Quality Hotel Marlow

Agoda.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 31% more and rated 14% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Airpunk's Profile Photo

Good hotel, but not my kind of place

We got the Quality Hotel in a travel package with Air Asia: The price (ca. 110 EUR per person for three nights, including Air Asia flights from KL to Singapore and back, 2010 offer) was excellent. In total, we were satisfied with the hotel. We used the pool and had comfortable rooms. Wifi is available for free, computers in he lobby are available for use for the fee of 1 SGD/15 min (2010). Breakfast caters for western as well as local needs – so dear Westerners, don't be surprised to find spicy noodle dishes in your breakfast menu. The dinner buffet has mainly Asian dishes although those are walso prepared to cater Western tastes.
    My friends were really excited by this place. For me however, it was not what I expected. Staff was friendly, but I felt to be treated too formal (not to say servile). The leak below our bathtub was widely ignored by service staff and during a 3 week UK and Asia trip, this was probably the only place where I got sick from the food. Good value for the money nevertheless. Still, I preferred my backpacker hostel in KL.

Directions: Uses Farrer Park MRT station to get here via public transport.

• cybertraveler14's Profile Photo

An OK value, but poor location

The first impressions of the hotel are good, as the lobby looks very nice. However, the service left a lot to be desired. We tried to check in at 17:00, but they didn’t have a room ready, despite signs saying they had 40 some rooms available. After about a 15 minute wait, we were finally given our keys. The room was very basic, but was fairly large as we had a triple. Judging by the fire diagram on the door, the other rooms were much smaller. The location wasn’t very good—it is about a 15-20 minute walk to the nearest metro station (Novena) and the hotel’s free shuttle only runs a few times each day. The bus does stop near the hotel, so if you figure out the bus routes that is a decent alternative. Our room was quiet and clean enough, so if we got an excellent bargain, we might consider staying again.

More about Quality Hotel Singapore

Oriental Charm

by Sharrie about The Oriental

The Oriental!

A name synonymous with service, quality & excellence!

It is one of the very most famous & highly regarded hotels in Bangkok.
Luxury, magical & guaranteed to satisfy...
Well, that's what the hotels always claimed.
But this one delivers ;-)

The other Oriental found in Asia is in Singapore.
I'm not too sure if they belong to the same group as I find a discrepancy in management style & quality.
But there's one if you are looking for it in Singapore.

Hyatt Hotels & Resorts

by Sharrie about Grand Hyatt

Hyatt Chain is another popular chain in Asia. Specifically it's Grand Hyatt that commands the prestige associated with grandeur & service. This is an upmarket accomodation & you wouldn't be disappointed with location, service or room quality & ambience.

I like the Grand Hyatt in Jakarta, Bali, Bangkok, Hong Kong & Shanghai. It's more expensive than most, other than perhaps Shangrila & Ritz Carlton groups of hotels. But it's well worth your money especially if you like to be pampered.

A World Of It's Own

by lmkluque about Genting Highland Resort

Malaysia Describe this accommodation, what a tall order! Disneyland meets Las Vegas meets the Shopping Mall is the best I can do. My visit to this hotel preceded the building of the big hotel complexes in Las Vegas such as Excaliber, however, the grandness was no less impressive.

This hotel/resort was located in the mountains, the air was cool and that alone was worth the trip up for me.

There was an underground amusement park with rides for the kids. A shopping mall where almost anything you'd want could be found. I happened to be looking for a "Big Bird" toy for my little Malaysian grandson.

I think it was on the second floor (American) that I found the Casino!

Outside, the hotel offered a fantastic view and there was a huge lake for boating activites and water sports! The most unique quality, seemed to be the size of this place and the variety offered. It was a world unto itself!

There were quite a few restaurants to stop in from very casual to very formal. The food was not delicious, and that was disappointing.

I don't know how the average person gets up to the hotel, but we took a funicula from our hotel located at a lower level, up to the underground amusement park area to get to Genting Highland Resort.

Little India

by Brian&Sally about Classique Hotel

Located at the end of Little India, a couple of minutes walk from the Mustafa Centre, is the Classique Hotel. It's claim to fame for us is that it's reasonably cheap by Singapore standards for the quality you get, and the location - you're only five minutes walk from some great curry in the morning or evening! Like most Singapore hotels the rooms are small, but they're comfy, bathrooms are well sized, and they don't suffer from "lobby syndrome", where the opulenceness of the lobby is in inverse proportion to the quality of the rooms.

Quality Hotel (formerly Robinson International)

by Cathy&Gary about Quality Hotel

Located on the fringe of the Central Business District, it is far enough from the hustle and bustle of urban life yet close enough to be within easy access for those wanting a taste of Singapore's unique metropolitan lifestyle.

The Hotel has been refurbished since we stayed there, so it hopefully will be an improvement. Smallest rooms we have ever stayed in!!.

Robinson International Hotel Here

Olive Tree Restaurant @ InterContinental Hotel

by yipsufen about InterContinental Hotel

Service is prompt and friendly, spread of variety and quality food. This sums up Olive Tree. I had my breakfast and lunch at this restaurant and each time I stuffed my stomach with the delicious food here. It offers buffet breakfast (SGD 32.50++) and lunch. The food here are of quality and caters to guests from different region. You can help yourself with Japanese soba & sushi, Korean kimchi, Malay rendang and curry, Chinese dim sum & porridge or Singapore Bak Kut Teh, Lebanese kebab, American sausages & burgers, Italian salads, English pastries. Cheese, honey, fruits, salads, fruit juices and omellete are freshly prepared.

No wonder I have put on weight after staying in InterContinental Hotel for three nights :)

The City Bayview Hotel. That...

by MALONE

The City Bayview Hotel. That is it's name not its outlook. S$108 nett/ night. Not what I would call cheap and cheerful as it has neither quality. Medium priced and the rooms are adequate. There is a swimming pool (small) on the roof and it's location is very central. Breakfast is included but that shouldn't swey you.
S$95 +++ (which means there are the tree local taxes to add on totalling 14%) S$108 nett.

Spoil yourself

by davidmc about Mandarin Oriental Hotel

I'm not going to say that this is the best hotel in Singapore, but it certainly made my stay very enjoyable. For 75 GB pounds per night for a twin room, with free upgrade to a "Club" (executive) room I'm glad that I dedcided to treat myself to a top quality hotel so conveniently located. The facilities were first rate, the hotel building impressive, but it was the so very friendly and helpful staff who made it a great hotel for me.

Quality HotelQuality Hotel

Quality HotelQuality Hotel

Top quality seafoodTop quality seafood

Top quality seafoodTop quality seafood

Gold price and quality

by Sha2e

Can anyone please detail me the comparitive price and quality of gold 22k in singapore and India. Is it better to buy gold in singapore or India. and if in Singapore, which are the places or shopes where i can look for some bridal/Wedding jewellary.

Thanks in advance

Re: Gold price and quality

by MoeB52

Hi ,
Have been to both places but did not buy any gold ..do think gold might be less in India but you need to go to a store that is very trust worthy ..There is an Indian shopping area in Spore .May be you could check it our on line .Do think Singapore is a bit $$$$.
Maureen

Re: Gold price and quality

by rkhanna

Hi
I saty in mumbai and have been to singapore before. The rate of gold does not vary much between the two. but the designs in India are just great and so is the making charges which have to bee bargained.
rohit