would make sure I get the same range room (310) next time.

Its small size compared to the monster chain hotels, and location full of character in China town make the whole experience more personal and thoroughly enjoyable.

Singapore Flyer - 2

by Amar_kirale

"The Majestic Singapore"

Tall Sky scrapers in the central business district of Singapore differentiates this city from the rest

"East View from the Singapore Flyer"

"Marina Bay from Singapore Flyer"

My Wife khushboo, enjoying the view of Marina Bay from Singapore Flyer. You can also see a steep turn of F1 track. Tiny fishing boat really looks cute from this height.

"Modern Wonders"

Sky Scraper being constructed opposite Singapore flyer on the other side of the Marina Bay. It is said that there would be 3 such buildings and the terraces of these building would be connected to each other. On the terreaces they are planning to build an eco-park. Its again, a beautiful piece of engineering.

"Giant Wheel of Singapore Flyer"

As you see the huge wheel of the Singapore flyer, you keep on wondering how they must have built it. It is made up of steel cables and rods. Huge steel bars pass through the network of frames that holds the giant wheel.

"Loving the Experience"

Me and my wife enjoyed the ride. It was fun to see a city from such a height

New MajesticNew Majestic

by litekimchi

Hello,

I just heard about this hotel. I emailed to the GM of Hotel 1929 to tell him about the wonderful time I spent in his hotel due to his staff's hospitality. As a postscript, he wrote a teaser on the New Majestic Hotel, a boutique hotel under the same management as Hotel 1929:

Creating History ! Come January 2006, Singapore will see the arrival of
a stunning new Design Hotel. Housed in a traditional conservation shop
house located in the heart of Chinatown,The New Majestic Hotel aims to
be a beacon of the "New Asia" genre of hotel where history is blended
with modernity,international design with local aspiration and features
an emphasis on strong design, local culture and the Arts. Each of The New
Majestic's 30 rooms will be different,from the mix of vintage and
designer furniture to customized baths. Room highlights includes suites
with private gardens,attic styles rooms with loft beds with six-meter
high ceilings.

It also has a website, in case you're interested: http://www.newmajestichotel.com

Have you heard about this? I just emailed him asking if he could provide more information. I'll post as soon as I get his reply. I just thought you guys would want to know.

RE: New Majestic Hotel

by Eurasian68

Hi KimChi, i stayed at Hotel 1929 during my last visit to Singapore, it was FANTASTIC!!!! having a bath tub on the terrace filled with fresh flowers.... WOW!

by litekimchi

Aww, you got the larger room! I should try it sometime. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a "budget" traveller. In any case, my smaller standard was cute, I loved it. I loved my balcony! And this is the reason why I'm very much interested in the New Majestic.

The GM hasn't emailed me back. I'll post it here as soon as I receive the reply.

by imdgr8st

Hi,

I stayed at the New Majestic recently...the place is great. The staff was amazingly helpful and friendly, the decor was chic and fun, and the bed was amazing. I stayed in the 60's mod room overlooking the pool, and paid (close your eyes if your a budgetier) a bit over $200US. I wasn't looking to spend that much on a hotel, but I'm glad I did. The neighborhood is fun and funky and the hotel matches it well. The next time I'm in Singapore I'll definitely stay there again. You should give it a try, budgets be damned.

by Eurasian68

Hey, thanks for sharing! sounds great!

Comments