7500 Beach Road, Singapore, 199591, Singapore

Agoda.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Blondiina's Profile Photo

OK for the price

Parkroyal on Beach Road is a business class hotel, located almost in the Arab quarter. The lobby is very stylish, but unfortunately this does not fully extend to the rooms.
    We had asked for a non-smoking double, but on arrival we were shown to a smoking twin. The room stank of smoke so bad that I immediately told the porter that this is not what we asked for and we will not stay in this room. He was understanding and called to reseption to see if other rooms were available. There was one smoking double so we agreed to go check it out and since it didn't stink of smoke (allthough had a funny smell) we agreed to take the room. I must say that the hotel handled this very well as the next evening we received a call that a non-smoking double was be available. But as we had already unpacked, we decided to stay in our current room.

The room was OK what comes to amenities and was very spacious. There was an ironing board, a minibar, a hair dryer, nice toiletries etc. But it was no where near perfect and here is why:
    - bathroom sink didn't let water out and water stayed in the sink. We asked this to be taken care of but after a couple of hours the same problem was back
    - I hate the planked and sheet thing. I mean that kind where you have a woollen planket over a sheet. Yuk!
    - What ever you do, DO NOT look up when in shower. On the ceiling where the air-condition is, there was this horrible layer of mold and there was so much of it that it looked hazardous to the health. DISGUSTING! The bedroom air-con had similar problems but not as bad.
    - we wanted to go on the SIA hop-on hop-off tour and asked the concierge to show us the nearest tour stop. He directed us to a wrong bus stop (no, we didn't mess this up ourselves) and we lost an hour of valuable sighseeing time because of this.

We had an evening flight on departure and the hotel let us use the showers in the fourth floor. This was convenient since there were toiletries, hair dryers etc. This floor is also where the big pool, fittness centre and spa are located.

Unique Quality: Breakfast was nice and there was plenty of choise. I especially loved the fried noodless, the delicious waffels and the fresh fruit. I also used the laundry service and my laundry came back smelling lovely and nicely folded.

The location is OK, especially as the famous Arab street with its fabulous fabrics is just accross the road.

• Carino's Profile Photo

Serviced appartemets

As an expat you might end up at Parkroyal the Plaza. The location is quite good in walking distance to Bugis MRT and Suntec City. Also you do have some restaurants nearby, including some local steamboat restaurants.

Unique Quality: Some things I didn't like about Parkroyal: The lizzards in my room, the small bugs in the kitchen, the hotel laundry (SGD 8 for a bad ironed shirt??), the iron in the room (which left nasty stains and has not been replaced after my intervention), missing newspaper (three times in a month), some staff that barely understood english, loooong waiting list for modem rental and the cost of laundry & dryer tokens (somewhat like 3 SGD).

Things I did like: Overall friendly staff, nice rooms, the location, the view (lake view!) and the cleaning (good job!).

Overall I stayed there for a month and was very happy to move into my own appartement and have my furniture again.

• Not the best!

Stayed at this hotel for four nights in October 2006 on the recommendation of a friend. Unfortunately it did not live up to our expectations. Service upon check in was rushed and quite unfriendly and no information was offered as to what the hotel offered it's guests. Our room was quite rundown and looked like it needed an urgent facelift and to top it off our view was of a multi-storey carpark! Upon asking for a room change we were told that they full and no other rooms were available. We did travel at peak time in Singapore so this was not unexpected but my husband & I were thoroughly disappointed with the whole experience. Luckily our short break wasn't ruined as most of our time was spent out & about! The only thing I could recommend about the Plaza Parkroyal would be the swimming pool area. Large, very peaceful above the bustling noise of the streets and the staff up here very helpful and FRIENDLY!

• jenniferhen's Profile Photo

Modern Singapore Hotel

This was booked as part of our Singapore Stopover that we booked with Singapore Airlines. We were very happy with the $50/night that we paid as part of the stopover rates. We were even happier when we got to the hotel and it was very nice and then we got upgraded for free.
    This hotel was modern, very nice beds, ensuite was very clean and then we recieved a %50 discount in hotel's restaurant which we only used once. (We wanted to try as many different places as we could, not just eat at one)
    I would recommend this hotel to anyone as it is a very comfortable place within walking distance of most attractions.

