1 Unity Street, Singapore, 237983, Singapore

Booking.com Orbitz.com Park Hotel Group

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• fachd's Profile Photo

Average Hotel with Good Location

We stayed for 7 nights in June 2012 at Park Hotel Clarke Quay on the third floor. Everything about the room is small. In our stay we included breakfast which is ordinary. The menu did not change the seven nights we were there.

The location is excellent. It has a nice pool and pool ground. It is very close to Clarke Quay and Riverside Point Shopping district where you can have lunch and dinner. At night the district became alive, people from all walks of life congregates to let loose. Nearby you can catch river boat cruise, night view of Singapore is something to see.

I can’t complain regarding the staffs they are excellent, professional and polite.
If I would stay here again well I am not sure.

• Be prepared to be "bumped"

On our way to New Zealand on Sunday 21st February, we stopped overnight at the Park Hotel, Clarke Quay. This booking along with another booking for Monday 8th March had been made with Travelmood in the UK in June 2009.

The first night ( Sunday 21st February ) was absolutely perfect, and we took the short stroll to Clarke Quay for a meal. We were anticipating doing the same thing on our return on Monday 8th March.

However when we returned to the hotel on Monday 8th March at about 19.00, the duty manager approached me with some story about the hotel being full and that there wasn’t a room for us (despite it having been booked since June 2009 ).He arranged transport for us to take us to the Rendezvous Hotel, and arranged a complimentary breakfast for us the following morning.

By the time we got to the Rendezvous and settled in, it was about 21.00. We were exhausted after a long journey from New Zealand and as we had to leave the next morning at 9.20, and also because it was now too late for us to stroll to Clarke Quay, ( because of the distance involved ) we would have had to get a taxi ( which we would have probably had to pay for ourselves) ..

If you don't mind being messed about, then this is a good hotel.

More about Park Hotel Clarke Quay

Good Hotel In Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Getaway_Travel

Reservation Process (1 Star): We made the reservation through Park Hotel website and waited for two days to receive a confirmation email but did not get any. I emailed the hotel inquiring about our reservation but did not get a response. I finally called the hotel, spoke to a Reservation Staff. She emailed me the confirmation letter. I subsequently tried to make another reservation for a friend and the hotel website was not working properly. When I emailed the Reservation staff, they were not responsive at all. I had to talk to the the front Desk when I got to the hotel to make the reservation. I also informed the hotel Management Staff about the reservation experience so that they could improve their system.
Check-in (4 Stars): The day we arrived at Park Hotel Clark Quay, the hotel was hosting their grand opening event. The hotel was buzzing with VIP guests and staff were busy greeting the invitees to the event and doing their best to greet hotel guests.
We had reserved a Deluxe Room (non-smoking) and chose this as we wanted to have a view of the river from the high floor. Unfortunately, we were informed that the hotel was fully booked and we could not get a non-smoking room with a view. We were offered a smoking room if we wanted the view but we chose not to. The check-in was quick and we headed to our rooms.
Room (3-1/2 Stars): Our first impression of the room when we entered was "This is a really small room...!" We called the Reception to re-confirm whether this was actually a Deluxe Room or not and was informed that ours was indeed a Deluxe Room and not only that, all the room are same size except for the Club Rooms. Yes, the room had a Queen Bed, a desk and chair, a single chair but there was not enough room to put two standard size suitcases on two luggage racks. The room was tastefully decorated, the carpet and furniture were spotless, the bed was comfortable. The bathroom, while also not specious, was designed with functionality in mind. There was a safe in the closet. The floor-to-ceiling glass window is a nice touch. If you are not going to spend much time in your room and don't have too much luggage, then the size of this room would be ok for your needs.
The House Keeping staff was not always diligent about refilling the bathroom amenities. We had to call several times and ask for refills. Calling Room Service or House Keeping was a challenge as our calls always ended up in a voice mailbox, rather than getting forwarded to Front Desk. Getting the service was not an issue once we were able to inform the hotel, but we ended up calling the Front Desk for all our requirements.
The Laundry Pickup staff kept ringing the door bell almost every morning even when the "Privacy" sign was on.
The Restaurant serves very good food, but there are plenty of other restaurants in Clark Quay if you want to venture out.
The Gym has basic amenities and the pool is nice. There is no Sauna or Steam Room.
Location (5 Stars): Clark Quay is a great location. Lots of good restaurants, trendy bars and the river walk is fantastic. It takes 5 to 10 minutes (Singapore $ 5 to 10) to get to Orchard Road by taxi, depending on traffic. We used to take the taxi to Wisma Atria (a shopping complex on Orchard Road) which we found to be the easiest and cheapest to get to by taxi from the hotel. There is no subway station near the hotel but the Bell Boys will be more than happy to get you a taxi. There is usually a few taxis hanging around by the side of the hotel. There is a Super Market right opposite the hotel, and that same building has a Star Bucks Coffee and Deli France among other things. There are 3 Seven-Eleven convenient stores within 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel. These are open 24 hours and you can get pretty much anything there starting from pre-paid mobile SIM cards.
What we liked best: Location, helpful hotel staff - especially the Bell Boys.
What we liked the least: Reservation process.

