Pan Pacific Singapore

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels. See Hotels with Lower Price

Unsafe Hotel

by written on January 18, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for our honeymoon but we were harassed and intimidated by a group of young men in the lift. The hotel staff did not do anything about it and did not attempt to reassure us so we felt fearful and anxious throughout our time in this hotel. The hotel attracts young people and it is not an ideal hotel for couples or family. We had to spend most of our time outside hotel and we were let down by Singapore pan Pacific. Instead of having memorable time we were traumatized in this hotel.

Unique Quality: The View from the room's balcony.

One of singapores best

by written on August 30, 2011

After reading recent posts about this hotel I was not sure what to expect. Most reviews were positive but the occasional one was very bad. I went in with an open mind and was very pleasantly surprised when, realizing it was my first visit they offered to upgrae me to bayview room. Of course I didn't say no and was very glad I took their offer. The views were magnificent.

I found the room to be immaculately presented and more than what I was expecting. The service I received from the front desk all the way to my room was great.

The next morning when I went for breakfast I was attended to very promptly and could not have asked for better, more attentive staff. I would say they are up there with the highest quality staff I have seen anywhere I have travelled. The food was a very high quality and there was a chef there willing to cook eggs fresh any way you like including omelettes.

In the early evening I went to the upstairs bar and the staff up there were also of a very high quality. They were attentive and appeared very happy to help me out with anything I wanted including dinner reservations in the numerous hotel restaurants.

At the end of the day I could not find any problems with this hotel.

The location is perfect for the shopper or businessman as well due to suntec city downstairs and mrt within walking distance.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Singapore.

Unique Quality: Great views and facilities. If you don't want to leave the hotel, everything is here

Directions: Marina square

Tricky_Dicky69's Profile Photo

Great location in Singapore

by written on January 12, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights on our way back from New Zealand after reading numerous positive reviews on various sites. There are few cheap hotels in Singapore anyway so we decided to have a bit of a splurge to end our trip in style. We were pleased with our choice and had no problems during our stay. Our room was not huge but was more than adequate for our needs. Everything was spotlessly clean and the person that serviced our room did not miss a trick as everything that we used was always replenished at the first opportunity. The bathroom was well equipped and it was useflul to have separate toilet and shower cubicles as well as a bath. The bed was absolutely huge and very comfortable. The remote control dual blinds were handy and blocked out all light to make the room nice and dark for sleeping.

Checking in was very swift process as we had alraedy supplied our details via E-mail. We were personally escorted to our room by a charming lady who settled us in and gave us lots of information regarding the room and the hotel fascillties etc. Our stay was on a room only basis and we did not have any meals in the hotel, not even breakfast. Breakfast prices were reasonable but S$12 seemed a lot to pay for a cup of coffee. Prices in the bar may be fine if you are a business man paying on expenses but otherwise we found it better to eat and drink elsewhere.

Unique Quality: I had contacted the hotel, prior to our arrival, to request a high floor and mentioned that it was our 25th anniversary. We were delighted to find an anniversary card in our room on arrival and shortly afterwards a beautiful cake and and some orchids were delivered to our room. This was a lovely, unexpected touch.

The hotel's location is ideal for both tourists and business men as it is located close to numerous shopping malls, transport links and a choice of MRT stations which can be reached in a few minutes walk in air conditioned comfort. We made good use of the Singapore airlines tourist bus which stops just outside the hotel which is very good value even if you don't have a boarding pass to get the discount.

Our room was on the 24th floor and had a view towards Raffles Hotel We enjoyed sitting in our room with some wine from one of the local 7/11's while watching an amazing thunder storm raging outside before getting ready to go out for the evening. I asked to use a computer to check in for our flights and was not charged for this. I also rang from my room and the staff checked the departure time of my flight and rang me back with the information. Good service.

This is not the cheapest hotel in Singapore but I felt that it represented pretty good value.

If I ever come back to Singapore I would definitely stay here again.

Tricky Dicky rating 9/10

Directions: Close to Raffles, Suntec & the Singapore Flyer.

H1 N1 SWINE FLU CENTRAL

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 17, 2009

After a week of business meetings and staying at the Four Seasons Singapore, I’ve had a couple of free days left in Singapore. So upon checking the TripAdvisor website, I was interested in checking out the #1 ranked hotel in Singapore, the Pan Pacific Hotel. To my horror, the assigned room’s toilet was what you would only find in public toilets in a third world country. It had dried up feces on toilet seat and cover. The red marble toilet floor had urine stains all over and smelled of cigarette smoke in a non-smoking room.