Unique Quality: There was a nice roof top pool and gym.

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Plaza Parkroyal

It is a modern hotel with Western toilets and Asian influences. The rooms are a decent size providing refrigerator and iron. They have a disco, spa, gym, and restaurant. The restaurant is expensive and the food is not all that good. It is best to go across the street and pay a lot less for better tasting food. The area is very safe, next door there is a drug store across the street are shops. There is a pedestrian bridge that can take you across the street safely because the street is wide. Several different buses stop in front of the hotel. Across is like a little arabia on one side and india on the other. About 3 blocks over is the train and bugis junction where there is a lot of bargains. Behind the hotel 3 blocks the other way is suntec city.

• Hewer's Profile Photo

Best Rooftop Pool in Singapore!

I stayed at the Plaza Parkroyal for four nights in March, 2004. I also went there for work three years previously. I really liked this hotel because the facilities and appearance were great but overall it was quite affordable. It seemed like it should cost more than it did.

The only bad point was the proximity of the hotel to Orchard Road. If shopping there is a priority for you, then having to get a taxi each time could become a drag.

Unique Quality: The rooftop pool in the Plaza Parkroyal is the best thing about this hotel. If you are planning to relax and unwind and you normally use the pool facilities when you are staying at a hotel, you won`t be disappointed. the roof itself is ringed by greenery, over which you can see nearby parts of the city. Magic stuff!

Directions: Located on Beach Road at the end of Arab Street. Bugis is the nearest MRT station.

More about Plaza Parkroyal

Park Royal, Beach Road, great place....

by TripAdvisor Member Traveladvisor

I spent three nights in this superb hotel as a stop-over en route to Perth WA. Classed as a 3 star.....I wish all 3 star hotels where this good!
Clean,crisp, comfortable beds. Beautiful well equipped bathroom. Fully air conditioned. Mini bar, kettle, tea/coffee, a nice touch was a couple of bottles water free & replaced daily.

The swimming pool....magnificent, sqeaky clean. Air conditioned changing rooms. A nice touch was a couple fluffy white towels waiting for you in your locker!
I didn't use the fitness room or spa but it goes without saying?

In the eveing the hotel has a disco & live music.
Drinks were expensive in the bar.
All in all, I would very happy to return to Singapore & to the Park Royal.
Les. Hallett ( Oxford UK)

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Anki77

my husband and i stayed at the plaza parkroyal for 2 nights as a stopover in december 2006. i was a bit concerned as it was not near the orchard road precinct (which was only a short walk away anyway) but it was a great hotel in a good location. no more than a 5 minute walk to the bugis area, including plenty of shops, places to eat and the metro station. recommend catching the train to the airport as it can't be beat for value.
the rooms at the hotel were a good size. there was a strange musty smell in the hotel corridors but the rooms were fine. we made use of the gym and swimming pool and as it must have been off peak time for tourism it was nice and quiet.
our deal included complimentary late check-out and the buffet breakfast which had plenty of food to choose from and was always fresh.
whilst waiting in the lobby one morning, the hotel manager even came up to us and asked for any feedback/comments on the hotel. It was nice to know that they were interested in what guests had to stay, although we didn't have any negative comments.
Overall, highly recommended.

Good hotel, a little pricey.

by TripAdvisor Member BritishExpatGermany

Overall, the hotel was a reasonable standard, but not really value for money unless you get a special deal.
The room was a good size, with comfortable beds. We had booked directly on the hotel's own website, but ended up with two single beds instead of the queen size we wanted.
There is easy access to the city centre by metro or bus, however the taxis only cost a little more if there is more than one person travelling.
There is a good variety of local pubs, clubs and restaurants just across the street from the hotel.

Good position

by TripAdvisor Member MickiAustralia

Right near Arab street and easy walking distance to Bugis and lots of shops and restaurants. Rooms ok , comfy bed, standard bathroom (ours had a plumbing problem that wasn't corrected for 4 days of our stay. Water from drain in room above ran down our wall wetting loo paper and towells everytime the occupants above had a shower or used the basin)..not nice.
Stunning Balinese pool area and big ,clean pool - gorgeous garden. Good choice.

Comments