Superb hotel complimeted by good staff and a great location

by TripAdvisor Member mds23576

A great hotel that is very modern and equipped with everything you need for a pleasant stay. The pool was very well maintained and much needed at the end of a warm and sticky day. Staff were always very polite and happy to assist. Breakfast was very enjoyable and catered for all needs. The free WIFI makes a business trip a lot easier and convenient.
Location is fantastic - right on the river and a stones throw from a very lively Clarke Quay - especially Saturday nights. Only 10 minutes walk to China Town as well and 15 minutes to the popular Orchard Road. Very convenient and very good value for money.

A nice hotel to sleep in and close to where you need to be!!!

by TripAdvisor Member only1jafy

My girlfriend and i stayed in this hotel in Aug 2009. When a hotel is good there really isn't that much to say, Park hotel is one of them.

The reception area is obviously new, but quite small and so is the drop-off and pick-up area . However, this isn't important if you're looking for a hotel to sleep in for the night/ afew nights

I cannot comment sincerely on how the hotel food, facilities or the staff actually are because we only used the hotel to sleep in and much else. The bellhop and consierge were very helpful so if everyone is like them, quite a good customer service!!!

The rooms are a bit small, but they are cosy and all the facilities that you need are in the room. i have no idea if the room has an ironing board and/or iron.

For the price i would recommend this hotel. We also went to the mandarin oriental for a few martinis and the hotel looked fantastic from the inside and the service + food and drink were out of this world. If you go to singapore go to the mandarin oriental for at least a few drinks!!!! martinis at $12 but they serve steak sandwiches on the house!!

Delighted

by TripAdvisor Member AdhocTraveler

The hotel was packed as it is the opening ceremony that the hotel was having for the day I checked in. It is a national day celebration package that i signed with.

Something I like:
1)Late check out (@2pm and maybe 6pm) - FOC
2)Return ticket for Singapore river from hotel to esplanade that is a great complementary deal for tourist
3)Great breakfast spread with local delicacies and international dishes as well
4)Great location at the heart of night activities of the city to clubs/ bars/ dinning restaurant at Clark Quay
5)5 minutes drive to Orchard, easy access by public transport
6)Great night view from the hotel

Something that I DONT like:
1)There is no bathtub at my room
2)Tissue is not replenished despite i raised my request

Overall I am really pleased with the stay and i would assess the level of service as good.
Highly recommend for business traveler.