As it was rather late in the evening and having an exhausting day, when I spoke about the unsanitary condition to the Day-Manager early next morning, he assumed that I wanted a freebie or room upgrade or something. He’d automatically assumed that I was one of a Singaporeans who are known to be notorious complainers. His only excuse was that they were busy because of their National Day events the previous day. After a lengthy discussion explaining that I’m an American businessman visiting Singapore and only wanted the problem fixed, he went to see the room for himself while I went off to the business center in the hotel on 22nd floor.

Unlike any other hotel’s business center, the Pan Pacific charges the use of Internet by minutes. Any printing will be charged per page. Of course the Internet use in room will be charged according to usage, and they will nickel and dime you for any other services that are normally inclusive in any other hotels that caters to business travelers. Only after the Day-Manager inspected the miserable and unsanitary condition of the bathroom did he contact me to apologize. It appears there is no housekeeping operations measure for inspection before releasing any room to their guests. Pathetically, the Day-Manager sent up a plate of fruit and a letter of apology late in the afternoon. I don’t think my wife and two kids back home would give a s--t about a fruit plate if I’d caught a H1 N1 Swine flu in Singapore while staying at a so-called “#1 ranked fancy hotel in Singapore”, do you?

After staying at twenty-some different hotels in the U.S. and Asia on in the past year alone on business trips, this is by far the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed, bar none. The Trip Advisor’s #1 ranking for this hotel in Singapore is not only undeserving, it’s very misleading. This hotel is downright dangerous and unhealthy with H1 N1 Swine Flu spreading all over Southeast Asia. The Pan Pacific Hotel in Singapore should be cited for health violations, and its management operations rigorously reexamined and regularly inspected.

If you must travel to Singapore for business and want to stay near Marina District, spend the extra bucks and stay at either Ritz Carlton or Mandarin Oriental across the street from the Pan Pacific Hotel Singapore. And, don’t rely on the TripAdvisor ranking system.

Safe travels to my fellow business travelers…

H1 N1 SWINE FLU CENTRAL

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 13, 2009

After a week of business sessions and staying at the Four Seasons Singapore, I’ve had a couple of free days left in Singapore. So upon checking the Trip Advisor website, I was interested in checking out the #1 ranked hotel in Singapore, the Pan Pacific Hotel. To my horror, the assigned room’s toilet was what you would only find in a public toilet in a third world country. It had dried up feces on toilet seat and cover. The red marble toilet floor had urine stains all over and smelled of cigarette smoke in a non-smoking room.

Unlike any other hotel’s business center, Pan Pacific charges the use of Internet by minutes. Any printing will be charged per page. Of course the Internet use in room will be charged according to usage, and they will nickel and dime you for any other services that are normally inclusive in any other hotels that caters to business travelers. Only after the Day-Manager inspected the miserable and unsanitary condition of the bathroom did he contact me to apologize. It appears there is no housekeeping operations measure for inspection before releasing any room to their guests. Pathetically, the Day-Manager sent up a plate of fruit and a letter of apology late in the afternoon. I don’t think my wife and two kids back home would give a s--t about a fruit plate if I’d caught a H1 N1 Swine flu in Singapore while staying at a so-called “#1 ranked fancy hotel in Singapore”, do you?

After staying at twenty-some different hotels in the U.S. and Asia on in the past year alone on business trips, this is by far the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed, bar none. The TripAdvisor’s #1 ranking for this hotel in Singapore is not only undeserving, it’s very misleading. This hotel is downright dangerous and unhealthy with H1 N1 Swine Flu spreading all over Southeast Asia. The Pan Pacific Hotel in Singapore should be cited for health violations, and its management operations rigorously reexamined and regularly inspected.

If you must travel to Singapore for business and want to stay near Marina District, spend the extra bucks and stay at either Ritz Carleton or Mandarin Oriental across the street from the Pan Pacific Hotel Singapore. And, don’t rely on the TripAdvisor ranking system.

Safe travels to my fellow business travelers…

Jenelle7's Profile Photo

Excellent Hotel

by written on May 5, 2008

We stayed here at the end of our holiday in November 2007, and it was the perfect way to end our honeymoon.
We stayed on the Pacific Floor and enjoyed the free "pantry" all day and the free cocktails at night. We received a cake and bottle of champagne on arrival and were given a tour and explanation of all the facilities on the Pacific Floor so that we could take full advantage of them.
The location was really good, with underground airconditioned shopping all the way to the MRT.
We didn't sample the pool or any restaurants in the hotel as we were only there two nights, but the staff were excellent and remembered our names immediately, though it was quite embarrasing to be introduced as "the honeymooning couple".
All in all, this was a fabulous stay, and I would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend it to everyone I know.

