Quincy Hotel

The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality
Agoda.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 38% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Quincy Hotel

Contemporary and comfortable stay in great location

by TripAdvisor Member jimmy_jane0905

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay at the new Quincy Hotel. Opened in February 2009, the hotel was great value for money with the airport pick-up (it was a Mercedes not a limo as advertised), free meals, free Internet (two MAC computers in the lobby as well as wifi with password requested at the lobby), free local calls, complimentary cocktail during 6-8pm, and complimentary minibar (water, soda, and beer). There are nine rooms on each floor and are all identical in size.

The room is just the right size for two people, so not very big. The bed was king-sized and very comfortable, while the flat screen TV was an added bonus. Everything was modern, sleek and new with Molton Brown shower products. We checked out the 12th floor and both the pool and gym looked amazing.

We had about 8 choices on the menu for dinner including a pepper steak, crayfish fried rice, fish & chips, etc. While the breakfast buffet consisted of fish porridge, eggs, hash browns, sausage, bacon, toast, yoghurt and cereal.

Overall a great stay at this contemporary boutique hotel. The location was perfect (only 5 minute walk to Orchard Road) and there were always taxis around.

Quincy stands for Quaint-Unique-Interesting-New-Comfortable/Cozy/Cool-Yummy!

by TripAdvisor Member MelodyTravel

Recently went to stay at a newly opened local hotel ~Quincy hotel for a 1 day retreat and it was a very enjoyable stay despite that I was going there alone. I saw the review of the hotel on Stomp and decided to go for it. Emailed the hotel to get more information a few times and each time, they replied very quickly and professionally.

I was greeted by Frances who attended to me, carrying my heavy bag up to the room and giving me a personal tour of the facilities in the room. Was greeted with a friendly, sincere smile and hi everywhere I went inside the hotel~ definitely did not feel alone! The package I bought was inclusive of a limo ride to the hotel from home and 3 meals as well as complimentary minibar. The price was very reasonable given all these in a package.

Forgive my limited knowledge, but per what I know, most hotel offer only bed and breakfast, some at even higher prices for a hotel located at Orchard Road. It was also quiet enough for me, although facilities are admittedly, a little limited, but they are all located at the same floor, the 12th, which was really convenient. Guess most guests are tourists so they don't really make use of the facilities? It's basic, but enough for me.

The lifts were unique, with light indicators, blue for UP and yellow for DOWN. They claimed to be able to scan your room card and you don't even need to press the button to reach your floor. But I didn't try it out as I was naturally pressing the button haha..

The room, I love it! Super comfortable bed and unique in design, with the use of glass panels and mirrors as well as cleverly designed hidden cabinets and the mechanised curtain. Comes with a giant-sized TV with speakers even in the bathroom where you can watch TV while you bath. Was a bit warm though, coz the temperature was fixed at 24Deg? I tried changing it but it always jumps back. Probably to save costs.

The food? Definitely YUMMILICIOUS!! I had steak+wine for dinner. Cooked just right and it was a hot hot meal. Guess what? Wine was free flow for a couple of hours, though I don't drink, I agree it is an attractive offer for those who do. You can even sit in the garden while sipping a glass of wine and just enjoy the nice view and water features. The buffet breakfast, though limited for a buffet, was an adequate spread. The lunch? I had creamy alfredo pasta with fungi. Again, it was delicious. Might I say, can even call it one of the best pasta I ever had?

Was even given a little surprise in the morning when I found the day's newspaper hanging on my door. Now that is good service!

At the end of my stay, I wrote a complimentary letter to the staff and management. I was surprised to get an email reply from them very soon after! Such friendly service! I've recommended the hotel to a few friends and they are more than convinced upon my review and photos. Definitely recommending it to all and be back soon!

Great hotel, excellent staff

by TripAdvisor Member Lazlo9

Beautiful modern design, great location on a quiet dead end street just a couple of blocks from the center of Orchard Road. The 12th floor glass-walled swiming pool is spectacuar, very good gym on the same floor. Wonderful, friendly and courteous staff. The food, included in the rate, was very good. Good bathroom, room just a little on the small side.

The price including limo airport pick-up and full meal plan

Amazing Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mbakrania

A modern hotel (which is also fashion conscientious).

Very Friendly & helpful staff, I paid for the All Inclusive service and was not disappointed.