good new hotel with tiny rooms

by TripAdvisor Member cahorsGermany

It was my first visit to Singapore (business purposes) and therefore I can't compare it to other hotels in the city. I stayed for one week at park hotel and after all it was really good. As mentioned before the hotel is quite new and so are the facilities. The rooms are quite small, but when you travel alone, it should be sufficient - but when you visit SGP as a couple the rooms may be a little bit too tiny...
The staff is really friendly and they try to help you all time. Be aware to turn out the "privacy" light, when you want your room made - the "privacy/make my room" is not acknowledged by card on the door, but by a light - and if you forget to switch it of, your room won't be made for days - but after two days the reception will inform and kindly ask you if everything is okay...
The pool is not big but okay. The gym features just two treatmills and one or two exercise machines - this is not much. And there is also not really a window in the gym, bur the machines are new and in good shape. For me this was the only way to work out in SGP - I was not able to run or bike outside, because of the temperature and humidity.
A weak point was the breakfast - not the assortment or the quality, but the restaurant is so small , that I had to line up and wait 10 min for breakfast two times. Once I suffered and went to a diner outside of the hotel, and at the other day I was send to the club lounge in the upper floor. This was really nice with the view to Clarke Quay and the Financial District. I had the same view from my room, and this was really impressing, above all at night. I can't tell something about the restaurant/ bar in the evening, because I never tried.
Clark Quay and Boat Quay is in walking distance and a cab is easy to cach to bring you to the other places.
So after all: A good place to stay in Singapore if room space is not your main focus.

Wonder-bloody-great.

by TripAdvisor Member TheRealSweetlove

From the first moment I entered the luxurious - but not spacious - lobby/bar/dining room - I was welcomed by the most accommodating staff. I was upgraded - dont know why and dont care - and as I had read reviews that the rooms were small I was expecting a luxurious squat. The rooms arent huge - they are a normal size room - I stayed in a standard with view of the city and the river. The rooms were luxurious for a standard room - in fact on South Australian standards they were "looxury" at an economy price. The staff were so kind and caring and went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant as possible. They gave me good advice, were extremely attentive and I have photos with them - they were that memorable. I am going back there as soon as I can because its in a good spot. Just a very short and wobbly walk from Clark Quay and as the taxi drivers are so accommodating and so cheap - close to everything - it just makes it a dream, It was a wonderful, memorable visit. My only advice is tell the taxi driver Unity Street - cos the hotel is so new I once got delivered to the other Clark Hotel!! You wont be disappointed and if you are you should be staying at Raffles.

Fabulous hotel with luxurious rooms

by TripAdvisor Member TravellerMaidstone

We stayed here for two nights as a stopover on our way to Australia - what a fab hotel! It is brand new (the official opening was the night we left), and it was lovely to take advantage of all the luxury throughout the hotel. Our room was huge with a lovely stone-floored wetroom, and the air-con was just right as a relief from the outside sticky temperature & humidity. The staff couldn't do enough for us, particularly at breakfast where their efficiency really showed up UK hotels. Eggs cooked to order were great, as was the selection of fruits, cereals, hot & cold meats etc. The pool on the 2nd floor was like Hollywood, particularly at night with the subtle lights and palm trees. This was a great start to our holiday, and I would love to go back to this hotel.

Nice, but no more....

by TripAdvisor Member Schonefeld

Hi,

We stayed in PHCQ during our stopover on the way to Europe, here is my impression of the property.

1/ Check-in-out - no problem, swift , efficient, no mistakes. The booking (contacting hotel directly) was the rough experience, but after sorting things out with Sales director it all was smooth and sound. Pricing is OK and they always have some special offers and promos, check the official site.
2/ Rooms are small, as all the previous posters truly mentioned. The exact size is 21 sq.m. No room for luggage at all.
The biggest enigma and secret of the hotel is ... all rooms are of the SAME size, superior, deluxe and club. I`ve seen them all by my own eyes. The difference is in floor, amenities, access to club lounge and, of course, the price. Mind that when you book.
3/ Room decor, furnishing, bedding ect, all is brand new, stylish and very functional. The downside point - there is no sitting area with a table. They switched it to writing desk and one armchair, the option, on my esteem, is less comfortable and less functional for a hotel room.
4/ Bathroom with shower cubicle and vanity counter is perfect, amenities are fine too (bathrobes, slippers, shampoo, shower gel, body lotion, soap). Towels are in plenty, all crispy clean and changed daily. Hair dryer is in the top drawer of writing desk ( alongside with mini bar bottles and LAN cable). LOL
5/ Swimming pool is gorgeous, two jacuzzi (one incorporated into pool perimeter, one separate), nice garden. Pool is not cold, but rather VERY nice temperate and very refreshing after a full day of sightseeing. Enjoy it. Beach towels are available, believe it - they are WHITE too, vane luxury though. Sun chairs, tables etc are aplenty, but no pool bar. Surprisingly.
6/ Breakfast. A disappointment unfortunately - a very limited selection of cereal (3 choices), cold cuts (1 choice), veggies (only rukkola salad), fruit (only melon). Three or four choices of hot dishes, cheese counter, egg counter ,yogurt, juices. Tea or coffee by order. Also we were unfortunate to go down for breakfast at the moment when a GROUP from mainland China was attacking the restaurant. It was like Waterloo battle - eggs, watermelons and croissants were grabbed and torn apart by tens of storming pretends. Total mess whatever, ALL managers and waiters were running mad with most unhappy faces full of WHAT-CAN-WE-DO of excuse expression. Lucky on the third day of my stay they DEPARTED. A huge relief for me and for hotel staff as well. The conclusion - the restaurant (the one and only) is small and barely functional when GROUPS are going to eat there all in the same time.
7/ Internet access is chargeable in superior and deluxe rooms, 7S$/ hour. In club rooms it is for free. Wifi (free) is available in lobby area and the restaurant (ask the password at front desk). If you left your laptop at home there are 2 PC for public use to the right from the main entrance.
8/ Taxis are easily called and waved by concierges at the entrance.
9/ The area around the hotel is the best part.... Clarke Quay is a short stroll under the Clemenceau Bridge along the river to the left, Riverside Point is in the same direction just cross the river. But to the right from the hotel you`ll find even better eating/ drinking options in Robertson Quay and Robertson Walk. Highly recommended.
10/ If you have any question I`ll be happy to answer.