Unique Quality: The location was a plus, being walking distance to an MRT, and also, the glass elevators were certainly something different.

SLLiew's Profile Photo

Excellent Convention Hotel

by written on September 12, 2007

Stayed here for several nights for a convention.

Great view of the surrounding from the room.

There is more privacy in its location is, however, is a short walk to the nearest MRT station.

tedandtina's Profile Photo

Great!!

by written on July 3, 2006

Stayed there from 6/7 to 6/9. Best experience! THe floor was on the 20th with big private guest only elevators. Room was great! Separate shower , tub, marble work. The Bed was so comfy and the buffet breakfast was awesome!!

Highly recommend this hotel! 5-star to me.

kiely's Profile Photo

Awesome.

by written on July 2, 2006

This is the greatest hotel I've ever stay. It's not the most expensive one but it's definitely worth staying there while you are in Singapore. I've always stay there whenever I go visit the city.

Unique Quality: The breakfast is AWESOME!

tedandtina's Profile Photo

Convenience is everything!

by written on June 9, 2006

Stayed from 6/7 to 6/9. Absolutely fantastic. Booked a deluxe room and asked for a higher floor. Kind enough to let me check in a bit early and the room was spacious and huge separate bathtub and shower.

Spectacular Breakfast buffet was filled with almost everything imaginable. Newspaper brought to table. It was included in the rate.

Friendly and professional staff.

Highly recommend for first-timers to Singapore...

Unique Quality: Nice amenities and very prompt with good service and follow up.

It is nice because they have a one button feature called ' one service,' so you don't have to fumble around looking for numbers to call front/housekeeping/roomservice etc...

The decor is very beautiful and the hotel is so clean and very comfortable.

Elevators are fancy and the glass ones are reserved for hotel guests only.

Convenience is everything in Singapore since the weather can change and temps. as well.

Directions: Connected to Marina Square and Suntec City.

bumpychick's Profile Photo

A great hotel!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 25, 2005

The Pan Pacific is in a really good location for most of the major sites. The rooms are of a high standard, with interesting features that you don't often find in city hotels. The rooms on the higher floors have great views; ours looked out over the harbour (although there were a few, lower buildings in the way. We were able to check in early (8am) and check out late, without any fuss at all. All the staff were polite and friendly.

Unique Quality: Great lifts! They are all glass and travel right up through the centre of the hotel. If you are afraid of heights, close your eyes.

Directions: Close to the harbour

redhotwax's Profile Photo

One of the very best!

by written on January 14, 2005

When I moved to Singapore, I stayed in this hotel for about 2 weeks before managing to find a place to live. I was 12 at the time, and obviously woo-ed by the grandeur of this hotel, but looking back on it and visiting the hotel now, at 21, I still love the place.

The atrium in the hotel lobby immediatly sets the tone, rising up to the 34th floor.

By far one of my favorite hotels in the world.

Unique Quality: The view on the Singapore harbour on one side of the hotel, and the view over the city on the other side are amazing, especially from the top floor restaurant. Take a ride on the elevator based outside the building for a really nice view!

They've got a really nice poolside restaurant, in the open air.

The staff at the Pan Pacific are really friendly, and cater to your every need. When I lived in Singapore, I used to go there every once in a while, and they recognized me and my family from our 2 week stay, very nice touch!

Directions: Marina Bay Area.
Take the MRT and alight at Raffles City, it's a 5 minute walk.

Aussie666's Profile Photo

Centrally located (so is everything else)

by written on January 2, 2003

Nicely appointed rooms, all with great views (if you're high enough), mini bar!!, 5 restuarants, pool, spa and right next door to the convention center and shopping malls.

Unique Quality: Full service spa was a nice treat after long work hours (happy hour was like...5 hours long)....oh and I really liked the exterior elevators, it was fun to see the exprssions on passengers faces when I started jumping up & down.

Directions: Three blocks from Raffles and new art center.

Pan Pacific Singapore

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Singapore Travel Forum

Need advice about Singapore, Singapore? Visit the Travel Forum for Singapore and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Singapore hotel reviews