The Pool (I think on the 12th Floor) is amazing; also a sauna & steam room is there.

Orchard Rd is a few minutes walk away from the hotel.

Definitely will come back again

overall good, but some kinks

by TripAdvisor Member byln

We stayed at Quincy for one night checking in on saturday, 25 April 2009 and checking out on Sunday, 26 April 2009. This was basically a staycation (I do hate this term) but well we live in Singapore but we thought we would spend a night in a hotel as opposed to travelling out of the country which would inevitably cost more, and it was not like we had the luxury of time.

I had actually earlier thought of spending 3 nights at Capella, but my partner objected. We would get bored on Sentosa, and Capella wasn’t exactly cheap. So we “roughed it out” at Quincy (at the cost of around SGD$306 inclusive of taxes for one night for two people) in the end. I was particularly drawn to the fact that Quincy was all inclusive – so the price we paid was inclusive of room and board – 3 meals (which you have at their inhouse restaurant next to check in), housepours and housewines during happy hour (6 – 8 pm), minibar (soft drinks, mineral water and a can of beer) and snacks in the room (2 small packets of potato chips) came with the price. If we had stayed longer, we would be entitled to two pieces of laundry items per day. And if youre flying into Singapore it would include a pickup from the airport. A good gym is also quite the pull factor for me and Quincy (being new) had a modern, well equipped gym which I saw on their website and later see more pictures of taken by tripadvisor reviewers.

I would say that our experience at Quincy was on the whole a relatively pleasant one, but I do think there were some kinks that management could iron out. For example, I went to the gym at 8am in the morning and it was sweltering in there. I’m not sure if there is even air conditioning in there, but if there was they must have turned it off, and I could not figure how to turn it on. The breakfast spread was also dismal – coldcuts of chicken ham and pork bacon were not of good quality with the latter done rather badly. Think extremely hard and greasy. I would say that while their lunch and dinner selections do afford some choice, at the end of the day the meals were all done in a slightly haphazard and somewhat amateur fashion. The kitchen is essentially open and you can see them preparing your meal. While the bed did look very inviting and was quite comfortable, the pillows werent. I had quite a bad sleep because the pillows were essentially too bulky and my head propped up a little too high. My partner had no problems with the pillows though. I am also a light sleeper and was basically woken up several times late into the night with the couple next door quarelling and a lady crying away with drawers being slammed. I could hear this all through the wall although the sounds were muffled. The internet connection in our room also did not work with my partner's macbook. In the end we used our own portable connection.

I like the fact that the room was nice and bright, and comfortably sized for two. We could bring down the blinds with an automatic up & down switch by the bedside table so lighting could suitably be adjusted. The bathroom was also a good size, with a bathtub, separate shower sink and toilet that doubled up as a bidet. I did not like the fact that the sink was so shallow – like a big plate – lots of water would spill over if you arent paying special attention. The TV was a good sized 42 inch flat screen mounted on the wall infront of the bed, but if you are doing work, the desk is directly below the tv and too close for comfort really. The minibar was also amply stocked, and the toiletries were molton brown. Furnishing and decor essentially is good and new because the hotel itself just opened in February 2009.

Personally if I were a tourist, Quincy’s location is slightly off - it is still some distance from the nearest shopping centre, Paragon, and we couldn’t really figure out how to cut through York Hotel to get to Far East Plaza even though our host, Holly and tried to show us from our room. The hotel is also situated among some high rise condominiums and terrace houses. It felt a little too residential for me. Nevertheless, I do agree that if you want to take a cab anywhere you can get one quite easily.

At the end of the day, if you will spend a lot of time in the hotel and would want the convenience of having all three meals at your hotel then I would say Quincy is a good choice. Else, I would prefer staying somewhere else on the orchard shopping belt and it might also be cheaper for room and breakfast.

First class experiance

by TripAdvisor Member caz7steve

Modern , spotlessly clean , friendly and very helpfull staff , fantastic rooms , food limited but excellent only one thing advertises as all inclusive but its not quite so. Bar drinks only free between 1800-2000 when eating otherwise quite exspensive advertised cocktail bar but did'nt actually serve cocktails.
The experiance was first class more 5 star than 4.
would recomend to couples,buisness people but not really kids.Will definatly visit again.Not the cheapest but worth every penny.