Schonefeld

A very good option by the river

by TripAdvisor Member FlyingLatvian

This newly opened hotel is great all-around: spacious and very clean rooms, nice breakfast, good location, welcoming staff, comfortable beds, clean comfy bathrobes, a swimming pool.

A few annoyances in no particular order:

1. They started charging for internet access in early September. The daily rate was at least SIN$20.

2. The gym is well kept but is way too small.

3. It is impossible to get them not to change your towels. The "leave on the rack or throw on the floor" language is not understood here. Similarly, it is impossible to get the laundry service to just fold your t-shirts. They will fit them over cardboard and seal them in plastic.

4. On my second stay here, the overhead shower sprayed water all over the bathroom. But to be fair, I do think they would've fixed it - if I had asked.

5. Sometimes it is not easy to flag down a waiter to get coffee with your breakfast buffet.

These are minor problems though. Overall, I had a very positive experience with this hotel.

Eating Laksa in Singapore.

by GJay

Can anyone recommend a restuarant which serves Laksa somewhere around the Park Hotel Clark Quay. Also another one that has Murtabah, and finally Chillie Crab?
Thanks

Re: Eating Laksa in Singapore.

by lynnehamman

Almost all restuarants around Boat Quay and Clarke Quay (especially the Chinese ones) will sell Laksa Steamboat and Chilli Crab. They are Singaporean specialities. Wander around, and check out the menus, which are usually displayed outside.
The Novotel ( Clark Quay) has a great restaurant too- and we had a very good meal of Chilli Crab there.

Eating Laksa in Singapore.

by kentut_besar

(LOL) ............. seems like deja vu .......... I recently posted some info on Chinese food in the Singapore portion of this forum, in response to a query.

OK, for Laksa, no particularly good stall near this hotel. The good Laksa stalls are mainly in the area called Katong, along East Coast Road.

For Murtabak (actual spelling), ask your hotel concierge for the nearest 24-hr "Mamak" stall, they'll do you nicely. Alternately, if you have the energy, cross the river to Boat Quay, take a few steps into Circular Road, whic is parallel to Boat Quay, & look for a 24-hr "Mamak" shop called "Shah Alam".

Thats where most Singaporeans stop for a Murtabak "supper" after a night out pub crawling along Boat Quay.

For good Chilli Crab, go to any of the seafood restaurants along Boat Quay, most of them serve reasonably-priced & tasty Chilli Crab.

Hope this helps, cheers.

Re: Eating Laksa in Singapore.

by ViajesdelMundo

ummmm! you conjured up a special memory --- 33 yrs ago, 11th January, the man who is now my husband and I had our first meal together at the Orchard Road Car Park (I don't think it exists now), and we had LAKSA! we love it!!

ENJOY!