Value for Money

by TripAdvisor Member Speedy20

the structure of the hotel looks very flat from the outside and my 1st impression is that the room must be very small. To my surprise, after the warm greeting of the front desk & check in procedure, i enter the room with awe. It definately don't look small and the hotel is very new with modern furnishing.
I explored the property & the gym is definately considered big for such a flat structured property. The pool offers excellent scenery & the late check out facilities for guests is a plus point.

Will strongly recommend to friends who are looking at value for money property as price $218 includes 1 airport transfer, bfast, lunch & dinner.

We were impressed with the all around value of this new hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member DinaFlorida

We were in Singapore primarily for business, with a few days of tourism. The hotel exceeded our expectations and we would certainly visit it again. The modern decor, friendliness, concern of the staff and general all around hospitality were outstanding. It is a very modern facility, tastefully decorated. The "boutique" concept with meals and some provision of laundry services is convenient and definitely a bargain!!

Only tell people you really like about this little piece of Heaven ....................

by TripAdvisor Member JdoubleUB

There is just nothing, and I really do mean nothing, bad to say about Hotel Quincy.
Kong the Limo Driver met us on time at the airport, looked after our luggage and gave us an informative commentary about Singapore enroute the Quincy.
Reception were expecting us, they were all very polite and efficient, they gave us a lovely room on the 11th floor with panoramic city skyline views.
The room itself was, as is the hotel, very contemporary, medium sized but perfectly formed with all the amenities you could wish for or need. King sized bed with very clean , expensive linen & huge pillows, 42"LCD, Wifi & associated assorted cables should you need them,chair window ledge seating, Auto Blackout Blinds, fully daily stocked minibar, iron, hairdryer, and safe. Housekeeping took and returned 2 complimentary Dry Cleaning items daily.
Luxurious glass enclosed barthroom with privacy blind, garden tub,shower , toilet / bidet & designer hand basin with quality daily complimentary toiletries, 2 Bathrobes and Slippers.
The glass sided cantilevered infinity like pool on the 12 floor was great during the heat of the day, and fantastic by moonlight. Loungers fresh towels and chilled water are all there to be used.
The Gym has all the equipment you will need ( all with fantastic views), Sauna, Steam Room, Toilets and Showers all free to be used and are spotlessly clean with pleasant Musac and contemporary design.
The Buffet Breakfast is extensive and plentiful and changes slightly day by day.
The inventive Lunch and Dinner Menu's change each day and offer around 8 or 9 appetizing choices. The Waiters are very good, friendly and polite, and their service is faultless. The food is freshly prepared and is excellent. There is also complimentary Beer, Alchohol & Cocktails at Dinner. The Resturant & reception area is very easy on the eye with quality contemporary decor and views. The other guests were all very friendly, polite and considerate. Orchard Road shopping is but a stones throw away. We travel widely, and the Quincy really is a little gem, give it a go ............... you really will not be disappointed !
Special thanks to Saresh & Eric from John & Anna Brigden

It's a very new and nice boutique hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member Rich630

Quincy was newly open - everything was very nice and new. The price was about USD 150 per night but it included a lot of benefits due to its special promotion. The room was good and the bed was comfortable. It took about 5 minutes walk to the Orchard Road. Although the location was considered to be very nice, it could be quite hot to walk up to the hotel in day-time. Do consider taking a cab to the hotel when you were having a lot of heavy luggage with you. If you have budget and wish to stay close to Orchard road then Quincy could be a good choice.

Quincy Hotel, Singapore, How close is it to the malls and shopping centers?

by VidER

Hi All,

I am visiting Singapore next month and planning to stay in a hotel Called (Quincy).

I was wondering if it i close though from the shopping centers and malls in Orchard Street. How many minutes of walking will it take me from the hotel to the busiest areas of Orchard Street?

you can see th hotel map here:

And if you had any other comments or recommendations about the hotel or the area please let me know.

Thanks.

vidER

by Stepwalk

I haven't stayed at the Quincy but it generally gets good reviews on Tripadvisor. It appears to be about a 10 minute walk to Orchard Rd.

by fossettes

Yes, the Quincy is in a very good location for shopping on Orchard Rd. The intersection of Orchard Rd and Scotts St is the shopping hub and the Quincy is about .5 km from there. Enjoy your time in Singapore!

by yskoon

No problems. Good quiet location and definitely close to shopping malls, all within walking distance. Enjoy the Great Singapore Sale.

Comments